Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by nonstop

Actually I believe with Sprint you'll get the voicemail notification immediately even if you are on the web and actively receiving or sending data. I've only had my phone 3 days but that's how it appears to work from a few experiments I ran.
    Ok Ok OK, I have a T600 and it does exactly what you say. I must admint - its a real pain to not be able to take the call as it comes. It leaves for lots of explanations (Who were you talking to? - LOL). And not even to mention the people who just refuse to leave voicemails.

People can say that this is a limitation or feature of CDMA, but I say Hogwash. With the T300 calls too proirity. I never missed a call while surfing on that thing. Sprint really needs to rearrange their priorities as this thing is a PHONE FIRST- - everything else should take second seat!!!.

OK OK, I'm ok now. This is a niceeee phone
    What prices are people seeing at Best Buy? I remember getting in on a 25% promotion with my 300, and was hoping something similar would crop up with BB.
    Don't drop your phone in the toilet. Seriously.
    Originally posted by nonstop

Actually I believe with Sprint you'll get the voicemail notification immediately even if you are on the web and actively receiving or sending data. I've only had my phone 3 days but that's how it appears to work from a few experiments I ran.
    This is true on every Vision phone...you receive any notification immediately.

As far as trying to determine which takes priority...that's just the way Vision works. When you're in a data session you can't take calls...something about the different streams of data or something. You can do a search on sprintpcs.howardforums.com or sprintusers.com/forums and get an explaination for why this is. Also, after it's done sending/receiving, the connection stays alive for about 10 seconds before it goes to inactive.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by mactin
    What prices are people seeing at Best Buy? I remember getting in on a 25% promotion with my 300, and was hoping something similar would crop up with BB.
    My local BBs are selling for $599 but given the past transaction histories, they are bound to offer a short duration special for around $449. This is my guesstimation (I know it's not a real word based upon the sale of T300 and i500s
    Upon reading yoru post, I checked out my local BB and found they had just rec'd 4 600's. I live in a very small town in CA, so I'm guessing this means that every BB in the country has inventory.

Incidentally, when the sales person put hte SKU in teh system to look up the price she remarked "Wow, it's 600 bucks!". Obviously, your average BB Customer is not going to come in and spend $600 on a phone/pda. It's just not going to happen. I'd expect discounting soon, well before Christmas, but that's just my opinion, we'll see.

Finally, thanks for posting this info. I had not seen the phone yet, and she let me play with it for a while....very cool. We have five of them on order from Good Technologies along with their back office. Should be arriving this week.

HRB
    FWIW - I was passing by my local Best Buy in Birmingham, AL today and saw that they had 4 Treo 600s in the display case along with the other Sprint PCS phones. They didn't have a hands-on display model to look at and I didn't have time to stop and inquire about price . . . If they're available here, I'd have to agree that distribution must be pretty widespread by now.
    I called two Best Buy's here in the SF Bay Area. One said they'd probably be getting them on Friday, the other said they expect a shipment on Thursday morning (the 30th).

I'll keep calling them.
    I was at the East Palo Alto (in CA) Best Buys last Saturday and they had 2 units behind the counter. One was already reserved by someone who called earlier and I got to hold the other in its sealed plastic bag. They didn't have enough units for display.
    Originally posted by he8mydog
    I was at the East Palo Alto (in CA) Best Buys last Saturday and they had 2 units behind the counter. One was already reserved by someone who called earlier and I got to hold the other in its sealed plastic bag. They didn't have enough units for display.
    The EPA Best Buy is the one I called who said they'd have them on Thursday morning.
    Sprints only advantage in coverage here is offereing analog roaming, but I've never found a place I've needed it yet.

Hey, RMitch...

At the beginning of this post, you stated that above...

Does the Sprint T600 roam on analog? I was told repeatedly that it doesn't, just like the T300 doesn't. Any thoughts? I might actually be able to justify dropping $400 before Xmas if it does!
    I know Kung Fu...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12