Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I remember seeing in another thread that someone who had one of the original Touchpoints noticed the same thing, call time but not duration. He contacted the mfgr and they told him it was part of their contract with Sprint to remove that function. If it's not part of a Sprint ploy to keep it us from seeing our minutes, I don't know what it would be. Especially since it was like this on the 300 but not 270 and it's like this on the Sprint 600 and not Orange. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the GSM 600 will show call duration.

I've been using TakePhone from www.shsh.com since I got my 300 and got the 600 version. Among many other features, it shows actual call duration.
    I just bought Natara's Comet program. I recommend this program highly. It downloads all your call logs from the Treo 600 and you can filter and sort on many different areas. Call duration isn't a big deal for me, but since my Treo 600 is the 2nd phone on my plan, the Sprint PCS-to-PCS minutes are not updated correctly on Sprint's website anymore. It's now impossible to tell exactly how many anytime minutes that I have used because Sprint lumps the PCS-to-PCS minutes on the 2nd phone into the anytime minutes so you don't know until the end of month exactly what the breakdown was. That's where this program rocks big time! Not only can I see call durations(only on my PC though), but I can sort the minutes into anytime, off-peak, PCS-to-PCS(by using the common Sprint PCS prefixs), incoming, outgoing plus they have a Duration where the mins are rounded up and a regular Duration so you can see how many minutes you really used versus what Sprint will say that you used since they round up to the minute. You can export into txt, xls, html and a couple other formats. I'm already thinking that this would be very beneficial to me since I need to account for both my business use minutes and my personal use minutes for tax purposes. The program syncs your call log each time you do a HotSync. For $9.95, this is a winner. For those interested, you can do a 30 day trial and it's available at http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm. No, I don't work for the company, just a guy that found what seems like a really useful program.
    Mac OS X version "freeware" donate, I did it's worth it:

http://members.cox.net/flixtonsoftware/TreoCallLog/
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Annoying. My old Sprint 6035 displayed the duration...
    natara's comet is so cool! and it's only 9.95, although I'm in day 1 of my 30 day trial, I'm r]pretty sure I'm gonna purchase it!
    Don't forget about Cell Plan Tracker. It runs fine on the Treo 600 (although the data tracking is not functional). It doesn't require any desktop conduit. It does NOT require Hackmaster as the webpage states (that is for tracking data, which it doesn't do anyways)

Cell Plan Tracker
    There is a utility written by a board member that does what you are wanting or what I have done:

purchase Natara Comet and get the information after you hot synch OR get TakePhone - the details screen in that application shows the length of call. I have used Natara Comet with my Treo 300 since it came out for the Treo 300 and have been messing with TakePhone for two days. I believe I will be purchasing TakePhone for its screen interfacing and Natara Comet to archive the calls I make.

Ben

------------------------

Originally posted by wahooka
    hi guys-

anyone know of a way to see the length of the phone calls after they are made? i know it displays it right after you hang up and while you're on the phone it displays the duration of the call, but i'm surprised it doesn't show it anywhere in the call log details. kind of annoying because sometimes i dont know how long i talked and that final duration only shows for like 1 second...

anyone know how to see this? like a ## code or something?

thanks!
    The duration is displayed in the initial call screen, however it is cleared REAL fast when the screen transfers off. As for Natara Comet - I had an installation problem with it at one time due to a messed up conduit. I have had no other problems and use it every work day to verify my calls and duration.

Ben
    -----------

Originally posted by jsabo
    Annoying. My old Sprint 6035 displayed the duration...
    Would it be possible to extract the call logging part of application from GSM Treo 600 and update CDMA Treo?

Is this data really missing from Treo db and the code has been changed so that it is not saved or did PalmOne use a simpler approach and per Sprint's request changed the Call History application prevention it from displaying one of the fields? If the data is there then we only need to replace the Call history app.
  10. purpleZ
    Originally posted by Vigor
    Would it be possible to extract the call logging part of application from GSM Treo 600 and update CDMA Treo?

Is this data really missing from Treo db and the code has been changed so that it is not saved or did PalmOne use a simpler approach and per Sprint's request changed the Call History application prevention it from displaying one of the fields? If the data is there then we only need to replace the Call history app.
    Someone posted recntly that the data is still intact, it just isn't displayed on the Sprint phone. The fact that Comet would work and display complete records on the desktop proves this.

