Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi guys-

anyone know of a way to see the length of the phone calls after they are made? i know it displays it right after you hang up and while you're on the phone it displays the duration of the call, but i'm surprised it doesn't show it anywhere in the call log details. kind of annoying because sometimes i dont know how long i talked and that final duration only shows for like 1 second...

anyone know how to see this? like a ## code or something?

thanks!
    I've seen this topic come up before with the Treo 300. (It's not an issue on the 270 using T-Mobile).

I believe Sprint intentionally configures some of their phones to not store this information. I think the Treo 300 fell into this category. After all, it's in Sprint's best interest that you not monitor how long your calls are. That way, you could potentially go over your plan's minutes and be charged more.

I don't recall if a solution was ever found.

UPDATE: Here are a few links to threads on this topic:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...+duration.html
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 10/27/2003 at 07:51 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Try this:

http://www.hexlet.com/Products/dialstat.html

It have not been tested with Treo600 yet. Please let us know if it works.
    Treo keeps detailed call information. You can extract it to your PC using this program - http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm. Don't know if there's a similar program that lets you access it from the phone.
    John Seay
    I am using Agendus and can view the call duration for each contact by viewing their history. The data is there, so other programs will be able to do that as well.. pity the built in contacts doesnt do it :-(
    Belay my last comments
    In the dialler press Menu> views> call log (Or Menu Y)
    Pick the phone call and choose 'details'. All done for ya!
    Originally posted by derosnec
    Belay my last comments
    In the dialler press Menu> views> call log (Or Menu Y)
    Pick the phone call and choose 'details'. All done for ya!
    A short cut to the call log is to run the phone application, and press the centre button. A list is displayed showing last calls and various options. One of the options is call log.
    Indeed it does. Gotta love the treo!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    More evidence that this is how Sprint thinks: I have two Treo 600s on Sprint with the unlimited PCS to PCS calling option. On the 'My SprintPCS Current Usage' web page, all the PCS to PCS minutes from the secondary phone show up as eating into my 700 plan minutes. The first phone's usage shows up correctly. I thought this was a billing issue, so I called Sprint. But according to the CSR, that's the way the system is designed! It's ok, though, because it will show up correctly the day before the billing cycle ends... that's seriously what I was told. Apparantly this is just the way it works each month. I asked if this was going to be fixed and I could not get a straight answer. Great for planning how many more calls you can make before you start getting charged...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    On my Treo, under the Call Log Details, I have the Name, Number, Date, Time, Roaming Yes/No, Incoming/Outgoing/Missed. But no Call Length... Hmm... Sprint?
    Originally posted by dpuza
    On my Treo, under the Call Log Details, I have the Name, Number, Date, Time, Roaming Yes/No, Incoming/Outgoing/Missed. But no Call Length... Hmm... Sprint?
    This is tooo funny. WHen I first got the t600 (3 weeks ago), I checked this function and the legnth was there. When I checked this morning - No legnth. what gives?
    The built in call log is decent, but doesn't indicate the duration of the call. This info has to be there somewhere!
    I think the call length used to be there as well. Sprint must want you to pay the charge to call up and check your usage.
    I've had a rev. a from 10/7 and a Rev C from 10/27, call length was never displayed on my call log. I use Comet to save call logs to PC.
    For all you newbies to Sprint and/or the Treo, I regret to inform you that the call log has NEVER displayed call duration. This has been an issue since the T300 came out. Unfortunately, the Sprint version of the T600 has not added this feature. You will need to use a third party program to display this information.
    OMG, for all of the paranoid freaks who think the evil corporation Sprint is out to get you, did you ever think that maybe they don't want a log on the phone because people would be calling all day saying the log on the phone is different from Sprints log? And also you can check your minutes right from blazer, you don't have to call sprint to get your minute usage.
    For all you newbies to Sprint and/or the Treo, I regret to inform you that the call log has NEVER displayed call duration.
    Just to clarify, the Orange version of the treo does dsiplay call duration.
    Originally posted by slffl
    OMG, for all of the paranoid freaks who think the evil corporation Sprint is out to get you, did you ever think that maybe they don't want a log on the phone because people would be calling all day saying the log on the phone is different from Sprints log? And also you can check your minutes right from blazer, you don't have to call sprint to get your minute usage.
    Other carriers don't seem to have a problem with allowing the call duration to be displayed. My T-Mobile Treo 270 displays the call duration in the log and I've never had a problem with the log not matching up with what T-Mobile has said I used.

The fact is Sprint doesn't want their users to track the time and purposefully insisted that Handspring not include that feature in the call log of the Sprint version. It had nothing to do with heading off phone calls.

Whether I or anyone else thinks Sprint is "evil" (or not) for doing this isn't the issue. The practice of hiding this piece of valuable information from the user is a business decision that was designed to favor Sprint's bottom line: the extra money they'd get when people unknowingly go over their included minutes.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Originally posted by treotim
    For all you newbies to Sprint and/or the Treo, I regret to inform you that the call log has NEVER displayed call duration. This has been an issue since the T300 came out. Unfortunately, the Sprint version of the T600 has not added this feature. You will need to use a third party program to display this information.
    WRONG. The duration WAS there 3 weeks ago on the T600. It was never there on my T300, but it was one of the first things I checked when I got the T600.
    Originally posted by tmc19108

WRONG. The duration WAS there 3 weeks ago on the T600. It was never there on my T300, but it was one of the first things I checked when I got the T600.
    I'm not sure where you saw it, but I've had two T600's since the launch and neither have had the duration of calls displayed in the call log. Maybe this is another Sprint conspiracy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast