Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Nope. Nada. Nothing on the new site except the same old "we will send you a newsletter when its available." Skip the newsletter and just give me a firm f*&cking date guys. A date guys! I can't believe a company that builds devices to organize your life are this disorganized with the one damn product in their lineup. This is getting boring.
    Originally posted by plessdude
    Nope. Nada. Nothing on the new site except the same old "we will send you a newsletter when its available." Skip the newsletter and just give me a firm f*&cking date guys. A date guys! I can't believe a company that builds devices to organize your life are this disorganized with the one damn product in their lineup. This is getting boring.
    It is borderline malice.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

It is borderline malice.
    Certainly insult.
    My gut feeling says that we will not be getting our phones until christmas.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    My gut feeling says that we will not be getting our phones until christmas.
    Christmas? Christmas would be nice. How about it HS? Can you say Christmas? No? Well then, you should not be surprised that I cannot say, "$499-."
  6.    #6  
    Christmas??? Of what year?
    Originally posted by plessdude
    Christmas??? Of what year?
    Now you tell me.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

It is borderline malice.
    Something has definetely changed..............AGAIN!

Check call to Handspring today (3 different CSR's) all say it will 2-3 weeks........late November before the GSM Treo 600 will be available, earlier this week the consensus was this week or no later than next.

Nobody seems to know for sure what is going on, even the carriers don't have accurate information?????
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Nobody seems to know for sure what is going on, even the carriers don't have accurate information?????
    At no point in this launch (or any other I've seen) have customer service reps ever known what is going on. The only information you can possibly hope to get by calling or emailing them is whether or not it is available at that exact second (and they may even be wrong on that). Any information they give on future activity is best ignored. They could say it'll be out in three weeks and it'll be out in an hour. Or they could say it'll be out tomorrow and it'll be out in January. I've seen no evidence that the information customer service has access to has any relationship to reality when it comes to future product launches.

It's really a waste of time to call them and ask when it will be released, because the people you talk to don't have the right information.
    I was kinda bored today, and decided to call Hanspring just for fun

The customer rep I spoke with (extremely kind and helpful) told me the same story (few weeks, late November).

A major change: the rep actually offered to call me as soon as the Treo 600 becomes available. Of course it's a sales call, but still... I found that to be a very appropriate thing to do from their site.

He said that the upgrade through the Handspring website will be for the UNLOCKED version.

And now I have a serious proposal to you guys:

Handspring has been playing with my patience for a while, and I don't see why we can't do the same with theirs. It's a toll-free number... how about calling them at least once a day (each) and ask for a GSM release day. It's a small organization... the message will go up.
    Handspring has been playing with my patience for a while, and I don't see why we can't do the same with theirs. It's a toll-free number... how about calling them at least once a day (each) and ask for a GSM release day. It's a small organization... the message will go up.

Deal!
    Originally posted by sharding
    It's really a waste of time to call them and ask when it will be released, because the people you talk to don't have the right information.
    After reading your post and thinking about it, you are probably right, but the problem is no one including the carriers (Handsprings partners) seem to have the correct information either.

As long as Handsprings officially says nothing other than "within a few weeks" it going to lead to rampant speculation.

One last point if the CSR's are asked and they don't know they should say so, not give different answers everytime you call, compounding an already bad situation.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Guys, I'm in ... every day at least once.

My call today - get this ... I was thinking of starting another thread just for this doosie - the CSR rep that I spoke with said:

"The T600 is DELAY INDEFINITELY" @#!$!!!!! I said, so he goes, "yup, keep checking your email".

Incredible how palmOne/HS really takes the cake for SH*T customer satisfaction. (for early adoptors anyways)
    Whats the phone number you are using, I will use the same one.
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Something has definetely changed..............AGAIN!

Check call to Handspring today (3 different CSR's) all say it will 2-3 weeks........late November before the GSM Treo 600 will be available, earlier this week the consensus was this week or no later than next.

Here is the latest measure of how DESPERATELY Handspring is in continuing the LIE that their timeline has not slipped...

Speaking to a CSR SUPERVISOR, I was told that when they said a "few weeks", that can mean anything from 3 (otherwise it's one week or a couple of weeks) to EIGHT weeks. In the HS vernacular, EIGHT WEEKS is a few weeks.

Of course, he was quick to say, that will never happen since they'd otherwise miss the Christmas selling season....
    A post on the GSM Cingular thread got an email from a Cingular CSR, which indicated availability by "the end of this week or the beginning of next week."

Makes things even more insane, but, maybe there's a bit of hopeful light in this. Then again, I don't believe anything anymore from TMO, HS, CING CSRs.

Considering buying one (unlocked/unbranded) now from Singapore and shipping it to the US. Apparently that is possible. And posts here indicate that they are functional on TMO GPRS, no problem.
  17.    #17  
    somebody wake me up when the Treo 900 is released.
    Answer me this question:

If there was a comperable PDA-Phone (same features) on the market today would you switch? I WOULD

I know there isnt one yet, but MY GOD.. this is a sign. They have capitalized on being the only ones to have this type of package long enough.. Its clear that the competition is in-progres of making products with the same features (keyboard etc).

PalmOne better get thier act together. Loyalty is GONE, all you have a is a cornered market.
    So this is what I think they are going to do. They are going to release the GSM tomorrow(October 30) because the Sprint offer is over today. This way there is no confusion on there web site.
    Originally posted by gekz

And now I have a serious proposal to you guys:

You don't have to propose anything. I'm sure a good chunk of people on the board are already doing it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast