1.    #1  
    As time draws short on the upgrade program from Handspring, I am concerned that I cannot find a 600 nearby to lay hands on and play with before making the jump.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has made the upgrade and can compare the two from a usability standpoint, not a feature standpoint. How well does the 600 replace the 300? Are you happy? Wildly so?

Thanks,

- Joe
    This has been discussed heavily here ...

It depends on the person, but generally, the T600 is just nicer and more versatile. MOST (not all) people find it more attractive and more comfortable to hold. It has a slightly nicer screen, is noticeably faster, gets noticeably better cell reception, can double as an mp3 player with an added SD card (can also potentially be used as a GPS with the right SDIO card).

Is it worth the upgrade? Only you can decide. Most people here are early adopter types, who bought the phone largely for the wow factor. If you are happy with the T300, don't feel like splurging, and are looking strictly for tangible benefits, I am not sure whether the T600 is worth the price yet. But, it's definitely a nicer overall device.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings.

I've just moved up to the Treo 600 this weekend (received it Friday, October 24th).

I did a clean install meaning I backed up my entire folder from the T300 and just reinstalled the address books, phone logs and programs.

From a usability standpoint it takes about 5 minutes to get used to the new design however, you will feel the difference at once (in a good way.)

This is a great phone and one I recommend.

Cheers.
    Jump and don't look back.

I'm an original 300 owner and I've found the 600 more useable. Apps seem more integrated and the 5-way button for navigation is excellent. The brighter screen and better battery life were sorely needed for me.

Order and enjoy!
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    As time draws short on the upgrade program from Handspring, I am concerned that I cannot find a 600 nearby to lay hands on and play with before making the jump.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has made the upgrade and can compare the two from a usability standpoint, not a feature standpoint. How well does the 600 replace the 300? Are you happy? Wildly so?

Thanks,

- Joe
    Hi JoeTampa,
    I live in Brooksville, just north of Tampa. I used and loved my Treo 300 for over a year, but my new Treo 600 is the cat's meow!
    Not only is it smaller, with more features, but I get better reception since it is a dual band phone. (The Treo 300 was a single band) The camera is adequate for what it was designed for, but my favorite upgrades are the better screen, faster processor and OS, and the new Blazer 3 rocks! I am a Realtor and I can now access the Multiple Listing System and Public Records databases in the field. I could never do that with the 300. Not to mention the "wow factor" when I reach for my Treo 600 in front of a client. Between the camera, Blazer 3, financial and database software that I have loaded my Treo 600 with, my Treo is truly a PDA... Pocket Digital ASSISTANT. It is the ultimate Real Estate device. I've had it for just under two weeks and I already don't know how I'd live without it. And an extra bonus... I am using it as a tax write-off for my business!

Is that wildly happy enough???

Tina
    I too wondered if going to a T600 was really worth it. I only had my 300 for 2 months. I am SOOO glad I got the 600! Just to not have it crash several times a day was worth it. OS5 is so much better. The screen is so much bright. Overall it is so much faster. Browsing finally works like it should. My reception is also much better. Al this and I still got $175 for my 300 on ebay! I only paid $99 for it after service credits.
    After reading the post about "How I got my Treo 600 for $50" I tried it and thus far, it seems to have worked! For those with T300's that are still under warranty, all you have to do is:

- Call CS and get yourself transferred to account retention department. You don't actually have to make a "threat"...just say you are considering cancelling acccount. If they don't do it, call back again until they do.

- Once there, say something about having crappy hardware, not sure if you want to stay with sprint because of it, blah blah blah

- Then say you want to upgrade to T600 but don't want to lose all your money that you spent on T300.

- Then mention that since your T300 is still under warranty, is there any way to upgrade and recoup the money spent on the T300 and have it applied toward the purchase of the T600.

Once I said "warranty" and "upgrade"....she said yes I have the option to do this. I asked a couple times just to make sure I was understanding the following statement correctly.....I will have a $599 charge on my next billing statement. When I get the new phone and the return kit, I will send back the T300 and when its received, I will get a credit for $399. BTW, her computer was telling her that the phone will ship out in 3-5 days!??! Not going to hold my breath about that one though....

I am not under contract so maybe thats why they offered me this deal??? I don't know, but its worth a shot. Personally I will extend my contract for only 1 year and get another $100 off....2 years is gonna get me $150 off, but if Handspring releases something even better next year, I'd rather not be under a contract when they do, so that maybe Sprint will do the same thing again? Good Luck