1.    #1  
    Does any one know whether or not you can hear the ringer through the head set? This was possible with the Visor phone but not the treo. Just curious.
    Hi, why don't youi just put on your headset that came with the t600 aand then dial yourself witht a landdline. I would try it, but i cannot use an earbud due to cranial base surgery! take care,jay
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your prompt reply Jay, but I am waiting for GSM. That was a feature I liked on my Visor phone that the 270 did not have. I was hoping some one out there with one could tell me. Thanks any way.

Alex
    hI, yes it does woirk, I tried it just now with the ear bud near but not in my ear. I tried with and without ptunes on. without you hear the same ring tone you pick for the phone ringer and with ptunes on it over rides ptunes and even if you do not accept the call ptunes did not resume by itself! take care, jay
  5.    #5  
    Cool. Thanks.

Alex
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    hI, yes it does woirk, I tried it just now with the ear bud near but not in my ear. I tried with and without ptunes on. without you hear the same ring tone you pick for the phone ringer and with ptunes on it over rides ptunes and even if you do not accept the call ptunes did not resume by itself! take care, jay
    It doesn't work for me...I tried the earpiece it came with, as well as the high performance aftermarket one from Handspring...nothing...no sounds through either earpiece when the ringer is ringing....WTF?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Mono telephone headsets send the sound to the rear speaker for inbound phone ringing. This is a convention on most phones and works on Treo 600 in the same way. Otherwise how would you hear the phone ring when you put the phone down with the headset still plugged in. I know some of you will disagree with this philosophy as you spend your life with an earbud inserted.

If you are using a stereo headset however, the ringtones are mixed with whatever else is playing and DO play thru the headset. So if you put aside the Treo with a stereo headset still plugged in, you could well miss a call by not hearing the ringer but you might catch the vibrate.

Maybe someone will write a little helper app to allow the routing to be a choice/preference.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Mono telephone headsets send the sound to the rear speaker for inbound phone ringing. This is a convention on most phones and works on Treo 600 in the same way. Otherwise how would you hear the phone ring when you put the phone down with the headset still plugged in. I know some of you will disagree with this philosophy as you spend your life with an earbud inserted.

If you are using a stereo headset however, the ringtones are mixed with whatever else is playing and DO play thru the headset. So if you put aside the Treo with a stereo headset still plugged in, you could well miss a call by not hearing the ringer but you might catch the vibrate.

Maybe someone will write a little helper app to allow the routing to be a choice/preference.
    Sweet explanation...and yeah, a helper app would be sweet as heck! Maybe something that rings through the phone speaker AND the earbud at the same time?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Originally posted by abarrios
    Does any one know whether or not you can hear the ringer through the head set? This was possible with the Visor phone but not the treo. Just curious.
    no ring heard through my earpiece here.