1.    #1  
    This forum is extremely slow from time to time.

It's like the server is churning away hard at something periodically and while it does, responses are choked.

In between these events, it's fine.

Is it just me?
    Refresh.......post...reply........refresh...post ....reply.....needless replys.......refresh....post..reply....

Get it???

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Dont' forget all the people that reply to their own posts with "bump" not realizing it's already on the top of everyone's page who hasn't read teh threat yet.

Larry
    BUMP!!! LOL
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    Dont' forget all the people that reply to their own posts with "bump" not realizing it's already on the top of everyone's page who hasn't read teh threat yet.

Larry
    i believe you are incorrect sir. if one makes a post, and no one replies to it, it sinks towards the bottom of the pile. as soon as someone replies (not just reads) to it, it jumps back up to the top of the pile. so it doesn't just stay at the top of the list until you read it.
    correct?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    yes
  7.    #7  
    Mr. Melamed is frequently wrong.
    i believe you are incorrect sir. if one makes a post, and no one replies to it, it sinks towards the bottom of the pile. as soon as someone replies (not just reads) to it, it jumps back up to the top of the pile. so it doesn't just stay at the top of the list until you read it.
    correct?
    Sort of incorrect. If you're a board member and log in, the newer posts appear first with the unread symbol.

What's annoying about the BUMP is you read a post, then see it's been updated, then go see what the update is and find out all someone did was type BUMP. It will get "bumped" to your unread ones athe top of your list when a "real" reply is posted.

Larry
    I'm a newbie so could some one please tell me what "bump" means. I guess I could rack my brains and figure it out but then I wouldn't have any energy to obsess over my Treo delivery.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    a 'bump' around here is when somebody posts to a thread, usually their own, with no other purpose but to get it back to the top of the listings so they hope more folks will read it.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    I'm a newbie so could some one please tell me what "bump" means. I guess I could rack my brains and figure it out but then I wouldn't have any energy to obsess over my Treo delivery.
    "Bring Up My Post"

I'm not just kidding ... its just a message saying you want this thread "bumped" to the top of the list.

If you ever get confused about any acronym ... check out this site and all your questions (I hope) will be answered.

Someone from T|C pointed me here one time and it has been helpful. Hope it helps you ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lmelamed

Sort of incorrect. If you're a board member and log in, the newer posts appear first with the unread symbol.

What's annoying about the BUMP is you read a post, then see it's been updated, then go see what the update is and find out all someone did was type BUMP. It will get "bumped" to your unread ones athe top of your list when a "real" reply is posted.

Larry
    So, isn't that exactly what i said?! Except for the fact that it's not the Newer posts at the top, it's the posts that have been recently updated, which is what i said previously. indeed, if someone responds with a bump, it will snap back up to the top. However, if no one else responds to it, it will fall back down in the list. You make it sound as if it stays at the top of the list until YOU read it, and that is not the case. Just to clarify.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Thanks for the 411. Wasn't sure if the dance was coming back or not.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    BUMP!!!!

(last one...just could not help myself)

IGO
    thanks I thought I was the only one who did not know what was meant by bump, well good thing I never did that! LOL, (I didn't), take care, jay