Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    NormSoft is happy with posting the links here, so voila:

"I have just posted a new beta version of Pocket Tunes, so please download it from http://www.pocket-tunes.com/beta.html (I've removed the alpha version of pTunes.) The latest skin compiler is still at http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettu...2.0-alpha2.zip"

And here's the feature list. Don't get too excited by the idea of using the hi-res skins - I've tried a few but they don't look too great because they're all made for 320x320.

I'm sure you can appreciate the support for ShoutCast if you're on an unlimited data plan (that is, not me )

Feature: ShoutCast streaming audio support.
    Feature: Treo 600 will now display high-res skins.
    Feature: All new skin support!
    Battery indicator
    Buttons on screen respond to 5-way navigator
    Scan foreward/backward by pressing next/prev tracks on screen
    Transparent background
    Change song position without pausing
    Much less flickering
    Smaller skins due to compression
    Custom font choices
    Skin developers can take advantage of the following new features:
    Unlimited number of controls.
    Automate almost any aspect of Pocket Tunes through the skin (turn off screen, set any preference item, control the audio, bring up any dialog, etc.)
    Include custom fonts in your skin.
    Transparent bitmap and font support.
    8-bit display support.
    Progress bar indicator (e.g. for battery level).
    Vertical slider controls.
    Buttons can now represent the current state of audio playback.
    Buttons can now appear pressed when the hardware keys are pressed.
    Much more!
    Enhancement: Music keeps playing when browsing for a new song.
    Enhancement: Playlists no longer display pathname.
    Enhancement: Playlist editing is much faster.
    Bug fix: Fixed problem where files on expansion card could be ignored if files exist with certain non-English characters.
    Shoutcast? Wohoo!!!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I've tried downloading several different types of playlists to my SD card but see no way to open or use these lists in pTunes? How does one go about using/testing the shoutcast stuff?
    How to get access to Shoutcast with this version on the Treo?
    You need the deluxe version, but Shoutcast works great.

Go to open file and select Shoutcast from the upper right drop down list.

I tried this stream: http://www.woxy.com/stream/24k.pls and played it for 5 minutes without it breaking up.

Now the question is -- how much will Sprint charge us for "unlimited" use of shoutcast streams???
    Thanks... I just upgraded to deluxe... didn't see that there.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Works pretty good with 24kbs files and lower. But I've had it not let go of the connection a time or two. After switching to browser or email I could not connect until I soft reset. Pretty cool though.
    It is pretty fun stuff! I am trying to get something setup with my own shoutcast server and controls so I can leave all my MP3's at home and still play what I want. Is there a windows player or winamp plugin that allows even lower than the 24bit encoding that the basic Winamp DSP plugin supports? Or even a way to stream ogg files through shoutcast. Gonna have to do some more searching I guess on the shoutcast forums.
    ...to the beta version. Now that I've upgraded, am I in a trial period and have to pay after 15 days? PocketTunes came free with my Treo registration. Or, is it just that you have to pay if you want deluxe.

please clarify. I don't want to have to pay for it if I have already gotten it for free.

thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked in "About Pockettunes" and it says I'm registered still and have free upgrades up to all 2.x version
    Is there any way to prohibit the sound to come out of the speaker when headphones are not plugged in (like normal mp3 players)? I don't want the sound to start blaring from the speakers if the headphone jack accidentally comes out.

thanks..
    This Rocks.
    While streaming a 24kbs channel,
    I was able to simultaniously browse the web in blazer and check my mail with Snapper.

On Downside.
    I the Beta, after you stop playing music the data connection remains active.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by petesamprs
    Is there any way to prohibit the sound to come out of the speaker when headphones are not plugged in (like normal mp3 players)? I don't want the sound to start blaring from the speakers if the headphone jack accidentally comes out.

thanks..
    When you switch the sound off using the button on top of the Treo, the sound will still come out of the headphone. I haven't tried if a ringtone for an incoming call will be played over the headphone.
    completely didn't think of that...
    thanks!

by the way, incoming calls when you have the sound button switched to no sound will not ring in the headphones (only vibrates the phone).
    Any idea on how to GET pocket tunes? I registered and it said I'd be notified for how to download pocket tunes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    Vic
    they email you the link for the free download. i got my email in 30 seconds after registering.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    They e-mail you the registration code. Just download the most recent trial (or the beta) and enter the reg code.
    OK so I installed my first ptunes via the Treo registration offer. Then I found out about the beta version 2.1b3 and, since I'm an avid Shoutcast user, I jumped on it. 2.1b3 installed fine except that I couldn't figure out how to launch a .pls stream. One of previous messages suggested that you have to have the deluxe version so I went back to pocket_tunes to buy the deluxe version (never mind that my "about ptunes" message says that I have rights to all versions of 2.x). I authorized $9.95 on my credit card and got the message that I should receive a registration code within 2-3 DAYS. So next I went to the manual to see how I'm going to put this registration number in when it comes and it says that I'd be prompted for it when ptunes starts - but the ptunes I have installed (2.1b3) doesn't prompt me with a registration reminder. So should I go back to 2.05, enter my registration number (either the existing one or the one that's going to come in a few days), then install the beta on top of that?

jeez.
    Originally posted by guycassie
    OK so I installed my first ptunes via the Treo registration offer. Then I found out about the beta version 2.1b3 and, since I'm an avid Shoutcast user, I jumped on it. 2.1b3 installed fine except that I couldn't figure out how to launch a .pls stream. One of previous messages suggested that you have to have the deluxe version so I went back to pocket_tunes to buy the deluxe version (never mind that my "about ptunes" message says that I have rights to all versions of 2.x). I authorized $9.95 on my credit card and got the message that I should receive a registration code within 2-3 DAYS. So next I went to the manual to see how I'm going to put this registration number in when it comes and it says that I'd be prompted for it when ptunes starts - but the ptunes I have installed (2.1b3) doesn't prompt me with a registration reminder. So should I go back to 2.05, enter my registration number (either the existing one or the one that's going to come in a few days), then install the beta on top of that?

jeez.
    I deleted my old version of pocket tunes and installed the beta instead. Works just fine.
    You said: "I deleted my old version of pocket tunes and installed the beta instead. Works just fine."

But correct me if I'm wrong: you have a "deluxe registration key" that enables the selection of shoutcast streams. Until my new registration key comes in I won't have access to streaming content ...

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I made the mistake of registering the Pocket Tunes beta when it first prompted me. (Registered with standard/basic serial that came wth Handspring's email, not deluxe). Don't do this or you won't have access to the Shoutcast functionality! If you did this and then delete and reinstall you should be ok - I finally got it going after hearing about some other users experiences here.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast