1.    #1  
    I have registered multiple times, both from the CD and by typing in the link directly. Both on a mac and PC. however, I never get the email from HS telling me how to download pocket tunes. Customer Care couldn't help me. What I thought was weird is that the web page registration never asked for a serial or order number. Anyone get this to work after it not working initially?
    Originally posted by robguz24
    I have registered multiple times, both from the CD and by typing in the link directly. Both on a mac and PC. however, I never get the email from HS telling me how to download pocket tunes. Customer Care couldn't help me. What I thought was weird is that the web page registration never asked for a serial or order number. Anyone get this to work after it not working initially?
    FWIW, I did not get a response until I surfed to the registration site from my Treo 600 and registering using my PCS Mail email address.

You may want to try that route.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Which site do you go to - to register? I'm having the same problem getting pocket tunes. No word at all. Only 2 days left until it doesn't work any more.

Help!

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Zaud
    Which site do you go to - to register? I'm having the same problem getting pocket tunes. No word at all. Only 2 days left until it doesn't work any more.

Help!

Thanks!
    http://www.handspring.com/cdregister/
  5.    #5  
    JBoogie you did it! I never would have thought to do that because I never use my Sprint PCS email for anything. How stupid that Handspring put up all these hoops to jump through. Hopefully one of their customer solutions people reads this and can give the correct instructions to people that call in about it. the link in the email worked fine and now it's installed!
    The main problem is that the email from handspring looks like typical spam and doesn't say it's from handspring:

Fr: "Customer Service",
    Subj: "the program you requested"

so my spam filter probably nailed it several times--I might have even trashed it myself at least once.

If you look at the sender's excact email address it does say @handspring.com, but if you only display the name of sender it doesn't.

So much spam reads exactly like this, unfortunately.

Finally I called HS (sales) and they emailed it again and then I spotted it in my spam/junk mail folder.
    Thanks for the help JBoogie!

I was registering multiple times without any luck until I followed your wise direction.

This forum has ended my frustration once again.
    So, I finally received the email notification for the download from Handspring (thank you Treocentral forums...)

...but now, I'm still waiting for the registration number.

....am I missing something?

HELP! Just one day left before no more Pocket Tunes!
    Once you download the file from the supplied link in the email, install the new pTunes. No need for a registration number.
    Originally posted by TreoTheo
    The main problem is that the email from handspring looks like typical spam and doesn't say it's from handspring:

Fr: "Customer Service",
    Subj: "the program you requested"

so my spam filter probably nailed it several times--I might have even trashed it myself at least once.
    I work at palmOne and will speak with our Sales team about changing the email they send so it doesn't get zapped by spam filters.

However, the initial email you received when you registered should have been From: www.handspring.com; Subject: Handspring Registration Software Link. TreoTheo, is it possible the email you describe receiving came directly from the Sales team, after you called them? Would you mind doing a quick search to see if you can find the original email under the subject line above?

I'd like to be sure we don't have a problem in distributing the software, so any lurkers on this thread who have more information, please speak up.
    I registered 3 days ago with my normal e-mail address and got no reply. I did check my junk mail. I just re-registered using my sprintpcs.com address and got the link in 5 minutes, and downloaded successfully.
  12. crp
    I'm still waiting for my Pocketunes too, after twice registering.

I can see 2 issues right away.

1) Why is there no "Login" choice on the web site? If I've already registered, I should be able to go to "My Account" or something. In any event, if I try to re-register and use the same user name + password, most web sites tell you that you're already registered. That didn't happen for me: I successfully (I think) registered the same user name + password combination twice.

2. Once a user is successfully registered (after filling out the questionaire, etc) and has his user name & password, he should be able to redownload software that he has previously downloaded. Since I'm still waiting for my first copy, this doesn't apply to me yet.

Regards,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.