Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    There are a number of software companies looking for the api so that they can support the treo camera. Does anyone know if hs has released the camera info?
    Well... page 379 of the Developer guide lists 6 system calls to access the camera hardware (Camera open, preview, capture, close, etc.)

You may want to check that
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    The people from photogather said "found that it is inconsistent with their API declared in the head file of their SDK" Photogather looks like a great program and I'd like it to support the t600 campera.

Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Can you tell us more about this "Photographer" application? Do they have a website?

-B
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Their website is

http://www.eusoftware.com/palme.htm and they already support the clie camera. This would be a great replacement for the treo600 camera software if it worked with the camera.

www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'd bet that Sprint had HS screw up the API for the camera so that folks couldn't save pictures to an SD card and simply attach them to an e-mail in order to circumvent their MMS system.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I had no problems e-mailing a picture after moving it to the card. Snappermail works well for that. I think that hs was simply doing things too fast. I hope someone out there will figure things out and get access to the camera. It has great potential for things such as movie making.

www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Originally posted by hlazar
    The people from photogather said "found that it is inconsistent with their API declared in the head file of their SDK"
    uhm... let's see..

Whoa ! You're right ! There's actually a LOT more stuff in that library than what is documented in the developer guide...

Looks like one guy (Harold Howe) wrote all that suff. Maybe they could try to contact him ?

On a brighter side and to answer KKena about the usage of Sprint MMS, there are actually built in function to make jpeg file out of the library and vice versa; which looks like it's in there, they just did a poor app with it (the phone app isn't all that great either considering all the functionality they built in !). One of the good news is that there seem to be an easy API to extract single Jpeg from the ImageLibraryDB so maybe if there is enough demand, SnapperMail will support those types of attachement in the future...

No, I'm not holding my breath
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Originally posted by GreenTeeth

Whoa ! You're right ! There's actually a LOT more stuff in that library than what is documented in the developer guide...
    The documentation describes the API to the camera driver. You could use these routines to capture a picture or a preview. There are only a handful of routines in this library.

Imagelib.h is not documented in the PDF. It contains a lot more APIs. The imagelib sits on top of the camera driver. It also abstracts the database of images in RAM. Although the PDF does not mention the imagelib, the header file is documented.

If a third party developer just wants to take pictures, they could use either API. If they want to display or manipulate pictures from the database, or if they want to compress or decompress JPEGs, they should use imagelib.h.

H
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Harold,
    Can the api's be used for more than just taking pictures? Is it possible to write movie (avi) files on the external card.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    The photogather people sent me another non-working beta and this was what they said about their problems.

"We do use imagelib.h because we can not find camera.h in their header file package. Their pdf has not use to us.

They do not put the imagelib in their simulator and we do not have treo 600 device."
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Originally posted by KKenna
    I'd bet that Sprint had HS screw up the API for the camera so that folks couldn't save pictures to an SD card and simply attach them to an e-mail in order to circumvent their MMS system.
    Sure you can. With an sd card in the slot, click the upper right corner box and select your card. Now when you snap a pic, it saves it directly to the sd card, as opposed to ram, as a .jpg that can then be easily and quickly attached to an email.