Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VPC is a definite no go! I can't even sync in VPC. Sigh... I don't know what to do now.. Just make the audiobooks into mp3's? That would take ages! Is there a quick way to simply export the audiobook from iTunes to mp3 format? Or do I have to use a program like audio hijack?

Mike
    I can confirm that it works via Virtual PC. You also need to install Palm Desktop in the virtual Windows.

On the Mac side, turn off the HotSync Manager. Then open up the Audible player on the handheld. When you do this, it should show up under Apple System Profiler in the USB section.

Fire up Virtual PC, make the handheld available in the USB preferences, and boot your virtual machine (I'm using Windows XP). Windows will notice that you've got a Palm and will start the Add New Hardware wizard and offer to install the files for you. Go through that.

Download AudibleManager from the Audible web site. Choose "Treo 600" and it'll download another 4MB of update files (give or take). It'll then ask to activate your handheld. Make sure the Audible player is still running on the handheld (if it hasn't, go back to the launcher and restart the program). Then activate. You can then transfer your files.

[Edited: You do need to install Palm Desktop.]
    Last edited by calroth; 01/09/2004 at 05:20 AM.
    Just to say I down loaded the audible software on to the treo and it works fine.
    On the audible info it says Treo is usable for level 2 sound but mine downloaded 3 with no problem and sounds great.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I really don't know if I can "listen" to a book, always seem to get distracted. Would it be possible for someone to send me 1 small book that I can try before I buy?

Email me at darjay@earthlink.net
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by darjay
    I really don't know if I can "listen" to a book, always seem to get distracted. Would it be possible for someone to send me 1 small book that I can try before I buy?

Thanks
    Audible has a special trial offer for new customers. Your first 2 books free and you can cancel your membership at any time. Check out www.audible.com/treo04 .

I am doing this now and got the Divinci Code and I'm lovin audible.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I got Audible when I first got my T600 and realize I really don't use it as much as I thought I might. I attempted to call and cancel as instructed on their web page but the phone is ALWAYS busy. Right now I'm in-que for an online rep. to no avail. Anyone know how to get ahold of these folks??????
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Cant you just cancel online with the "my account" option? I did it that way but I'm not sure if I should still call in.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Originally posted by darjay

Thanks
    I thought I would be too distracted too but this is GREAT! I've been using audible for about a week and I will definitely sign up for more. I used to be an avid reader but just don't seem to have the time anymore. This is a fantastic replacement.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12