Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well this was a useless thread.

Obviously, the web designers would already have the site designed and waiting. There is no revelation in that.

What would be useful to know (since you SAW the site):

1. Was it a Handspring site that was simply "hijacked" and pasted into the PalmOne site?

2. Was it re-designed like the rest of the PalmOne site?

3. Were the pictures of the Treo 600 the same as we've seen on the Handspring site (or were they NEW shots)?

4. Did the pictures of the Treo 600 on the site show a PalmOne logo on the Treo?

Surely, you can answer these questions without giving away your "advantage" in line?

A screen-capture of your browser open on the ordering page would be nice. You can even mask out the URL...

...if you are telling the truth.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    He bought a Tungsten W thinking it was a Treo
    I want a Treo 600!!!
    Originally posted by RAF2
    He bought a Tungsten W thinking it was a Treo
    Hahaha! I hadn't thought of that possibility.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I think he's full of BS and heres why...If he was able to place his order as he stated, why does ho now have to protect his place in line? He's already in line, let the rest of us have a shot. What goober.
    Originally posted by StankyHangdown
    I had to specify my carrier (AT&T) but it was an available choice - so the T-Mobile only rumor is false.
    I think the dead giveaway is the fact that he specified AT&T as the specified carrier, especially given that AT&T is probably the furthest of all three carriers from offering the Treo 600 based on Handsprings announcements. Not posting a URL or screen shot is further proof that this guy is simply blowing smoke.
    shf
    Originally posted by gekz
    Listen up, geeks:

According to Google, there's no mention of "Treo 600" on the PalmOne site.

Check for yourselves:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...Apalmone%2Ecom
    Listen up, rube:

As "CallMeSTANKY" mentioned the pages is not linked yet.

No link, no google, yahoo, whatever.

Besides google does not crawl pages in realtime. It could be 2-4 weeks before a new page is indexed by google.

Of course all of this assumes "doIstink?" is not a liar.
    I hope you never need any help here you *********, because I will do my utmost to see to it that you get none here.

jerk
    And who was the only US carrier to sell a Tungsten W? AHHHHH ha it was AT&T

Oh yeah this guy is getting an outdated Palm
    I want a Treo 600!!!
    After a little poking around on the new PalmOne web site - with some creative typing of different URLs - I found the web page and "placed" an order for a GSM Treo. I had to specify my carrier (AT&T) but it was an available choice - so the T-Mobile only rumor is false. While I don't expect they will ship me the phone before it is released, its nice to know that I got in line and should get one from the first batch out there.

Guess I'll have to wait for the release to know for sure if it went through - but the best part is the pages are up - "sort of" - which means that they HAVE to be close to a roll out.
    hey stanky! your a fool. haven't you been reading the posts? the 600 should be renamed the 750. that's about how many problems it has. best of luck! you going to need it
    Originally posted by shfawaz

I think the dead giveaway is the fact that he specified AT&T as the specified carrier, especially given that AT&T is probably the furthest of all three carriers from offering the Treo 600 based on Handsprings announcements. Not posting a URL or screen shot is further proof that this guy is simply blowing smoke.
    The only way that you "know" where AT&T is in relation to its Treo 600 rollout is from Handspring.

And we've all learned that they can't be trusted. So anything is possible.
  11.    #31  
    This is a little quote I lifted from a recent post from our resident "expert" on the whole HandSpring Treo thing - WeeBitObsessed....

FYI:

The pages are ready for upload (they said that some people actually navigated to pages for purchase while they were testing them, which they were VERY surpirsed by).. They are going up at 8:30 Pacific time on monday morning..

The pages may even say preorder.... as they only have 3,500 units to send initally, the others will ship on the 14th of november.

-Mike

Guess who was one of those who navigated to the site? Yeah baby.

Oh - and WeeBit - on this thread you called me a jerk and a *********? Why? Cause I got there and you didn't? So now you say I won't be getting any help on this forum if you have anything to say about it? What a small person you are to take such an attitude. Pack sand Mike - pack sand.

Oh - and WeeBit - on this thread you called me a jerk and a *********? Why? Cause I got there and you didn't? So now you say I won't be getting any help on this forum if you have anything to say about it? What a small person you are to take such an attitude. Pack sand Mike - pack sand.
    You were, indeed lying.... the pages were migrated over to Palmone LAST NIGHT!

The tester pages that were navigated to were only at Handspring.com

they were up over night a week or so ago and taken down in the AM. People navigated using a T-Mobile sales tester page that got leaked.

some people even made orders.... which were promptly cancelled.

However, I specifically asked about your claim, and they told me that it was literally impossible. (I was on a conference call with the web designer working on the sales interface... by the way)
    Hey StankyHangdown:

Just post your link. You're already in, right? You're first in line, right? Show us your bit of truth.
  14.    #34  
    You're right - I lied about ordering off of PalmOne.com - but not about ordering off the test pages. The pages were on the Handspring site - I said PalmOne to deflect the copycats - since what I was doing was a little off the mainstream - and I was hoping I could keep the backdoor open a bit - something I knew they would close if 300 people started hitting the pages.

But the truth is in there - and you corroborated it -

1) The pages are ready, and "available" if you know where to look.

2) T-Mobile isn't the only available carrier out of the shoot.

3) People did find a way to get to the order pages, and did use them to order units (whether you believe I was one of them makes no difference to me - doesn't change the fact that it was happening)

4) You are a very small and self-important person to take the attitude that you have with me - as well as to consider these forums to be yours - and that you can pick and choose who does and doesn't get help based on your view of the value of their posts. You are a real good community member there WeeBit.
    At 9 am this morning I tried to purchase the treo GSM one more time. I tried the Upgrade screen and no luck. In another window I tried the buy now option just to see if T-mobile was activated and to my surprise it took me to the T-Mobile Service Provider page with options to keep my plan $699 or new plan with a rebate.

I called a friend of mine and he attempted a similar process with no success. Using my browser history I was able to give him the URLs that him to a successful order as well - Multiple Replacement Program Treo 600 with USB cable (without service plan) $399 @ around 9 am.

The specifics of our success would be useful at this point if this story had a happy ending.

But my excitement has turned to sadness as the status on my order as gone from Credit Card Approved to Failed Order to Cancelled!

Still waiting...
  16.    #36  
    Gooooolllllleee Gomer,

You mean someone else was able to place a pre-order for a GSM version? Granted it, like mine, has since been canceled - but isn't it strange that we were able to do it? Despite the skepticism of the rest of the henhouse here - it can be done. A useless endeavor apparently but done none the less.

Packsand Mike
    You're right - I lied about ordering off of PalmOne.com - but not about ordering off the test pages. The pages were on the
    Handspring site - I said PalmOne to deflect the copycats..........

You are a very small and self-important person to take the attitude that you have with me - as well as to consider these forums to be yours - and that you can pick and choose who does and doesn't get help based on your view of the value of their posts. You are a real good community member there WeeBit.
    I am good member of this community, and have been for quite a while.

What makes it a community is:

A) WE DONT LIE TO ONE ANOTHER

B) We share info to help others, (not hoard it)

I can take exactly the attitude that I did with you, because you are a liar. I knew it immediately, confirmed it, and after watching you see you fallacy crumble admit the falsehood.

Liars suck... therefore you suck..

You wasted peoples time trying to copy what "you did", the penned those very same people as jealous fools, for doubting the veracity of your claim....

Even if what you say now is true.... which is possible but unlikely, it is merely demonstrative of selfishness.

People who post erronious information unitentionally are fine... people who lie are not.

Basically, you are a cheap internet attention ***** and were it in my power to to so, I would ban you and all people like you from these forums forever.... LIAR!
    Don't be hatin'
  19.    #39  
    Yawn.....

Are you done now mikey? You continue to avoid the truths that are evident in my posts that you and now others have confirmed.

Like I said, it makes me no difference if you believe that I placed a pre-order - but the truth from your own mealy mouth was that it had been done.

Whether I was selfish for not giving out the full information about how I did the order - doesn't make the rest of my post a lie. Period - I said I did it - you said it had been done by people - and another post confirmed that he and a 3rd person both placed pre-orders. So what is your gripe? That I didn't give all the information, and that you couldn't confirm it. Call that a lie if you want - but the substance of what I said has been confirmed.

BTW - you don't have the power to ban me from this forum- cause I haven't done anything to earn such an action - so why don't you go back to your little conference calls w/ lead web developers and stop trying to flex your non-existant muscles in moderating this forum.
    Yawn.....

Whether I was selfish for not giving out the full information about how I did the order - doesn't make the rest of my post a lie. That I didn't give all the information, and that you couldn't confirm it. Call that a lie if you want - but the substance of what I said has been confirmed.
    You dont get it.. i dont think that most of your post was a lie.. there are parts of it that could well be true..

But here is where you are missing the point..... you werent guilt of withholding information... thats your perogative ("not giving out the full information")....

You were guily of lying, fabricating, a source and passing it off of the gospel. You didn't withhold a source, you MADE UP a lie instead and that is where my problem is.

I'm done with... this has gotten to be stupid, and I will no longer partake of it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast