Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there was a previous thread but there was no real consensus and the tread meandered off topic a bit so...

My specific question is: has anybody gotten the Jabra Freespeak to answer the Treo 600 incoming calls correctly by pressing the little on/off toggle button?

With the included Treo handsfree earbud, it works and with my Motorola handsfree pressing the button answers the phone. But when I do this with the Jabra, it answers the phone then immediately hangs up. Do others have this problem? Any known method to answer the phone with the Jabra?

Thanks.

Roman
    I just talked to the Jabra tech and they told me that there is something wrong with the multi-adapter. I will be getting a new one soon and will let everyone now if it will work.

They say it work fine with the Treo 600.

Only time will tell.
    Well, I thought the Jabra was working great, but didn't realize that it wasn't picking up calls. I hadn't used that function yet. Did you contact Jabra directly with your inquiry? Because my headset doesn't disconnect and I need to return it to Frys Electronics this week in order to obtain a refund. Also, I use my headset when I am walking the dog and have noticed a rustling sound in earpiece if the unit that is plugged into phone brushes against my waist. Anyone else get that noise?
    FlyNTreo600,
    I did talk to them directly. They are sending a new multi-adapter out. So I will be able to tell if it was bad are not. It should not make any noise in tell you click the answer button.
    Originally posted by rockier
    I just talked to the Jabra tech and they told me that there is something wrong with the multi-adapter. I will be getting a new one soon and will let everyone now if it will work.

They say it work fine with the Treo 600.

Only time will tell.
    According to Jabra the Treo 600 will not allow the Jabra Headset to answer/hangup on calls via the headset button. I've called Jabra several times on this issue. If you have the headset programed to answer/hangup calls it will hang up on any incomming calls right after it answers it. I have seen this mentioned several times by other Jabra users.

Brian
    According to Jabra the Treo 600 will not allow the Jabra Headset to answer/hangup on calls via the headset button. I've called Jabra several times on this issue. If you have the headset programed to answer/hangup calls it will hang up on any incomming calls right after it answers it. I have seen this mentioned several times by other Jabra users.
    I have called them several time to and got the same answer. I sent a e-mail to them telling them the problem and final I got someone that is saying it works. So they are sending me a new Multi-adapter and I will try it. If it does not work I will call the tech back and find out why or the real answer is it just does not work.

I will let everyone know if Jabra can get it to work or not at all.
    I got the new Jabra Headset and it did not work ether. I e-mail the tech support back again and have not got an answer yet. So I can say it does not work.

I got the Fonegear one and it did not work at all. It was just bad. I am waiting for a new so I can see if it works. Man they are slow getting this returned to me.
    did u guys try the universal model or the treo 300 version? I just bought the universal and if the answer/hangup isn't going to work I want to return it. I'm in nyc for the weekend so I have a limited window in which to do so.
    -Andrew
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Has anyone else experienced problems with Jabra products? With my 300 I tried 3 different units each with its own set of defects. When I switched to the 600 I stayed stayed away from Jabra and now after reading these posts I see that was a good decision. I seems to me they either have poorly engineered products, poor QC or both. Anyone out there feel the same way?
    Well the generic version works, except for the answer/hangup capability. From the factory this option is disabled and you have to enable it with the stylus button. Ironically, I had to find this information on the Web as it is not included in the manual.

If you try to answer the call using the freespeak, it does answer the call but then immediately hangs up. If you dial a call and hit send and then hit the jabra to go into active mode, it hangs up the call. You can successfully make a call by turning on the jabra first, then dialing. The hangup feature does work this way.

My guess is that the Jabra goes low or high on the 3rd conductor for a period of time that makes the treo believe it received the answer and hangup 'command' twice. The fix is to go low or high (whatever it is, I didn't bother pulling out a multimeter) for a shorter period time. Unfortunately, this is likely to be a hardware modification or firmware in the jabra, which is impossible to change out in the field. The other method is to get Handspring to put up a patch that makes it ignore the line for a short period after it receives a change. Perhaps this can be done with a small app - I'm not sure how much is in firmware vs software.

It is so aggravating!! I'd love to be able to keep the treo in my jacket pocket and not have to pull it out to take a call.

-A
    Last edited by andrewket; 11/15/2003 at 06:30 PM.
    Originally posted by andrewket
    The other method is to get Handspring to put up a patch that makes it ignore the line for a short period after it receives a change. Perhaps this can be done with a small app - I'm not sure how much is in firmware vs software.
    I can't promise anything, but when I get my Treo 600 I'll try to add a work-around for this problem. I think when I was playing around with the key auto-dial in TreoHelper I was able to acknowledge the button and therefore make the OS ignore it. Problem is, I can't do anything right now because that stuff doesn't work in the simulator and the key event modifiers are undocumented so I need to get them from the real device.

