1.    #1  
    Is it possible to install a "prc" file wirelessly?.......

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Is it possible to install a "prc" file wirelessly?.......

IGO
    Yes it is. I have not done it, but one of the guys that works with me has. He said he downloaded a .zip file that contained a .prc file. He then upziped it with the Handzip utility that came with Snapper mail and it installed the downloaded .prc file.
    Carl
  3.    #3  
    OK..I have a "prc" file that is on yahoo and it's not in Zip format. Can I use Blazer to go to my Yahoo email and install the file from there????

IGO

update: Tried the above question....response is : not in a format that is installable.
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/27/2003 at 07:30 AM.
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    OK..I have a "prc" file that is on yahoo and it's not in Zip format. Can I use Blazer to go to my Yahoo email and install the file from there????

IGO
    You sure can!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  5.    #5  
    Treo 600 gives "file in a format not currently supported.YOu will need and application which can read thisfile type...blah...blah.. I cannot say what the file is b/c I was sent to me in betta version. But I can tell you it is an upgrade ofa popular software title.

Any suggestions??
    Yes, you can download a prc or pdb file from most sites. For some reason from my yahoo briefcase it won't let me download. I tried to rename the file to a jpg then change the name on the sd card. Then I just started emailing the files to my pda.
  7.    #7  
    SO I should just send it ova to my emial account on Sprint??

IGO
  8.    #8  
    This is getting rather frustrating. I forwarded the emial with the "prc" file to my Sprint email (blahblah@sprintpcs.com). I thought it might be a more direct way of installing this file to my treo 600 . It is still not working....

I got a notification that the email was received into my Sprint email....but when I go there using Blazer.....it is not shown...

IGO
    I use my pop3 email account with Iambic Mail. Works fine, saves to vfs card.
  10.    #10  
    I don't have my SD memory yet. But when when it comes to just download and installing ....I thought you did not need one???

IGO
  11.    #11  
    OK.....OK......I tried all three email accounts to get this "prc" file installed. Why is my Treo 600 not recognizing this file to install?..
    It's the upgraded version of AlertManager ..for the 600.

IGO
    I have never tried to save an attachment without the card. I don't know if it will work.

I will say this, palmhandzipper is a great program. Before I knew about it I was unzipping the files and emailing them. Now I can download the zip files from the web pages and unzip them.
  13.    #13  
    All I want to do is to install straight from download...no saving a file..

IGO
  14.    #14  
    bump..
    I remember I did download right to ram with a prc. I downloaded the new mcphling from his page right to ram. Page:

http://www.mikemccollister.com/palm/

Click on the link and it askings if you want to open it or save it. Select save it and should be good to go. You might want to try this page because I know it worked for me.
  16.    #16  
    WHat does that have to do with AlertManager "prc" file??

IGO
    I was making sure that you are able to download prc files. I know that link works because I download mcphling 5.prc from the page.
  18.    #18  
    So...back to the beginning...why won't this "prc" file install? That
    question still has not been answered.

IGO
    I give up, works fine on mine.
    I've done this successfully emailing a prc file to myself and opening via snappermail.