Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Okay I down loaded the PDANet program thanks for the link professor. nrosser do you know if any of these programs out here are available at no charge? If not I am going to try this one out for the 15 days or however long the length is and then try to uninstall it and then reinstall it and see if it forgets (doubt it) but we'll see if it works.
    Loondog I don't know what it is but some of the 3g(vision) phone accounts I have seen where the wireless web carried over from their old 2g phone before they upgraded (basically it was done in error) I have looked at the usage on some of these account and to my surprise... They weren't getting billed the per kb rate!!! I was like oh my goodness!!! I want to try and use the wireless web on my acct and only pay the $5. but then again i use my vision services so much that it wouldn't even matter.
    When I go back to work tomorrow I'm wondering if they were being charged out of their anytime minutes?? I am going to find out the deal with the ww charges on those accts for you. The Sprint Enigma Continues....
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  2. purpleZ
    Originally posted by TreoDaddeo6
    Okay I down loaded the PDANet program thanks for the link professor. nrosser do you know if any of these programs out here are available at no charge? If not I am going to try this one out for the 15 days or however long the length is and then try to uninstall it and then reinstall it and see if it forgets (doubt it) but we'll see if it works.
    You wouldn't be trying to use a program indefinitely without paying, now would you? Shame, shame!

Programs leave little bits of info on your Palm ("preference" files) indicating when you first installed an app and these files reman even after you uninstall the app. A bit like Windows' Registry. some naughty individuals use Uninstall Manager (install BEFORE initial app installation) to remove all traces of apps when deleting them.

http://www.northglide.com/downloads.html

Still, if you use an app, pay fot it. Palm apps are cheap and most developers arn't exactly making a killing.
  3.    #23  
    hUMM i Wouldn't be wanting to do that (*looking down w/hands behind back and kicking rocks*) But I might jkust browse by that site you just gave me PurpleZ and just click away at the screen and whatever downloads, downloads. And then whatever is on my desktop is on my desktop, and whatever gets synched to my Treo the next time, gets synched. It's not my fault is it??
    Originally posted by purpleZ

You wouldn't be trying to use a program indefinitely without paying, now would you? Shame, shame!

Programs leave little bits of info on your Palm ("preference" files) indicating when you first installed an app and these files reman even after you uninstall the app. A bit like Windows' Registry. some naughty individuals use Uninstall Manager (install BEFORE initial app installation) to remove all traces of apps when deleting them.

http://www.northglide.com/downloads.html

Still, if you use an app, pay fot it. Palm apps are cheap and most developers arn't exactly making a killing.
    Actually, I've found that Uninstall Manager can miss some files. I've found InWatch Uninstaller to be much more accurate and easier to use, although it is not as automated.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    The larger question, treo-lovin' Daddy, is - WHY use the treo to connect to the laptop? I contend that the treo exists to FREE you from the laptop - free you from the windows tyranny. Free you from connections and booting up and such! No more lugging that beast around! Say no to all that plastic and YES to all that is Treo!

I use my treo to allow me to get away from the PC world. It allows me freedom - it fundamentall changes how you can work.

So - cast off that PC - unchain yourself. Goodbye dreaded PC!!
    Accessing the web with a Treo 600 with PdaNet and a laptop is much faster than a Treo 600 alone. Also, Treo 600 with Blazer 3.0 seems to be more data hungey than Treo 600 with PdaNet and a laptop. Are these good reasons?
  6.    #26  
    Alright so it's too late for me to install this app now that I already installed the software so my next question is this?? When I perform a hot sync to my treo will it bring back all my favorites? Favorites such as the program and picture caller id files and more importantly.. will it back up the ringers?? I am asking this because i have installed the Palm Software Sync Manager and I do not see any of these files on my laptop?? Can anybody lend any help on this.
  7. Mordeloth
    Originally posted by TreoDaddeo6
    i can tell you many things about how sprint works, how to bail out of a contract
    Really? Please tell me... maybe it will work with Verizon =)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12