Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    /flame on

Ok, I have seen WAY too many posts whining about the T600.

Bottom line, is it perfect NO. Did YOU have free choice to buy or NOT buy...YES!

When I make ANY purchase of a substantial nature I do plenty of research to determine if the product is as good as the company claims.

REALITY CHECK: ALL COMPANIES LIE about their products. In America we call this MARKETING. However, with just a small amount of research it is simple to determine the truth from the marketing. (DON'T Take the trade magazines word for it either as most receive advertisement dollars from the same products they review)

If you want to be an early adopter and can't wait 1 second past a release date, then you accept the risks associated with that stance.

If you read up on a product, find out about it's flaws, have problems with them and STILL buy it, then it's your fault!

Handspring provided a product that they felt was suitable to sell. They spent the time and money to design, configure, produce and market this product. They have NO guarantee that anyone will actually buy this product as ALL consumers have FREE WILL.

If you purchased the T600 and don't like it, then SELL IT or RETURN IT and get something different. When you purchased the T600, there was no ceremony stating "'til death do you part".

You are not entitled to anything. If you think you can make a better product DO SO.

I read up on it, understood it's weak points and said "a phone that is a PDA, MP3 player, Web device and camera sounds pretty good to me" I can live with the faults (most will be patched sooner or later anyway).

Just getting tired of all the whining....sheesh!

/flame off
    agreed!
    Amen!
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

( GOING OVER THE THE HAMMOND ORGAN).....

PREACH MAN.....PREACH!!!!

IGO!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  6. purpleX
    $500 bucks phone and getting this type of service? wew...

This is paying Hilton price for motel 8 service.
    Originally posted by purpleX

That's like paying Ritz prices and having to camp out in the Everglades!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Meow.

Not even close. Then again, how would you know? You never use any of these devices you talk about anyway.

How do I know that? I asked you at least 5 times so far what handheld device(s) you have used and you never responded.

By the way, when you pay a Hilton room you don't get perfection either--far from it.
    Originally posted by other people
    That's like...
    Fun game!

That's like ordering a Budweiser, thinking you'll get champagne and winding up with Coors.

You know, I think this guy has to work for Bill "Vapoware" Gates and his MS Smartphone division.
  12. purpleX
    Originally posted by dstrauss

You know, I think this guy has to work for Bill "Vapoware" Gates and his MS Smartphone division.
    Really? According to amazon.com. It's ranked 11 already, beating treo 270, and i500. Not to shabby for first week debut of a vaporware.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    Not to shabby for first week debut of a vaporware.
    Dude, that some good vaporware, dude.
    dude. everyone has the right to say what he/she wants to say.

so if they feel upset, and they want to whine. what is your business to tell him to stop whining?

What's wrong with you if they just want to send an angry message to the Handspring?
    and u said that every company does this same thing. it's called "Marketing".

I really disagree with you on this point.

There is a difference between a company that respects customers, and treats customers well AND a company that treats customers very badly, and keep lying to customers.

there is a difference betw co. that beat customer expectations and one that well short of.

Many are saying that Handspring is the latter.

It's their opinion and u don't have the right to tell them to stop.
    mjolnir2k is just whining about people whining. He's entitled to make that whine without us whining about him whining about us whining.
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by artportal

so if they feel upset, and they want to whine. what is your business to tell him to stop whining?

What's wrong with you if they just want to send an angry message to the Handspring?
    Other than the fact that you contradict yourself in the same paragraph...

1. It's BORING
    2. It does not help anyone.
    3. If you have a new issue, then post what that issue is and if there is any known resolution to the issue. Is there a need to repeat that the ringer is not loud enough or that the phone does not vibrate hard enough or that the ear piece is junk 100 times???? Once is probably enough to cover it.
    4. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY THIS PHONE.

Maybe we should just have 2 forums for the T600

Forum 1: Treo 600 discussion forum (ways to use and manage your Treo 600)

Forum 2: Why I hate the T600 (And why I am generally dis-satisfied with most things)

Bottom line #2: Get over it. It will NEVER meet everyone's expectations and considering HS has sold out of this unit, I don't think they are too concerned.

Live with it or get something else that can do everything it can do (and have fun toting that MP3 player, Digital camera, PDA with web attachment and phone around.)

This is my last post in this thread as it is counter productive and I have said my .02, so have at it if you care to. I will be spending my time reviewing solutions and upgrades that others have created or provided to enjoy my T600 to the fullest.
    I disagree with the original posters comments though. Griping is important. Without feedback HS and soon Palm will not know what they got right and what needs to be changed. People will not be able to get issues solved. I've seen quite a few complaints resolved because other users had solutions.

and...

Really? According to amazon.com. It's ranked 11 already, beating treo 270, and i500. Not to shabby for first week debut of a vaporware.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t....bosnation0e-20
    hehe, Purple People eater is missing the point. The MS Smartphone OS was announced 3 years ago but is only now making it to the U.S. That is vaporware.

The device you're talking about, although nice, is not a competitor for the Treo 600. No real text entry capabilities, no built in Pocket Word or Excel as PurpleX claims-though you can mail off for an MMC card with an Excel and Word reader (reader only no text editing capabilities), AT&T wireless so no real GPRS service unless you're willing to spend hudnreds a month on data charges, and fewer initial accessories availible for it then the Treo 600.

It is a nice phone though and I might take CompUSA up on their really nice deal, dump AT&T after a month and then unlock the phone and use it on a carrier with a real data plan like T-Mobile.
    yes feedback is a good thing for product development, but there is such a thing as too much feedback and that is called beating a dead horse, I agree with the orgianl poster, stop whining. Move along! take care, jay
    Where is this perception that HS lied to its custmers coming from?

Everything I read is that their CSR's keep promising that the 600 will be available "in a couple of weeks".

My problem with the whining is that everyone is p1ssed off at HS for believing a rumored availability date. HS could be accused of whining if they announced an availability date, and then missed it.

If several of you believed a rumor, then it's your own fault, not Handspring's.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast