1.    #1  
    Got my Treo 600 yesterday replacing my Treo 300 whose batteries were failing. The phone microphone didn't work, so when I called people they couldn't hear me. Tech Support agreed and is sending me a replacement -- but not for one to two weeks. As I use the phone for business, this is unacceptable. I spent a good bit of time on the phone with various people at tech support and customer support. The companies final decision (a few levels above the people who take the initial call) was that I and my business had to do without a phone for a couple of weeks. Although they are shipping phones every day, they have no procedures for priority replacement of defective phones and will not make any exceptions. I think almost any other company would have sent me a replacement phone immediately after I persisted in explaining politely but firmly why I needed it. I've received helpful information browsing this forum and just wanted to let everyone know what to expect if they have the bad luck to get a defective phone at this time.
    i got mine replaced through sprint... next day air..

try calling customer care and explaining

-n
    If you have it with Sprint, you can just take the handset into a Sprint Store and they can order a new one overnight for free.

That is... assuming you have a Sprint Treo 600...

Edit: I see you have a Treo 300, so I'm sure you have Sprint. Have a tech at a Sprint Store confirm your problem and you should get a new Treo 600 (or possibly a refurb - I doubt it because the 600 is so new) within 48 hours.

If you push them, and they have a 600 in-stock, you may be able to get them to give that one to you.
    Last edited by hatoncat; 10/28/2003 at 11:32 PM.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Once it was noted on my account, I went into a Sprint store and had my Treo 600 replaced. When I tried to go thru Handspring I got the same response. Have Sprint note that you bought it from Handspring (assuming you did) and that there's a 1-2 week backlog. Once they noted this on my account I could go to any Sprint store that had them in stock and they could swap it out. YMMV though....i went to a store that knew I was having a prob with my handset, which may have aided the situation.

(Even though that didn't solve my problem....see avatar)
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    i alluded to this in an earlier thread. if you want imediate replacement your better off with sprint.

the bigger issue however is what appears to be the massive amount of problems that exists with this phone and its supporting software.

i'm really not sure i'm going to keep what amounts to a $400 beta version of the treo 600. i can not help but wonder if handspring was pushed or pushing to get this phone out prior to the official vote on the merger. regardless, imo it has been released premature.

this board has become littered with problems that are inexcusable, and the gsm version has yet to be released.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/28/2003 at 11:47 PM.
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    i alluded to this in an earlier thread. if you want imediate replacement your better off with sprint.

the bigger issue however is what appears to be the massive amount of problems that exists with this phone and its supporting software.

i'm really not sure i going to keep what amounts to a $400 beta version of the treo 600. i can not help but wonder if handspring was pushed or pushing to get this phone out prior to the official vote on the merger. regardless, imo it has been released premature.

this board has become littered with problems that are inexcusable, and the gsm version has yet to be released.
    Phones are buggy when they come out. There, I said it! Yes, the Treo 300 was an exception, but most phones (and Handspring wants this to be a phone first and a PDA second) are littered with bugs at release.

That's why Sprint has techs in-store: They know phone's are buggy! That's why they can update firmware in-store (Verizon does this too, GSM carriers make you send the phone off).

I have no doubt that PlamOne will provide firmware updates to fix most of the problems out there. Should they have been fixed before release? Sure, but tell that to every phone maker in the Universe.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    i jumped on the 300 about 9 months ago. it has performed very well. the software and the phone have had few problems in functionality.

i bought the 600 a couple of weeks ago. the premise behind newer models of anything is better product. it goes without saying that it should include quality. this is sorely not the case with the 600 and improved functions they are not if they don't operate properly and consistantly.

i have no doubt palmone will improve this unit. it won't be hard.