Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    OK I've been anxiously awaiting my T600 and it finally came today. First impression was great, however upon closer inspection I find the screen has what appears to be one dead pixel in the lower, mid part of the screen. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I return the unit :-( and request a replacement. How long would I have to wait? Don't want to activate it until I know what I'm doing. I'm so sad!!!

Am I just making a mountain out of a molehill and since it's just one (looks like a tiny spec of dirt) should I just overlook it and enjoy all the other features. Not sure what to do?
    No deceased pixels here. Tis you call, but can you live with that little nagging imperfection that every single person will pick on :-)
    Bah, I would just return it. I mean, it will SUCK to have to wait again, buuut, it will feel so good to get one that is PERFECT. It will last forever too. (maybe) And you will never regret waiting after you get it.
    When you pay that kind of money for something - it shouldn't have any issues when you take it out of the box. That dead pixel will continue to annoy you as long as you own the unit.
    what does a dead pixel look like?
    I returned my Rev. A from sprint which was perfect except for one tiny dead pixel. I got a Rev. C from Handspring which doesn't have a dead pixel but the power button rattles.

I would keep it if everything else is ok...
    nevermind-if i read your post thoroughly the first time, i would have seen that it said a speck of dirt. sorry. can you only see it when the treo is on, or off as well?
    nevermind-if i read your post thoroughly the first time, i would have seen that it said a speck of dirt. sorry.
    My 270 has about 50 dead pixels that started as only 1 pixel. I didn't do anything to it. I think it got to hot from using it a lot one day and started to melt the screen (like another poster said here).

Over 24 hours the pixel melt (or whatever it is) grew dramtically. It eventuall stoped after a week and I have a yellow blob of dead pixels in my screen the size of 3 thumb prints.

I would definatly have it traded out. Doesn't HS offer a swap replacement? Meaning they will send you a new one, and you send the old one back. This way you can enjoy it for now, and replace it when the new one comes. With hotsync you dont loose anything. Anyway, just a thought and good luck.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    My 270 has about 50 dead pixels that started as only 1 pixel. I didn't do anything to it. I think it got to hot from using it a lot one day and started to melt the screen (like another poster said here).

Over 24 hours the pixel melt (or whatever it is) grew dramtically. It eventuall stoped after a week and I have a yellow blob of dead pixels in my screen the size of 3 thumb prints.

I would definatly have it traded out. Doesn't HS offer a swap replacement? Meaning they will send you a new one, and you send the old one back. This way you can enjoy it for now, and replace it when the new one comes. With hotsync you dont loose anything. Anyway, just a thought and good luck.
    I had a similar thing with my 270. Happened just after I used an alcohol -based screen wipe on it (won't do that again!). Gave a gradually increasing in size yellow blob. Handspring said they hadn't heard of that happening before and changed it for me...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ido
    nevermind-if i read your post thoroughly the first time, i would have seen that it said a speck of dirt. sorry. can you only see it when the treo is on, or off as well?
    It's about the size of a tiny spec of dirt. It can't be wiped off - it's definately in the screen. It only shows up when the unit is on.
    I got a dead pixel on mine... only problem: I got my unit off ebay...

It' not a horrible defect, but noticible and annoying....

Am I screwed? Should I just deal w/ my dead pixel?
    BillyG, the dead pixel will grow and will cause you unable to see what's behind the dead pixel area. Return it if you can.
    i have developed the same exact thing - no physical damage to my unit Mine is orange looking and now looks like a Gorbachov birthmark 1/4in L x 1/8 W- I won my unit from work - so hopefully I will be able to go through palm for an exchange - but on the chance im SOL, how do I get the screen replace - and how much would it cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowridr
    i have developed the same exact thing - no physical damage to my unit Mine is orange looking and now looks like a Gorbachov birthmark 1/4in L x 1/8 W- I won my unit from work - so hopefully I will be able to go through palm for an exchange - but on the chance im SOL, how do I get the screen replace - and how much would it cost?
    if the unit is stil under 1 yr warranty, you will be able to call up PalmOne or your wireless carrier to do an exchange. i got the first replacement unit from P1 bc of the orange dots thing.
    i sure hope so... i remember seeing it would cost about 50 bucks to get a color lcd screen replaced for a nokia 7210 - i could only imagine the cost w. the treo