1.    #1  
    anyone using backupbuddy with their treo600? its not officially compatible, upgrade is coming. does it work well enough now?

whew!! my first post
    I use Botzam Backup for its Encryption and Compression Options and it works fine on my 600.
    Hi and since you are new \here, welcome to the board, it can be crazy ince and a while but you get great info, far better than ANYWHERE ELSE!

In answer to your question, the aswer is no. Backupbuddy told me out right that it does not work on palm 5. They will have a new one out soon, so they claim, but I am surprised that it has taken them so long.! I used it on my 300, but right now if you want backupbuddy for the t600 you will have to wait, like the rest off us or try another brand! take care, jay
    I'm using CardBkup. Works fine with partial restores. I got a couple of error messages with a full restore (after a hard reset) but I hit the 'continue' button and the restored device worked perfectly.
    I use Backupbuddy on my Treo 600. It does not backup main ROM - it does backup everything else though - main memory and what's on the SD card. I have it set up to backup the palm just prior to turning it. It will not start backing up if keyguard is on - when it is time to run and you think it should be, tap the key guard thing and it'll be sitting there indicating when it will/or should have gone off - and when the keyguard is turned off, it begins the backup process.

As for stability - has not crashed at all. During my play time with it, I restored the handheld three times and was very pleased with it. The restores were due to my moving things from main memory to the SD card (512mb) and various combinations.

The program means that I no longer have to worry about loosing everything out in the field. I can restore to the last backup, normally the night before. It also has an option to backup when the device is turned off.

I have about 16mb free on the device. Backup is very good. Using the card and the card reader, I was able to copy the goods to the desk top and compare the card to the desktop backup files. Anyway, an excellent program that works well on the Treo 600.

Ben
    -==========

Originally posted by darrylb
    anyone using backupbuddy with their treo600? its not officially compatible, upgrade is coming. does it work well enough now?

whew!! my first post