1.    #1  
    After upgrading to the mostly totally awesome Panther (Mac OS X 10.3), I can't HotSync to my Treo 180.

There are a number of theories floating about: Palm's installer isn't configured properly, Palm's Backup conduit is incompatible, etc., etc.

I don't care what the problem is, but @#$!)*& it better get fixed soon!!!

Anyway, beware...

Jim.
    ALL YOUR PIXELS ARE BELONG TO US
    I'm on 10.3 and the Palm conduit works fine. You might have to re-set-up everything in iSync and reinstall the Palm conduit.
    -- Go Illini!
  3.    #3  
    I've reinstalled iSync several times, and both the iSync Palm Conduit and Palm Desktop 4.0.

Had to login as root to get enough priveleges to get everything to install.

I suppose you could say iSync was working, except that the HotSync connection times out infrequently and messes everything up.

I'm holding off on sync-ing until Apple/Handspring/Palm release an update/patch.
  4.    #4  
    OK.

Here's the deal:

You need to delete all your preferences for iCal and iSync before this will work again. This doesn't directly affect your data, but I wouldn't even think of it without a good backup handy.

Short version of a very long story:

1) Handsprings Palm Desktop 4.0 will work

2) It helps to have all your info fixed on the computer and then overwrite your data on the Treo.

3) I haven't tried this with .Mac syncing yet. Some people say .Mac may have been the real issue all along.

4) I'm a mostly happy, in-sync Treo owner once again.

Best of luck to you all...

Cheers,

Jim.
    I've had a few problems after upgrading to Panther - HotSync being one of them. The problem was in doing an "Archive and Install" instead of a simple "Upgrade" - some of the libraries did not copy over to Panther.

The solution is to go into /Previous Systems/Previous System 1/Library/CFMSupport/ and copy the libraries over to {hard disk}/Library/CFMSupport/

For Hotsync the files are 'Hot Sync Libraries' and 'Palm Conduit Library.cfm'

Michael