1.    #1  
    I have Pocket Tunes 2.0.4 installed but whenever I try to download a MP3 in Blazer 3.0 I get this message:

Unsupported Media Type

The file you have requested is in a format that is not currently supported. You will need to install an application which can read this file type if you would like to load it.

Does this work for anyone?

Does Pocket Tunes not register MP3s (and Ogg Vorbis and WAVs) with Blazer so they can be downloaded?

Anyway to force Blazer to download an arbitrary file type?
    Originally posted by NJ600
    I have Pocket Tunes 2.0.4 installed but whenever I try to download a MP3 in Blazer 3.0 I get this message:

Unsupported Media Type

The file you have requested is in a format that is not currently supported. You will need to install an application which can read this file type if you would like to load it.

Does Pocket Tunes not register MP3s (and Ogg Vorbis and WAVs) with Blazer so they can be downloaded?

Hi --

This is a PocketTunes issue, not a Blazer 3 issue.

When it encounters another type of file, Blazer 3 passes the file to a portion of Palm OS 5 called the "Exchange Manager". This is something in OS 5 that was not in previous Palm OS versions.

Other applications such as PocketTunes must register the file types that should be pased to them when they are installed. This isn't something Blazer can do itself, unfortunately -- it's an API with no dialog box for the user to play with written, apparently.

For example, the sound prefs routines register MIDI file types with Exchange Manager so that when you download a MID file from the web via Blazer, the ringtone manager is launched automatically...

Best suggestion I can make is for someone to email PocketTunes for help with support for this omission on their part...
    Originally posted by NJ600

Unsupported Media Type

And, to note, you don't have the latest version of PTunes (2.0.5). You can go to their site to upgrade (free) and tell them about this issue while you're at it
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help. I sent a message to Pocket Tunes support and I'll also forward them you comments too. I'll post any respose I get. Will upgrade too but it won't fix this.

Any MP3 players do this correctly? Any other program handle MP3s and save them to either the SD Card or Memory? Then I can go to pTunes and play them.

Any chance of simply editing the file where OS5 stores the associations? Or does the app need to handle the request?
    Was there any movement on this issue?

Since PocketTunes can only play files from an SD card, how can we set blazer to download files to SD?

Also, is there a way to allow the Handspring 'Mail' application to save attachments to an SD card?

Thanks,
    Leo