Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've tried them all (that I know of). No application launcher seems to work seemlessly with the 5 way nav button. Anyone find one that does?
    Thanks!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Originally posted by Wirelessness
    I've tried them all (that I know of). No application launcher seems to work seemlessly with the 5 way nav button. Anyone find one that does?
    Thanks!
    Haven't yet. Launcher X may once they finish updating it. Currently, it resets my Treo.
    just installed zlaunncher ...compatible with the five way dpad buttons..highly recommended..finally got it configured they way I want it
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    just installed zlaunncher ...compatible with the five way dpad buttons..highly recommended..finally got it configured they way I want it
    yes, but it only allows you to scroll through tabs, right? Or have they fixed it to fully support five way by letting you also scroll through icons within each tab? If not, then it doesn't fully support it imo.
    I've also recently switched to zLauncher (having previously used LauncherX and been very disappointed by the lack of support/updates).

zLauncher does support the 5-way pad... you just need to know the secret squirrel button press - pushing the centre button allows you to scroll through the indiviudal apps. Once you get used to it, it works like a charm.
    Launcher X works excellent on my Treo 600.
    One of my main complaints about the 2 launchers I've tried recently - SilverScreen and LanucherX - is that they don't pick up the categories that I have defined in the built-in launcher. This means that not only is all the time I spent grouping my applications together wasted, but I have to go through it all again with the new launcher, and if, at some point I choose to switch back to the built-in launcher, I have to go through it all yet again.
    I've abandoned MegaLaucher for ZLauncher. GREAT ! It works perfectly with the new treo.
    Originally posted by InfoTech
    Launcher X works excellent on my Treo 600.
    can you drop a link for lanucher x? everytime i try to look for it, i get every other launcher...
    Originally posted by yeah yeah
    can you drop a link for lanucher x? everytime i try to look for it, i get every other launcher...
    This is a tough one: http://www.launcherx.com
    Regards,

Robert
    Originally posted by seebs

Haven't yet. Launcher X may once they finish updating it. Currently, it resets my Treo.
    Works find on mine. No problems.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    zlauncher works great on the treo. I am sorry I didn't try it earlier I like the recycle bin feature and the file management is better than filez. It is also pretty quick to open. I was stuck on launchem 3.9, glad I finally switched. Launchem is slow to open and is not compatible with the treo 600 5 way navigation.
    Just to clarify

LauncherX Supports 5 Way Navigation True or False?

ZLauncher Supports 5 Way Navigation True or False?

Thanks
    LauncherX Supports 5 Way Navigation True or False?FALSE

ZLauncher Supports 5 Way Navigation True or False? TRUE
    Originally posted by csherman

Works find on mine. No problems.
    Really? Is 5 way navigation REALLY supported?

If you go to LauncherXPlanet.com you may see scores of people with LX problems on the 600.
    a. crashes (not necessarily the first time - it could happen on the 5th launch).
    b. no true 5 way navigation support.

I have tried umpteen times to get LauncherX to work with a T600 and no joy + 5 way nav is not even a little bit supported.

Oh, quote from an Admin person at the LXPlanet site:

By the way, private beta testing of LX fully supporting the Treo 600's five-way navigation button is underway and seems very stable. Look for a public release soon. We don't know an exact release date.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by gidso
    I've also recently switched to zLauncher (having previously used LauncherX and been very disappointed by the lack of support/updates).

zLauncher does support the 5-way pad... you just need to know the secret squirrel button press - pushing the centre button allows you to scroll through the indiviudal apps. Once you get used to it, it works like a charm.
    Secret squirrel button press??? LOL .... well, if there is a secret button press, I guess I will reinstall zlauncher and mess with it some more. I deleted it after I thought I could really use the 5-way with it! Reinstalling as I type
    Originally posted by stevebake
    [B]LauncherX Supports 5 Way Navigation True or False?FALSE
    not entirely accurate - 5-way works as far as switching categories, but to select an app, correct, it does not work.

I'm hoping for a new release of X soon - I really like the interface (or I'm really used to it and don't wanna switch is more like it )
    ZLauncher can you select an app with 5 way? If so how do you do it....I am able to scroll up and down and thats it. Do I need to set something somewhere to use the 5 way....

Thanx for the help
    zlauncher button rules of play: press left or right d-pad to scroll between tabs. lets say you want to go to an app in your "games" tab. scroll to "games", then press the center button. that will sort of highlight with an outline the first app within that tab. then, to scroll within the apps, hit left right up or down, depending on where you are within that tab. to get out of that tab and go to another, scroll to the first or last app within that tab-if you scroll to the top app, press left and that will "de-highlight the app, then you are scrolling through the tabs. if you scroll to the bottom app, hit right d-pad, and that will take you to the next tab.

Okay, that seems a little wordy, but once you try it, it's very natural, I find. Oh, and if you hit your menu button, you can use the d-pad to scroll your choices and hit center to choose. Very user friendly, even if my explanation was not!!
    zLauncher seems to work pretty good and on the Palmgear.com it specifically mentions that the Treo 600 is supported.

"Added support for the 5-Way navigator of PalmOS5.3 or higher. This feature is also for Treo600. "

http://www.palmgear.com

However I read the htnl manual and can not figure out how to change the background color from the light mustard standard color. Anyone figure this out? Thanks
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast