Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    OK. I called T-mobile and even though I never got the e-mail from them about the release I told them I did and that I was wondering where to place the purcchase. The lady put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and told me that I needed to call Handspring since she had no information on the release (big surprise there!) So I guess its now going in a circle. Man they really make you work for these things! At this point I think we all deserve a discount for all the time we have wasted trying to figure out what is going on!
    I just hope the 11/3 date is good. We have 100 of the unlocked units on order. They seem to keep changing the date when it gets close. Let's all hope 11/3 is really it this time.

I also think Handspring learned something with the Sprint experience. They shipped them to Sprint in advance, told them to wait until Handpsring announces the product, but Sprint started shipping them early. They may not give them to Ingram or the carriers in advance this time.

Larry
  3.    #23  
    Maybe the GSM version is just a sick rumor!!! Vaporware anyone....
    OK, I'm calming down- a little bit. Now if it doesn't come out on 11/3...
    NO, not calming down. A freaking simple change to thier website with status of this thing is easy, and the professional thing todo.

If it was my company, I wouldn't want all these rumors flying around.
    Yeah, you're right. Why can't HS just display something on their site? I'm sure they've been bombarded with phone calls. They must know about this "rumour". At least confirm the date publicly.
  7.    #27  
    Yes just post the date of the release on your website and stick with it. I would love to run my business with the ability to tell people they will receive goods "In a few weeks"

Customer:

"So I would like to come stay at your Hotel on 11/1/03"

Response:

"Sure your room will be ready in a few weeks"
    Handspring ambiguously has said - very consistently - "late fall" and "coming weeks". Far as I can see November 3rd - the latest most consistent rumor - is close enough to "late fall" and "few weeks" that it counts just fine.

They have literally zero need to clarify rumors put out by someone else on some obscure message board.

======

In other news - the question that needs answering is "Why the recall?", IMHO.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Handspring ambiguously has said - very consistently - "late fall" and "coming weeks". Far as I can see November 3rd - the latest most consistent rumor - is close enough to "late fall" and "few weeks" that it counts just fine.

They have literally zero need to clarify rumors put out by someone else on some obscure message board.

======

In other news - the question that needs answering is "Why the recall?", IMHO.

Think again... This is not "just a rumor" on some message board. This is direct from one of their BIGGEST resellers of thier treo product.

Response (Jeremy) - 10/24/2003 11:48 AM
    Dear Farzon Almaneih,

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have set a release date of the 27th for this device. Once the device is launched you should be able to obtain it from any of our sales outlets. If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    Jeremy
    Web Services

Customer - 10/23/2003 07:30 PM
    Hi, Would like to inquire regarding the availability of the Handspring Treo 600. If/when it is available where do I purchase it? (Handspring or T-mobile)

Thank You
    I just sent this....

Dear Farzon Almaneih,

Thank you for contacting Handspring. We have received your inquiry and we will be sending a response by email within 24 business hours. Your request will be responded to in the order in which it was received. Please visit our website at www.handspring.com for the latest product information. You can also visit our online support section at http://support.handspring.com to find many tips and tricks that will help you get the most from your product.

Here is the text of your inquiry:
    Hello. I was emailed by T-mobile saying that Handspring would start selling the GSM Treo 600 starting Oct 27th. I tried checking your website and couldn't find it anywhere. Is it delayed? or should I just check the website again at the end of the day.

Thank You

Please do not respond directly to this email as the email box is not monitored for inbound email. The email you will receive from our customer care team can be responded to directly.

Regards

Handspring Customer Care
  11. ebaca
    I just got off the phone with Handspring. The CSR just laughed and told me that the rumor is not true. He gave me the standard within the next 2 weeks. Isn't that what they've been saying along? Oh well, I guess they've been getting a lot of calls because the CSR already knew what I was talking about.
    Sprint upgrade offer expires Wednesday.

"This offer is currently available with plans from Sprint until October 29, 2003"

Speculation: only one carrier "limited" upgrade at a time?
    WeeBit is the man.
    Listen to yourselves.

You are all upset at HS CSR's for saying nothing more specific than "next couple of weeks", yet you are killing HS for not releasing the product today based on a rumor! Is it any wonder HS won't be specific?

I know everyone is anxious and wants one now, but a little perspective is needed.

I am fairly certain that HS wants to release them as soon as they can. After all, they don't make any money until they sell them.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Originally posted by ToonFan
    Listen to yourselves.

You are all upset at HS CSR's for saying nothing more specific than "next couple of weeks", yet you are killing HS for not releasing the product today based on a rumor! Is it any wonder HS won't be specific?

I know everyone is anxious and wants one now, but a little perspective is needed.

I am fairly certain that HS wants to release them as soon as they can. After all, they don't make any money until they sell them.
    There is no rumor! Its right from T-mobile. Read above.
    [deleted]
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

There is no rumor! Its right from T-mobile. Read above.
    It says TMO made a mistake.

Besides, TMO only provides the service. HS provides the phone.

Some of you are acting as if you have terminal cancer and you are waiting for HS to release the cure.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Listen to yourselves.

Listening to themselves would be ineffective as they are typing, not speaking . Regarding perspective, I don't think anyone thinks this equates with having cancer as you suggested. There are a bunch of geeks on this site that are disappointed. This is the place that people vent their frustrations as well as share their good experiences, so I suggest you might re-evaluate your own perspective and let them vent.

(although I think that if our biggest problems are related to the release of gadgets, we have it easy )
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

It says TMO made a mistake.

Besides, TMO only provides the service. HS provides the phone.

Some of you are acting as if you have terminal cancer and you are waiting for HS to release the cure.
    You already have your t600, as a Sprint customer...correct? If not, you would have a cancerous tumor as well! Hehe
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast