Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Magohn
    zLauncher seems to work pretty good and on the Palmgear.com it specifically mentions that the Treo 600 is supported.

"Added support for the 5-Way navigator of PalmOS5.3 or higher. This feature is also for Treo600. "

http://www.palmgear.com

However I read the htnl manual and can not figure out how to change the background color from the light mustard standard color. Anyone figure this out? Thanks
    Options -> Color Setup -> Tab Back
    Well, I am hooked on zLauncher now, very smooth! And it does work well with the 5-way (I previously thought it didn't!). Now I am the hunt for a "cooler" theme, but am coming up empty on finding low-rez themes! Anyone who has links to point us all to great low-res themes (hopefully free??!?!?!) that would be great. Everywhere I go I find mostly high-rez versions only (at least in all the places that offer them for free). I really don't want to shell out any money for a theme, even though they are cheap, before I even get to see how it looks on my device!
    zoomer777 beat me to the punch. I, too, am looking for a decent theme. Any pointers will be appreciated.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...E=modification

I use the windows xp one. Don't want to praise Microsoft, but it happens to be the best looking one IMO.
    I use that same skin. I went ahead and bought the XP icons as well. Now I have Windows on my Palm. All I need is a Palm skin for my XP machine and the circle will be complete.
    I just can't spend 2 bucks for a theme I may not like. And I want something fresh - I see the XP interface on my home computer all the time
    OOOPS, just realized that I don't have to pay 2 bucks to try out the skin/theme. They just ask nicely to pay them if you like it
    Originally posted by ido
    zlauncher button rules of play: press left or right d-pad to scroll between tabs. lets say you want to go to an app in your "games" tab. scroll to "games", then press the center button. that will sort of highlight with an outline the first app within that tab. then, to scroll within the apps, hit left right up or down, depending on where you are within that tab. to get out of that tab and go to another, scroll to the first or last app within that tab-if you scroll to the top app, press left and that will "de-highlight the app, then you are scrolling through the tabs. if you scroll to the bottom app, hit right d-pad, and that will take you to the next tab.
    O.K. ... trying not to seem dense here ... but I just can't seem to get the 5-way to work with ZLauncher. I can change between the tabs but when I press the center button as ido discusses above ... nothing.

I beginning to take this personally!
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

Originally posted by ShooterX

O.K. ... trying not to seem dense here ... but I just can't seem to get the 5-way to work with ZLauncher. I can change between the tabs but when I press the center button as ido discusses above ... nothing.

I beginning to take this personally!
    Don't take it too personally...I'm having the same darn problem. Can someone enlighten us? I'm using v3.61.

Thanks
    I'm looking for some general guidance in setting up Zlauncher.
    I assume low res theme?
    Which themes seem to work the best.
    Which icons?
    Where can you get different background for does that come with the theme?
    Color setting? 64k or 256..
    Replies appreciated.
    Actually, I had some hi-res nature themes on my Zire 71 and on a whim I transferred them to my treo600. They seem to work quite well. They were all 320x320. Guess they still are, I don't know. All I know is that they look smart on my treo now!
    Anyone want any, just shout out.
    I have the v. 3.62 b2 I think it is their latest. It works great with the 5 way navigation. Palmgear has it.
    Originally posted by seebs

Haven't yet. Launcher X may once they finish updating it. Currently, it resets my Treo.
    I just tried a different layout on LanucherX (switched the tabs from the top to the side, changed the BG color & fonts)
    the new layout caused my treo600 to reset over & over - eventually had to pull LX & re-install from backup

those of you that are getting resets with launcher x - couple of questions:

1) do you have the Cat. Tabs on the top or the side?

2) colored BG or plain white?

3) Normal font or changed to bold, narrow, small, etc?

Just wondering if that is what is causing resets on some units and not others... now that I reinstalled with my old settings it works fine again
    So here's the scoop on the 5-way working for some and not for others ... (at least it was the answer for me)

When I installed ZLauncher this afternoon, I used PalmGear's 'StreamLync' installation tool. It appears that the StreamLync link still points to 3.61 rather than the current 3.62B.

I have now uninstalled ZLauncher and reinstalled it after downloading the ZIP file.

It works ... and it's a beautiful thing!
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

I've been using Zlauncher for the last couple of weeks, since getting my Treo 600, having abandoned Launch'Em.

I didn't know the secret of pressing the center button to get focus withing a Category, and then navigating amongst the applications from there.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Yeah, 5 Way works great, but make sure you have the 3.62B2 version! I am loving ZLauncher! Looks fantastic! I am using the default skin, configured to my prefs big time, and I changed the background to a windowsxp theme (of the desert). Works fine for me!
    Remember, there is also the other shortcut for navigating that lets you hit any letter on your thumboard to navigate within a tab to the application that begins with the letters you are typing! SO for snapper mail, when I am in correct TAB, I can type "sn" and it goes right to the Snapper Mail icon, then all you have to do is hit the enter key. This can speed up the launching of apps if you have a lot on the TAB!
    Has anyone come up with a, ah, less cartoonish color scheme for Zlauncher? That orange default leaves a bit to be desired.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12