Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those bastards at Handspring told me this morning that despite the rumors that are floating around the internet there will not be a GSM release today. I am offically giving up and moving on towards a p900. I got the same standard it should be out in a few weeks response that seems to be the only thing they know how to say. Why they would continue to wait while other products are now shipping that people who are early adopters like us would jump on is beyond me. There really is no logic behind how they roll out their products. Shelve a device that supports over 80% of the worlds cell networks and release the version designed for the original low end network first. Ya that makes great business sense.
    THose "bastards" as you would put it....put out the best damm convergence device that I've seen in a long time. It's just 9:30am Central where I am...this day is NOT over.....go grab some coffe or a beer and chill.......please!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    This makes no sense. I've had it. I'm not going to wait any longer- bye Handspring.
    I think its still happening today. What time was the CDMA version released? I would be on a 12pm EST time launch.
  5.    #5  
    Call for yourself: 1.888.565.9393

Do you think they are only telling people on EST this information?
    today may not be over, but the lack of communication is plain stupid. Especially when I get an email from tmobile saying handspring will have it today, and then when you call HS they say a couple weeks. Who is handling the carrier relationships over at HS?
    See..,that's what I am saying. I had to wait till HS gave their price on the T600. SPrint was not giving me anything off the phone. Had I not waited ...I would have paid and extra 200 bucks for it.

Patience is a virtue!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Not the CSR's.........
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Originally posted by winebrat
    This makes no sense. I've had it. I'm not going to wait any longer- bye Handspring.
    You've got to be joking. I would wager that you will still be among the first in line when this becomes available.
    For what it's worth, Ingram Micro still shows the same 11/3 release date they've show for the last 2 weeks.

According to my Ingram sales rep, Handspring still says 11/3 for the GSM model.

Larry
    Customer service reps very often have incorrect or incomplete information, so nothing they tell you is terribly reliable. That means that the original report that it would be released today could have been completely wrong, that today's statements that it won't be released today could be completely wrong or that both could somehow be wrong. Taking what customer service phone representatives tell you as gospel is just asking to be misled and disappointed...
    plessdude is right. Why would HS say "despite the rumours, it's not coming out today" if it wasn't true? I'd be even more upset if they ended up releasing the phone after telling us the rumour wasn't true. I too was told by TMo HS would be releasing the GSM today. Granted it wasn't HS giving out this info about a Monday release but still. I've never been so confused!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Where is WeeBit when you need him? Any updates for us, WeeBit? Can you make some more calls?

AHHHHH!~!!!!
    I think HS would be ill-advised to tell everyone that the phones will be available on their website at on a particular day or, worse yet, at a particular time. This would cause everyone and their uncle to hit their website at a particular moment, guaranteeing them more trouble than they have already had. As it is, they're back-ordered 2-3 weeks on the Sprint model and making the GSM one available has the potential of doubling their load, both on the web site and on actual order fulfillment. The last thing they want is to ask for a tidal wave of orders that threatens to parallize their system. Sure you could say that they are contributing to a high load on their website by not giving accurate information (because people keep checking), but I believe this is far less than what they'd get if they said, say, that the GSM model will be available 12:00pm EST. That would make it as "news" to the far corners of the web.

Also, saying "within a few weeks" is still accurate for a release today.
  15.    #15  
    I though it was pretty funny that they knew about the Internet rumors! We should try and start a new one and see if it gets back to them! I wonder how many of us would pay a $100.00 premium to get the device now. Seems like HS could easily price gouge for impatient people like myself. Why turn people down who are not concernded with carrier subsidy's. The simplicity of the GSM version is that people can just outright buy them at retail cost and use them right away. Nothing makes sense anymore. I guess we'll just get it when we get it!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    HS is in California, where they are on PST. Its not even 8am here yet.

The CS people answering the phones right now are coming off of a night shift on a weekend. Not always the best informed group.

Give it awhile and see what happens after the regular staff gets in.
    Well since Tmo emailed me saying it would be available to purchase today, I sent an update to my email service request asking them where to purchase it since I can't finnd it on thier website. Lets see what happends.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    [deleted]
    Originally posted by treoo0
    Where is WeeBit when you need him? Any updates for us, WeeBit? Can you make some more calls?

AHHHHH!~!!!!
    Hi Fellers....

ARRRRRG! Here is the latest, I called my peeps just now....

HS is mad a T-Mob.

T-Mobile agreed to announce "official support" for the t600 as of today, they MISTAKENLY announced that that support would indicate availablity to retail consumers through handspring. (How absurd of them?)

All of the people at HS tell me that it will be this week... which to me sounds like the Ingram Micro date of 11/3.

This is getting annoying..... I have REALLY good info, and I can't even get info on this and my firm is ordering MANY of these little badboys.

I can confirm however, that it WILL NOT be today.

Soon enough though.... lets all keep perspective... this is very annoying, but we will have this thing soon enough.

-Mike
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I knew you'd come through for us, WeeBit!! THanks for helping keep us sane! I guess we wait...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast