Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. purpleX
    Originally posted by Luzerman
    hehe, Purple People eater is missing the point. The MS Smartphone OS was announced 3 years ago but is only now making it to the U.S. That is vaporware.
    better late than never eh? By mid next year, there will me more smartphones than treo.

The device you're talking about, although nice, is not a competitor for the Treo 600. No real text entry capabilities, no built in Pocket Word or Excel as PurpleX claims-though you can mail off for an MMC card with an Excel and Word reader (reader only no text editing capabilities), AT&T wireless so no real GPRS service unless you're willing to spend hudnreds a month on data charges, and fewer initial accessories availible for it then the Treo 600.
    How to unlock mpx200 here:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=11696

So far it works with T-mo, Cingular.
    fewer initial accessory? What accessory for treo600 would that be? cradle and SD card? eh hmmm...
    (accessory list)
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1522.html

How about this for an accessory: a simple USB cable to turn mpx200 into a wireless modem. Don't try that at home with your treo600 kids.

If a person wants to do full service word or spread sheet, he is in a pickled right now. Who knows how quick a thrid party apps will show up. There is freebie text editor floating around.

It is a nice phone though and I might take CompUSA up on their really nice deal, dump AT&T after a month and then unlock the phone and use it on a carrier with a real data plan like T-Mobile.
    hmmm....
    We'll see if XDAII will match treo600 number, not that's something to watch. Smartphone winning over treo600 is a given already. It's a matter of six month.
    TOON FAN YOU ARE 100% RIGHT & PURPLE DO U EVER THINK THAT OTHERS LIKE THE t600 EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE DEAD SET AGAINST IT AND WE ARE SICK OF HEAR YOU SAY SO?

PURPLE I AM SURE YOU ARE A NICE GUY, ...BUT...MOVE ALONG...PLEASE LET THOSE OF US WHO ARE ENJOYING OUR t600'S TO DO SO. THANKS, JAY
  3. purpleX
    hello...?
    can you repeat that again please? I can barely hear you...
    are you using that crappy treo phone again?
    How to unlock mpx200 here:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/show...?threadid=11696

So far it works with T-mo, Cingular.
    fewer initial accessory? What accessory for treo600 would that be? cradle and SD card? eh hmmm...
    (accessory list)
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1522.html
    I know all of these things but its far from something the average user will do. You're the fan of the average user and how they will balk at doing complicated or technical things. Yah there are webpages you can go to that will allow you to do it remotely, but again, this is something the average user will not know how to do, what to do, or where to go.

From Motorola and AT&T there are 4 accesories that I counted when I was looking on Sunday: 2 terrible cases, a travel charger, and a car charger. Just from HS there are numerous accessories that you can get for your Treo when you toss in what is already out there from 3rd party vendors its no contest.

How about this for an accessory: a simple USB cable to turn mpx200 into a wireless modem. Don't try that at home with your treo600 kids.
    hehe, go read the forum and then appologize for making a huge mistake. Its easier to do on a Treo then on an MS Smartphone.

If a person wants to do full service word or spread sheet, he is in a pickled [sic] right now. Who knows how quick a thrid [sic] party apps will show up. There is freebie text editor floating around.
    Since the Smartphone platform has been out for so long and it has yet to be produced I would not wait with baited breath for it to appear.
  5. purpleX
    Originally posted by Luzerman
    From Motorola and AT&T there are 4 accesories that I counted when I was looking on Sunday: 2 terrible cases, a travel charger, and a car charger. Just from HS there are numerous accessories that you can get for your Treo when you toss in what is already out there from 3rd party vendors its no contest.
    well I am not sure what accessory you are waiting for, but if you need a lot, probably you should skip mpx200 and wait for the bluetooth model to come out. It is the first US model afterall.

but wouldn't a case be too expensive for such a cheap phone? It's sub $200 phone....

hehe, go read the forum and then appologize for making a huge mistake. Its easier to do on a Treo then on an MS Smartphone.
    It's better be easier if one have to pay $34 bucks for it.

mpx200 involves downloading USB driver and getting a cable, and do first time set up.
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1520.html

Since the Smartphone platform has been out for so long and it has yet to be produced I would not wait with baited breath for it to appear.
    nobody is making you wait, get the treo weeee....!