You are not allowed to take software from phones you're not licensed to use and add them to your own device. If you want call logging functionality, you have several other options as suggested by the posters above.
    Not allowed to take software from phone I am not licensed to use? I am sorry I don't buy that. Doesn't every Treo 600 sold in US has the same base price of $600 be it Cingular or Sprint. Do you think it costs PalmOne more to include this feature with GSM phones?
    The only reason Sprint Treo 600 owners are missing this basic functionality is because deceptive Sprint requested it to be removed. I bought a palm computer with integrated phone. I don't appreciate Sprint stealing my basic phone features(Mail, call history duration) or taking hostage my equipment (locked Networking settings).

How would you like it if you bought a microsoft PC with built-in modem and Microsoft required you to pay them to enable its usage? I can tell you right now, OS would get replaced with Linux immediately.

So if PalmOne has created software to view info about my calls on my computer. My carrier decided to hide it from me, I don't see why we shouldn't unlock that functionality.

This is NOT about stealing software that would otherwise be sold for profit by PalmOne. This is about Sprint not wanting us to know. I bet if Sprint could, they would love to have other applications reporting call duration fail.
  12. purpleZ
    Originally posted by Vigor
    Not allowed to take software from phone I am not licensed to use? I am sorry I don't buy that. Doesn't every Treo 600 sold in US has the same base price of $600 be it Cingular or Sprint. Do you think it costs PalmOne more to include this feature with GSM phones?
    The only reason Sprint Treo 600 owners are missing this basic functionality is because deceptive Sprint requested it to be removed. I bought a palm computer with integrated phone. I don't appreciate Sprint stealing my basic phone features(Mail, call history duration) or taking hostage my equipment (locked Networking settings).

How would you like it if you bought a microsoft PC with built-in modem and Microsoft required you to pay them to enable its usage? I can tell you right now, OS would get replaced with Linux immediately.

So if PalmOne has created software to view info about my calls on my computer. My carrier decided to hide it from me, I don't see why we shouldn't unlock that functionality.

This is NOT about stealing software that would otherwise be sold for profit by PalmOne. This is about Sprint not wanting us to know. I bet if Sprint could, they would love to have other applications reporting call duration fail.

While I completely agree that it's unacceptable for Sprint to block acess to a feature as important to users as the monitoring of minute usage, it doesn't justify taking software you aren't licenced to use. You have other options to regain the functionality Sprint removed, so you should use them. Unfortunately, until a creative (angry) Sprint Treo 600 owner codes a feeware app, you'll have to pay for the ability to monitor you calls. The same goes for the email application "missing" from the Sprint Treos.

The more I read here at Treocentral, the more I'm glad I held off on signing up with Sprint.
    I just ran across a program called TAKEphONE. Among many tricks, it gives a view of call history with call duration on the details screen. The beta that supports treo is at http://www.shsh.com/beta/. Yes, I'm using Sprint.
    John Seay
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I have sent an e-mail to PDAApps requesting that the develop and release Treo600CallLog. This would be a simple app that would modify the details screen of the call log to include duration. They seemed interested, but who knows
    Originally posted by KKenna
    I have sent an e-mail to PDAApps requesting that the develop and release Treo600CallLog. This would be a simple app that would modify the details screen of the call log to include duration. They seemed interested, but who knows
    That would be great, but the funny thing is that PalmOne has already done this job and uncrippled version of details screen is on all non-sprint phones. If someone could extract it...
    Originally posted by tmc19108

WRONG. The duration WAS there 3 weeks ago on the T600. It was never there on my T300, but it was one of the first things I checked when I got the T600.
    I have to agree here. I looked at this exact thread when it first started, and there was the mention of the call history function. It was always there when I was with tmobile with my treo180, so I had to look, and I'm sure that I saw the duration info there. This was about a month ago, and it ain't there now...
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Hey guys!!! Just to update, checkout the carier logo thread!!! While hacking carrier logo, jglev and etc figured out how to display call durations on the Sprint Treo600!!! WAHOO!!! A link to the prc in attached to the above thread!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I believe I was the one to notice that cingular Phone_CNGW when renamed to Phone_SPCS fixes call duration display
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12