BTW if your Freespeak doesn't have the latest firmware you may want to exchange it. They've recently added a new Bluetooth profile to make it compatible with more phones. Those models have a blue sticker on the box which says "now compatible with Nokia 3650" or something to that affect. Look on the headset by the microphone for a version stamp; it should be 21B or later.
    I just checked and I have firmware 29B. I still can't believe handspring didn't include bluetooth to begin with.

If you find a fix you'll make a lot of ppl happy...
    Dear Andrew:

Thank you for your inquiry. It appears that you may have the wrong version of our FreeSpeak for your model phone. Please provide me with the model # of our FreeSpeak that you are currently using.

If you should need any further assistance, please contact customer support at 800-327-2230.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Heather Buchanan
    JABRA North America
    Email Customer Support

--------------------

The model number was included in the original email..... I'm going to respond and see where it gets me.

<sigh>

-A
    Dear Andrew:

Thank you for your inquiry. The answer/end function is not support through our FreeSpeak. This has been confirmed by our engineers and supervisors.

Heather Buchanan
    JABRA North America
    Email Customer Support
    I got my Freespeak to work fine on my T600. Just had to get a little adapter, shave off some plastic like most adapters for the T600, and also disable the Auto Call Answer/End on the Freespeak Multiadapter.

Jason
    If you have to disable the click-to-answer and click-to-hangup feature on the Freespeak then you've got to have the phone within reach to answer/hangup....doesnt this kill nearly all the advantage of having a wireless earpiece? You cant keep the phone on your hip, or in a purse, etc...

Unless you have another Bluetooth device you're using it with, I think the Freespeak is a flawed product for the Treo 600 (the Treo still needs BT!!!!).

I returned my Jabra recently (it was a very disappointing experience) and ordered an Unleash from Reason Products, which supposedly does support the T600 answer/hangup (I hope )
    So in the end nobody has experienced that it works with the button on the earpiece. Why do several people say it works and than it does not.... aahhh the question starting the thread is absolutely clear.

Have the same problem and in my opinion if you pay almost 200$ and you have to answer your call on the treo in stead of the earpiece the thing does not do what it was specificly designed for.

Tested it more than once and the situation is as follows:
    Number of Blinks Answer/End Emulation
    4 Blinks - Enabled - treo disconnects immediately when pushing the button on the earpiece
    5 Disabled Default Setting - treo works with the earpiece but only if you pick up the phone on the treo and enable the earpiece

When you sit in the car and you have an incoming call this is not the way you want to pick up a call especially when you have your Treo on a beltclip.
    Last edited by erredobble; 05/23/2004 at 05:10 AM.
    I've left a number of emails and messages for Vware and others but thus far, no update on this topic. Might be the holidays or maybe everyone associated is so frustrated the topic's dead.

Does anyone have any word or confirmation that a version of Callfilter has a software switch that allows the Answer/End button on the Jabra Freespeak Headset for non-bluetooth phones to work correctly with the Treo 600? I purchased the headset a little more than a week ago and I want to return it before my two-weeks run out if there is no fix for Answer/End button and the Treo 600. Makes no sense keeping this expensive headset if you can't used it to answer/end calls without touching the phone.

Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wayazo
    The general consensus is that the Jabra Freespeak for non Bluetooth Phones does NOT handle the answer/end functions that many have purchased it for; to be used with their T|6's.

Sitting here reading these replies, it is apparent that many of you wont accept the fact that your $179.99 + tax unit just doesnt foot the bill. Instead of looking for work-arounds that do NOT exist at this time, return it for a FULL refund!

Before the crash of 04/04, there were at least 200 or more post that this thing doesnt work like it is supposed to; at least not with the 600.

The box the unit comes in has a green sticker across the top of the opening that lets you know it is the universal model for non bluetooth phones. It should come with an even larger sticker that reads NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE TREO 600.

But we know they'll never include that sticker because then they wouldnt get your $200.00

Quote Originally Posted by Wayazo
    I've left a number of emails and messages for Vware and others but thus far, no update on this topic. Might be the holidays or maybe everyone associated is so frustrated the topic's dead.

Does anyone have any word or confirmation that a version of Callfilter has a software switch that allows the Answer/End button on the Jabra Freespeak Headset for non-bluetooth phones to work correctly with the Treo 600? I purchased the headset a little more than a week ago and I want to return it before my two-weeks run out if there is no fix for Answer/End button and the Treo 600. Makes no sense keeping this expensive headset if you can't used it to answer/end calls without touching the phone.

Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wayazo
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    There is a thread for an app called Callfilter in Utilities. Version 1.2 of this app has a fix for the Jabra headset and I posted what I did to get a discount and get the latest app at the end of that thread. I do not know how long the 25% discount will last at Handango, so look into that for yourselves and good luck.

Signed, Happy new functional Jabra Answer/End Treo600 User.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast