1.    #1  
    Anyone else get one of these? Either my Treo is broken or the little adapter has a short. All I get is crackle noise or 1 speaker at best.
    Two words: gum, tinfoil
    It seems to really depend on the thing you're plugging up. Why, I don't know.

One car cassette adapter works fine, another gets only right-channel audio.

One set of computer speakers works fine, another works only if the plug is only about a third inserted, and then I get only one audio channel.

Dunno if it's a hardware issue or a sotware issue, but it's annoying.
  4.    #4  
    The Stereo adapter works fine with unpowered headphones, but not at all with 2 different sets of known good powered speakers.

Any body got any suggestions or comments?
    Originally posted by cersos
    The Stereo adapter works fine with unpowered headphones, but not at all with 2 different sets of known good powered speakers.

Any body got any suggestions or comments?
    Yes. Don't use the powered headphones.

I have AIWA powered headphones and they work great.

L
  6.    #6  
    Hrmmm, you say don't use powered headphones (or speakers I assume), but then go on to say you are using AWIA powered headphones and they are working great.

I am confused...
    Originally posted by cersos
    Hrmmm, you say don't use powered headphones (or speakers I assume), but then go on to say you are using AWIA powered headphones and they are working great.

I am confused...
    Notice the emoticon (smiley) - he was being facetious.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Has anyone tried Bose Quiet Comfort 2?
    Went to RS to pick up an adapter today, part #274-373 - "Stereo to Stereo audio adapter" ; "accepts 1/8" phone plug and fits 3/32 phone jack. However, it doesn't work the end of the plug seems to have trouble fitting snugly into the crevice. Just an FYI so you guys don't waste a trip
    .All you have to do is trim the plastic on the male end and it works fine on the Treo. I prefer the Handspring version. Because it has the 90 degree bend , it puts less stress on the Treo female receptical.
    Yeah, the -373 adapter works fine from RS. You just have to take an exacto or utility knife and trim off the plastic. I even trimmed a lot off the side so I could use the sync/charge cable from www.Boxwave.com at the same time.