1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I was able to pick up an unlocked GSM Treo 600 in Singapore (about $650). Am now using it in the US on t-mobile. Everything is working well and I am very impressed with the Treo. I won't repeat all the positives and negatives that others have listed. I was using the xda pocketpc phone which now seems huge compared to the treo.

On t-mobile, I am successfully using voice, sms, and the web so it makes me think that the t-mobile software problem (if there really is one) is related to their t-zones software. Have successfully installed pocket tunes, mNotes (from commontime to sync Lotus Notes), lots of mp3, ebooks, etc. Have a 512 sd card and cut a writeshield from ppctech as a screen protector. It took about 30 minutes to switch sim cards, install palm desktop, and the the mNotes and I was up and running.

All you GSM waiters, hand in there it is worth it.
    I think the problem may have been with wireless sychs or updates causing soft resets.
    I'm interested hearing your experience with the Treo 600's phone reception/call quality compared to other cell phones. My Treo 180 has awful call quality. And that's if it can get a call through at all. But, if I swap my sim into my wife's little Nokia, I get much, much better call quality and reception. How's the 600 for this?
    Can someone confirm if the GSM Treo 600 came with the "Handspring Mail v1.0" application? I would like to see if their is any way for us CDMA user to get and use this app as it was on the emulator and worked well.
    What was the name of the store you bought your GSM Treo 600?

do you have a URL if it was an online store?

Is the software in english?

I just might try to get one myself.
    Last edited by Nitrous 426; 10/29/2003 at 12:40 PM.
    Originally posted by Nitrous 426
    What was the name of the store you bought your GSM Treo 600?

do you have a URL if it was an online store?

Is the software in english?

I just might try to get one myself.
    Give this a try....

http://shop.d-nexus.com/product_info...oducts_id=1767
    Originally posted by lnichols
    Can someone confirm if the GSM Treo 600 came with the "Handspring Mail v1.0" application? I would like to see if their is any way for us CDMA user to get and use this app as it was on the emulator and worked well.
    Yes, Handspring Mail 1.0, but i note some strange in my GSM treo...First the color is black (like Sprint CDMA) and come with some rare apps like ATViewer3, ClibTest(debug Terminal), Debug Prefs, Pogo Term, T.V.....

your Treos come with these apps???
    some of these crash my Treo...
    ^^^^^^
    you've got a pre production ROM my friend, you shouldnt have those debug tools in a final release of the phone.
  9. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    To answer some of the questions above:

- purchased at Edpol in the Funan IT mall. There are at least 3-4 more stores in this mall that carry the treo 600. The international Handspring web sites lists where to buy in Singapore. Some of these store probably have web sites but I am not aware of any.

- mine is GSM silver. Looks cool.

- It comes with Mail 1.0 which seems to work OK.

- No problems with resets, speaker, rattles, etc. The SD card should have been designed not to stick out at the top.

- When I started it up it asked what language and listed about 5 choices. I selected English and don't recall all the choices.

- Phone is better than my xda pocket pc phone. Clearer sound and 1-2 more bars in my home office.

Today I flew from Chicago to Minneapolis and back. Everything worked great (phone, sms, web). The web helped me find an earlier flight when my meeting ended early. T-mobile reception and gprs worked fine. I had a Sprint Treo 600 under the 14 day trial period and I found very little difference in web response when I was comparing to my xda pocketpc. I had to return it before I could do a direct sprint/gsm comparison but I can tell the gsm battery clearly lasts longer.

Glad to see from WBO post that more of you will be joining me with the GSM version in the next week or or.
    Anyone know of a way to pull the Handspring Mail app from the GSM version and make it available to us CDMA users. This did not come with our unit. Probably so Sprint could get $5 for Business Connection.
    Originally posted by jsl94117
    I'm interested hearing your experience with the Treo 600's phone reception/call quality compared to other cell phones. My Treo 180 has awful call quality. And that's if it can get a call through at all. But, if I swap my sim into my wife's little Nokia, I get much, much better call quality and reception. How's the 600 for this?
    I second that.

My T180 is wretched. My speaker's about to go from that famous hinge/cut wire problem. I only get to hear the other person if I'm lucky. Not to mention the static that I get half the time ever since I've gotten the device.
    Originally posted by BD1
    To answer some of the questions above:

- purchased at Edpol in the Funan IT mall. There are at least 3-4 more stores in this mall that carry the treo 600. The international Handspring web sites lists where to buy in Singapore. Some of these store probably have web sites but I am not aware of any.

BD1, are you the one that ask for shops selling Treo 600 in Singapore on SPUG forum? BTW, for those who need to know where to buy the Treo 600 in Singapore, follow this link:
    http://www.c2ocorp.com/treo600/where.htm

For an online shop, try:
    http://www.ilovebestbuy.com/

As I have mentioned before try Funan IT mall because there are a few shops selling it and they have stocks.
    Hey BD1, how has the battery life been on your GSM?
  14. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    wookoktong: yes this was me on SPUG which is how I found out about Funan IT mall.

orrgroup: battery life seems very, very good after 24 hours of heavy use. I haven't used it enough yet to be more specific but it seems like it will live up to the specs with 6+ hours talk time.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Yes it would be interesting to find out if the Handspring Mail app. can be beamed over from the GSM to the Sprint CDMA version of the T600.

I think it's despicable for Sprint to remove software that's bundled by the manufacturer as part of the device.

Can you give us more details about the functionality of the Handspring mail app.? What features does it have or not have in comparison to Snappermail for example.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by tDot

Give this a try....

http://shop.d-nexus.com/product_info...oducts_id=1767

That store sells the GSM Treo 600 for USD $736.61. I[m wondering where he bought it for $650. I tried the different stores from the Singapore Handpring site, but no luck...
    Can you give us a link for the .prc mail file?
  18. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I have already switched to snappermail because of all the added features. Mail didn't seem to handle deletes and unread very well on yahoo mail.
    As far as price I leveraged a personal relationship.
    I would like to buy it now, could you help to let me know where you buy it in Singa.?

Tnx.