1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I took the bait and traded my 300's SN for a new 600. I'm on the 2-3 week wait list (argh) now. Anyway, I've never even *thought* about owning an SD memory card before now, so here's my question:

If i want to transfer data between my SD card and my computer, can I do this via the hotsync cable? Does it happen automatically (assuming some preference in hotsync manager is set appropriately)?

Or do need to buy an SD card reader for my PC to do this? If so, are there any you guys recommend? Good PC AND Mac compatibility is a plus.

thanks
    I recommend using a reader vs. hot sync. Hot sync is too slow for me. I bought the Lexar 6 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader from compusa and it's worked just fine so far. I also bought the sandisk 256mb SD card from Costco for $65 and have had no problems with it as well.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, the message I get is that yes, you can transfer SD data via hotsync, but it's painfully slow (that would have occured to me, if i'd considered how long a full backup of my 300 takes).

right?

thanks. I'll look into an SD reader along with a new SD card.
    Originally posted by silly monkey
    Ok, the message I get is that yes, you can transfer SD data via hotsync, but it's painfully slow (that would have occured to me, if i'd considered how long a full backup of my 300 takes).

right?

thanks. I'll look into an SD reader along with a new SD card.
    Right. Especially for large files like mp3's.