I'll let you know once smartphone beats all aspect of treo advantage. (save that idiotic thumboard of course) SpreadCE seems to be a good candidate to be ported to smartphone soon. I guess the SPV crowd really push for fun stuff first, since by now SPV has all the emulator and media players PPC has already.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I've been using the MPX200 for several days now. Overall, it's an impressive smartphone as long as you don't attempt to roll through a lot of programs back to back or you might get a lock up/screen freeze as I did numerous times. The treo 600 and mpx are two different machines. Trying to handle heavy email on the MPX will not be an enjoyable experience, and web browsing is rather cramped (but much better than you run of the mill mobile phone). I actually like the MPx200, but it's more of an advanced mobile phone than a true converged device, so some will like the format and others will find it lacking.

PurpleX, why do you bother posting on this website? You've established that you are no fan of the Treo, so what's your motivation? 500 posts? I'd honestly like to know what you get out of it, what your motivation is. At first glance, I'd label you a jackass. Smilies here, sarcasm there. But maybe there is a reason you attempt to derail every thread on this site, as well as many others under different names. I'd like to know your reasoning. Normally, I ignore people who post as you do, but I'm growing tired of weeding through your posts. So, what gives? And you could try to respond in earnest as opposed to the typical juvenile response you are prone to.
  7. purpleZ
    Originally posted by purpleX
    Microsoft rules...etc. etc.

purpleX, show your face! It is I, your long lost evil triplet, purpleZ! I have returned from Hunan province, for you have brought great shame to our family.

Do not try to run, purpleX. You cannot flee from purpleZ! I have finally found you and will finish what was started so many moons ago.
  8. purpleZ
    Originally posted by iJITSU
    PurpleX, why do you bother posting on this website?
    purpleX (ska, hoplites) is a paid assassin, working for Emperor Bill, of Redmond province. Stay out of this business, iJITSU-san, for you will be hurt if you get in the way.

It is time for purpleX to face the one who he has always feared. Step out of the shadows, purpleX! Your time has come.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Ah, I see your Kung Fu is strong. The spirit of Shaolin flows through you like beer through a German.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mjolnir2k
    /flame on

Ok, I have seen WAY too many posts whining about the T600.

Bottom line, is it perfect NO. Did YOU have free choice to buy or NOT buy...YES!

When I make ANY purchase of a substantial nature I do plenty of research to determine if the product is as good as the company claims.

REALITY CHECK: ALL COMPANIES LIE about their products. In America we call this MARKETING. However, with just a small amount of research it is simple to determine the truth from the marketing. (DON'T Take the trade magazines word for it either as most receive advertisement dollars from the same products they review)

If you want to be an early adopter and can't wait 1 second past a release date, then you accept the risks associated with that stance.

If you read up on a product, find out about it's flaws, have problems with them and STILL buy it, then it's your fault!

Handspring provided a product that they felt was suitable to sell. They spent the time and money to design, configure, produce and market this product. They have NO guarantee that anyone will actually buy this product as ALL consumers have FREE WILL.

If you purchased the T600 and don't like it, then SELL IT or RETURN IT and get something different. When you purchased the T600, there was no ceremony stating "'til death do you part".

You are not entitled to anything. If you think you can make a better product DO SO.

I read up on it, understood it's weak points and said "a phone that is a PDA, MP3 player, Web device and camera sounds pretty good to me" I can live with the faults (most will be patched sooner or later anyway).

Just getting tired of all the whining....sheesh!

