1.    #1  
    Can you install .prc file directly from Blazer on T600 ?
    I clicked on .prc link from a web page on T600 and blazer says that this file type is not supported... Do I have to install .prc files using Hotsynch from my PC ?
    I thought I could directly download and install on Treo 600....
    Originally posted by AshCraft
    I clicked on .prc link from a web page on T600 and blazer says that this file type is not supported... Do I have to install .prc files using Hotsynch from my PC ?
    Yes you can. I have done just that!
    Yes you can. I have done just that!
    Ok, but HOW? Seriously that was no help at all.

I to get the unsupported file type when I click on a prc file from Blazer.
  4.    #4  
    For some reason, it won't work on mine. It just gives me a message "The file you have requested is in a format that is not currently supported. ...."

Anyone else ran across this or is there a setting I need to change somewhere ?
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

Ok, but HOW? Seriously that was no help at all.

I to get the unsupported file type when I click on a prc file from Blazer.
    Duh... just select in in Blazer! Here, try this. Select "Software" in your application list. Go to the "Freebies" section and download the HAL9000 application.

Voila!
  6.    #6  
    I was trying to download .prc attachment from yahoo mail. Then I tried to download from Yahoo briefcase. I went on desktop and realized that yahoo actually renames the file and takes the .prc extension out in URL when you view the url. Somehow when you click on desktop, that url maps to the file but not on treo and blazer sees a url with filename with no extension.
    I tried the same file by uploading to a different website and then it worked on blazer.
    With HandzipperLite (which comes with SnapperMail) you can download zip files and install PRCs from them. I beamed Handzipper over from my 270, and then was able to download and install the Snappermail Demo with Blazer.

It was pretty cool.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Originally posted by AshCraft
    I was trying to download .prc attachment from yahoo mail. Then I tried to download from Yahoo briefcase. I went on desktop and realized that yahoo actually renames the file and takes the .prc extension out in URL when you view the url. Somehow when you click on desktop, that url maps to the file but not on treo and blazer sees a url with filename with no extension.
    I tried the same file by uploading to a different website and then it worked on blazer.
    So basically the only time blazer will recognize a PRC file type is by the extension.

That's extremly shortsighted on the part of the Blazer developers. Most sights (palmgear, handango, cnet, etc.) use a common CGI page as the download point. The CGI process sets the correct mime-type at download.

Blazer should be using Mime types as it's method to identify a prc file, not the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    With HandzipperLite (which comes with SnapperMail) you can download zip files and install PRCs from them. I beamed Handzipper over from my 270, and then was able to download and install the Snappermail Demo with Blazer.

It was pretty cool.
    If you think that is cool then try LightNzip www.toysoft.ca/lightnzip.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi
    So basically the only time blazer will recognize a PRC file type is by the extension.

That's extremly shortsighted on the part of the Blazer developers. Most sights (palmgear, handango, cnet, etc.) use a common CGI page as the download point. The CGI process sets the correct mime-type at download.

Blazer should be using Mime types as it's method to identify a prc file, not the extension.
    you can try media manager and assign the extension. media manager will then download the file to the location you assigned on the card. you can get media manager at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by AshCraft
    This works with some .prc files. For the rest, I use WebPro3. I also download .zip files, which load from the browser directly into HandZipper, which unzips and installs the files. I hate having to use my PC for doenloading and unzipping files, but for some that have an .exe in the zip, there's no other choice.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad