Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From that partial view, it looks like no plastic over the keyboard...
    couldn't tell you about the screen as it doesn't show it.

Whether there's a flap or not...we'll find out tomorrow.
    I'm looking for something like the I-Volution case for the iPod from vajacases. The case I want to buy has to support pda/phone/mp3 usability. No Flap!
    flap!
    Originally posted by derek985
    FYI -

http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...sp?unit=H.T600
    OOOOOOhhhhhh ..... Daddy LIKE!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Does anyone know if the Covertec horizontal case exposes the headphone jack for use while in the case?
    i just ordered one of the brown horiz cases - i'll let you guys know what i think of it once i get it (later this week?)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I've been looking at those Covertec cases for a while now. I really liked the bottom one the when I first saw it. It's like a designer version of the Handspring Form Fitting case. I wanna know if it's any good. Maybe the Vaja case will be better (only if they have other colors besides that poo color on the preview pic) but all I know is I need one now! The slip case my 600 comes in is too inconvenient. I'm scared I'll drop it when everytime I yank it out. The Covertec cases all seem out of stock except for the brown one. That means some of y'all must have bought one - any reviews?
    Originally posted by stephman
    From that partial view, it looks like no plastic over the keyboard...
    couldn't tell you about the screen as it doesn't show it.

Whether there's a flap or not...we'll find out tomorrow.
    It has a flap as if the T600 is a PDA-only device. Nice looking, but impractical for phones, IMO.

http://www.clieuk.co.uk/index.shtml

Scroll down to it.
    Originally posted by elysian9

Nice looking, but impractical for phones, IMO.

http://www.clieuk.co.uk/index.shtml
    I agree. I wonder why no one seems to make a case with a flap that operates horizontally instead of vertically... Seems it would make more sense, especially with the antenna in the way.

An ideal product IMHO would be a case with a lateral flap, but also with clear plastic solely over the screen. This would allow me to see who's calling without having to open the case.

Anyone know of a case that might work?
    Originally posted by treotim
    I'm looking for something like the I-Volution case for the iPod from vajacases. The case I want to buy has to support pda/phone/mp3 usability. No Flap!
    Yes! No flap, no plastic!

Looks like the vaja has a flap
    Below is the e-mail I got back from Covertec confirming that you cannot access the headphone jack while the phone is in the horizontal case.

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your mail and the interest you show as regard our products.
    However concerning your request, I am afraid you can't use the hearphone
    while the phone in it's case.
    I hope this element will help you in your choise.
    Our sales support team remains at your disposal and hope to do business with
    you in the future.

Best regards

info@covertec.com
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    In addition to no access to the microphone jack, the WIPS belt-clip system requires two hands to release the phone ! You have ot squeeze both sides of the belt part to release the phone.

Too bad, I was going to punch my own hole for the microphone, but you'd have to be a cirque-de-solei performer to get the darn thing off your belt.
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by KKenna
    In addition to no access to the microphone jack, the WIPS belt-clip system requires two hands to release the phone ! You have ot squeeze both sides of the belt part to release the phone.

Too bad, I was going to punch my own hole for the microphone, but you'd have to be a cirque-de-solei performer to get the darn thing off your belt.
    Dont you have opposable thumbs?
    On the subject of horizontal cases, I got the horizontal/vertical belt loop case from Nutshell.cc today, but contrary to what they told me, it does not have access to the earphone socket. Does anyone have any tips on how to easily make holes in leather?

Thanks
    I would really like a case that is a leather "Skin" with no plastic! and also would have a couple slots for SD cards!! Whats the use of being able to change out cards if you can't carry them around with you! No one seems to think about this...

Mobile_Bob
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12