/flame off
    [/QUOTE

do you have yourself a treo that won't hold a sd card? how about your speaker is it blown? does your battery charge or not? what about constant resets? are you lucky enough to feel the vibrating battery?have you experienced any of these or other numerous and inexcusable quality problems or oversights.

i'm floored at that those who consider the numerous posts expressing problems or displeasures with the treo as whinning. all your products work great? never had displeasure with a product? if so, did you consider yourself whinnig at the time?

as far your requests to those with displeasures to" stop whinning" and just return it, i can assure you far to many have that should not of had to.

with regards to buyers knowing about the treos problems or short comings prior to purchase. keep in mind, the owners of these treos are like you and me. when we buy a newer more expensive model of anything, it goes without saying that it should include improved quality.

quality should be a given in this day and age, but attitudes accepting less then whats promised, make that almost impossible. as long as people accept problematic goods as acceptable in light of obvious short comings, manufactures will continue to produce marginal products.

my hats off to those who have voiced their displeasure and problems. i'm sorry to hear about them, but unlike some, your crediability is sound and logical.
    Originally posted by mjolnir2k
    /flame on
    Ok, I have seen WAY too many posts whining about the T600.
    /flame off
    Personally, I don't mind negative posts, as long as they detail what the problems are.

My only complaint about the Treo 600 so far is 'THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE' currently I'm waiting on a GSM model.

As far as your post whining about the whiners, I'll tell you this when I do receive it.

IT'S MY TREO, AND I'LL WHINE IF I WANT TO.......
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    You have to admit, there is irony in whining about the whining. Irony keeps the body strong...
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Personally, I don't mind negative posts, as long as they detail what the problems are.

My only complaint about the Treo 600 so far is 'THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE' currently I'm waiting on a GSM model.

As far as your post whining about the whiners, I'll tell you this when I do receive it.

IT'S MY TREO, AND I'LL WHINE IF I WANT TO.......
    i love it! I beleive it goes,

it's my treo and i'll whine if i want to, whine if i want to, whine if i want to, you would whine to if it happen to you.

that couldn't be more right!
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/27/2003 at 09:01 PM.
  14. purpleX
    At first glance, I'd label you a jackass. Smilies here, sarcasm there. But maybe there is a reason you attempt to derail every thread on this site, as well as many others under different names. I'd like to know your reasoning. Normally, I ignore people who post as you do, but I'm growing tired of weeding through your posts.
    there is something deliciously ironic about a person whining in a don't whine thread.

but don't fret.
    My brother purpleZ has arrived.

-----

(you cannot flee from purpleZ?
    wow, that line is worth to be in latest instalment of Quentin Tarantino movie. lol. Kill bill script. http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~alexward/script.htm )

Let's see how good you really are.
    Try and land a blow. If you land a
    single blow, I'll bow down and call
    you master.
  15. purpleZ
    Ah, I see your Kung Fu is strong. The spirit of Shaolin flows through you like beer through a German.

You are most honorable, iJITSU-san. The people of Hunan province still speak of the day your grandfather came to our province from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Beware he who speaks with forked tongue. He will try to divide your house and turn brother against brother, for he knows his Kung Fu (PPC) is weak. Hear not this wicked cur, for he shall soon face the true powers of Shaolin...

The Shaolin Masters have sent me to bring this treacherous cur, purpleX to justice. There shall soon be much joy throughout the land - purpleX will be no more. Prosperity to you, iJITSU-san.
  16. purpleX
    The exquisite art of the samurai
    sword. Don't make me laugh. Your so
    called exquisite art, is only fit
    for Japanese fat heads. You really
    are a silly ***.
  17. purpleZ
    Originally posted by purpleX
    My brother purpleZ has arrived.

Enter the ring, purpleX. It is time for you to face your destiny.
  18. purpleX
    Your anger amuses me. Do you
    believe you are my match?
    There is no flaming of any kind allowed here. That includes flaming people who don't like the Treo. PurpleZ, consider this a warning. Thread closed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12