1.    #1  
    Can you have the phone on and vision off, or the phone off and vision on? If so, how?
    You have to turn Wireless mode ON to receive phone calls and PCS Vision.

However, you can receive phone calls and not be hooked up to PCS vision. Just turn wireless mode to ON and do NOT enter web. If prompted to access PCS Vision, click NO. That way, you will be able to take phone calls, but the PCS vision portion will be closed.

If you just want to use the palm apps w/o any phone calls or pcs vision, turn Wireless Mode to OFF.

BTW, all of this is in your manual

Dizzy
  3.    #3  
    The manual, Dizzy? Where's the fun in that? It's so much more fun to learn little ins and outs and chat with other technogeeks.
    BTW, regarding your instructions to me, I have a "let's take it one step further" question, if you don't mind.
    Let's say I have the phone on, and just finished checking my email. How do I now leave the phone on and turn the vision off?

Thanks.
    The best way that I've figured out is to turn wireless mode OFF...then turn it back ON. That's the only way that I've figured out how to log out of pcs vision.

Dizzy
    Let's say I have the phone on, and just finished checking my email. How do I now leave the phone on and turn the vision off?

Thanks.
    According to the manual if you just return to the phone app, or the main app menu etc. you will be able to receive calls. As longa as there is not a green bar above the signal strength indicator you are not actively passing data and can get a call
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Originally posted by ido

Thanks.
    Instead of turning wireless mode on and off. To ensure you log off of vision
    Applications > Prefs > Network > Disconnect
  7.    #7  
    Thanks!
    That answered my questions, but raised another! (Created a monster, huh?)
    Does vision idle off after a certain amount of time not being used?