1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed that when playing MP3s on the T600, sometimes the songs start to cut in and out, almost as if there is not enough processor power to play them? I have experienced this through the external speaker as well as through the headset jack. In fact, driving to work today I had the T600 playing some tunes in the car and it started to skip and was followed by a soft reset.

I am using pocket tunes as my mp3 player. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I'd almost say that it sounds kind of like streaming audio with brief interruptions in the data stream (but I know that it's not).

No soft resets though.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

it can be a couple of things. Are you using the Radio Shack adapter for external? And the encoding of the MP3.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4.    #4  
    Shooter, thats exactly what it sounds like.

image, I am indeed using the radio shack adapter. Are there known problems with this? I have also experienced this problem using the internal speaker of the treo.
    just fine. I don't have a headphone nor stereo adapter yet but I play MP3s for hours on the speaker - no interruptions whatsoever unless the phone rings.

Is yours a virgin 600 or upgrade from 300?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    just fine. I don't have a headphone nor stereo adapter yet but I play MP3s for hours on the speaker - no interruptions whatsoever unless the phone rings.

Is yours a virgin 600 or upgrade from 300?
    Maybe its how my mp3s are encoded. It doesnt do it all the time, only on some songs and typically after it has been playing a while.

Ive got a bloody virgin 600 delivered on 10/9. My previous phone was a Samsung uproar (great phone) with wireless web, so needless to say this was a big upgrade.
    I encode at 160kbps in iTunes and have never heard a skip or interruption.

What rate and ripper are you using?
    I encode at 128 KBPS with MusicMatch and I am also using a Radio Shack adaptor. I have no problems except for an occasional tiny blip when I change to the phone app.
    I use the RS adapter, and the only problems I've had is when another app accesses a large file on the card. The MP3 breaks up for a second, then all is normal. Could that be the source of your problems?
  10.    #10  
    I encode most of mp3s with the LAME encoder at 192kbs. I just tried listening to one at 128kbs and it didnt seem to suffer as badly. The problem usually manifests itself within about 5-10 minutes of turning on the player. I am using a Sandisk 512mb SD card which could also be the problem.
  11.    #11  
    UPDATE:

After upgrading to Ptunes deluxe, all my problems seem to have cured themselves. Shoutcast on the T6 is awesome BTW