1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I've been reading the posts on this board and I am just looking for some basic info... on whether or not to get the Treo 600

I have Sprint right now and I need to keep my same ph # so it looks like I will be sticking with them.

I only need this device for Email, IM, and as a cell phone.
    of course the added features will be fun to play with but as for everyday use those are the main things.

should I go with the Treo 600 or is there something else out there that will do what I want it to?

thank you oh gods of all that is technical in nature...
    If email, IM and phone are all you need, you can save a ton of money by going with the Treo300. It depends on how much the extra features are worth to you.
    Originally posted by skfny
    If email, IM and phone are all you need, you can save a ton of money by going with the Treo300. It depends on how much the extra features are worth to you.
    Yeah, What he said!
    Originally posted by Dcox20
    Hey guys,
    I have Sprint right now and I need to keep my same ph # so it looks like I will be sticking with them.
    Nov 24th...number portability. take your number with you to any provider.

just something to think about.
  5.    #5  
    is the number portability a new offering from sprint?

if so that may be the way to go...I've been hearing about this elusive GSM model that is not available from Sprint... without too much detail... whats the difference? added features? just the cool silver color?

also, does anyone know of a website or someplace i can go to that rates different cell carriers based on signal and dropped calls and such? If im going to leave sprint i need to make sure that my coverage will remain strong...

thanks again gurus
    Number portabilty will allow you to change providers while keeping your existing phone number. It's happening because the federal government is mandating it. According to some articles I've read, however, there may very well be problems with it as it rolls out initially.
    is the number portability a new offering from sprint?

if so that may be the way to go...I've been hearing about this elusive GSM model that is not available from Sprint... without too much detail... whats the difference? added features? just the cool silver color?

also, does anyone know of a website or someplace i can go to that rates different cell carriers based on signal and dropped calls and such? If im going to leave sprint i need to make sure that my coverage will remain strong...

thanks again gurus
    The FCC mandated that as of Nov 24, for the top 100 markets in the county, all major wireless carriers must allow you to take your number to a different carrier.

The silver Treo 600 is just the GSM version of the grey Sprint model. It's virtually identical to the CDMA (Sprint model). Obviously it works on different networks, data is slower, and it gets around an hour more talk time.

Try www.epinions.com and type in the name of the carriers and locations.
    Ctrl+Alt+Del

Hey guys,
    I've been reading the posts on this board and I am just looking for some basic info... on whether or not to get the Treo 600

I only need this device for Email, IM, and as a cell phone.
    of course the added features will be fun to play with but as for everyday use those are the main things.

should I go with the Treo 600 or is there something else out there that will do what I want it to?

thank you oh gods of all that is technical in nature...
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by csherman
    Ctrl+Alt+Del

uhhhh thanks.
    Just a little humor (very little)...
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."