1.    #1  
    The other day I was in my room and couldnt not figure out what this high pitch whining noise was until I finally narrowed it down to the Treo 600 charger that comes with it. If I plug the Treo into it the noise goes away but when it is plugged in and the Treo is not plugged into it then it makes the whining noise. Also when the Treo is fully charged it will make the noise as well. Anyone else having this problem with theirs??
    Originally posted by iceman19
    The other day I was in my room and couldnt not figure out what this high pitch whining noise was until I finally narrowed it down to the Treo 600 charger that comes with it. If I plug the Treo into it the noise goes away but when it is plugged in and the Treo is not plugged into it then it makes the whining noise. Also when the Treo is fully charged it will make the noise as well. Anyone else having this problem with theirs??

yes. I have the same problem... in fact, it made me just notice that my charger is made by motorola...

interesting, surely we're not the only two people that have this problem?

-a
    about the charger making noise about a week ago. Mine is also made by Motorola but doesn't make any noise. Just curious, I received my 600 on 10/17 - Hardware Rev. C. How about you guys?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I definately hear it. It's a pitch that makes me just a little jumpy. I had to unload the revolver in my desk drawer just in case.

It made me realize how many wall-warts I have in my life, and wonder how much I'm paying in electricity for leaving them plugged in.

-RB
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    You may want to call HS. It sounds like the bearings may be going out in the transmotivator. It could be dangerous or possibly messy.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Indeed, the whine is pretty irritating. It whines when plugged into the A/C outlet but stops when I plug in the T600 to either the USB cable or direct to the charger.

Pretty uncool for a $600 phone...thank goodness I have my T300 charger to fall back on. I now use the Motorola whiner at the office.

Thoughts?
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Same problem here. I get a high pitch whine if the charger is plugged into the wall but not into the Treo. Motorola logo on the charger, Rev. B.
  8.    #8  
    Well it must be a common problem with some of the Motorola chargers then because that is the one I have also. I got my phone the 27th. I was thinking of just pickin gup a Treo 300 charger at best buy to try to get rid of the noise. I just can not get to sleep unless I unplug the stupid thing at night. Have the rest of you had success with using the T300 charger?
    I have the 300 charger and it is silent.

I called HS support about this and they say there is nothing wrong with the T600 chargers that make the noise - it is normal for there to be a slight noise.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    I have the 300 charger and it is silent.

I called HS support about this and they say there is nothing wrong with the T600 chargers that make the noise - it is normal for there to be a slight noise.

er... it might be normal for their supplied charger to make that noise...

but is it NORMAL for a charger to make that kind of noise?

not trying to be smart about it, but... i own a lot of things that require power, and none sound as unstable as this...

I've had 3 Treo 600s....all of them whine.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Where's the whine coming from, exactly? I don't hear one on mine, but I want to be sure that I'm not mising it. btw, revision B here.

Oh, and weird thing, my charging cable has a bunch of numbers on it near where it plugs into the usb- along side of the numbers it reads: Rev A. what to make of that? Any connection to the revision letters on the treos????

Originally posted by Jaggrey
    I've had 3 Treo 600s....all of them whine.

whoa..

i have one...

and the way this thing is screaming, i'm already thinking about the cancer risk....
    Well it must be a common problem with some of the Motorola chargers then because that is the one I have also. I got my phone the 27th. I was thinking of just pickin gup a Treo 300 charger at best buy to try to get rid of the noise. I just can not get to sleep unless I unplug the stupid thing at night. Have the rest of you had success with using the T300 charger?
    Mine's a Motorola as well and it's ungodly loud. Part # 14-0028-00 Model # MU12-1052100-A1. It's quiet when the Treo is plugged in, even when charging is complete. Has anyone tried to call HS yet?