1.    #1  
    I've got a question I would like answered ASAP.

Handspring currently has an offer for existing Treo users to 'upgrade' their Treo to a Sprint Treo 600 for only $399.

Sprint also has a deal where if you sign up for a new account with a two year agreement you can get $150 credit.

Now, is it possible to combine this offer together and get the best of both worlds? I went into a Sprint store and asked the people there and they were completely baffled on wiether this was possible or not. After the sales rep went to the backroom to talk to her boss for an hour, my question was left unresolved, at least until tomorrow or the day after that. I'm dying to get my new Treo and this question has been burning me up :P.

I want to know because if the deal doesnt work, then i'd rather just walk into a Sprint store and walk out with a Treo instead of waiting for Handspring to deliver it to me in 2-3 weeks (high demand :\).

So if anyone has some expertice in this, take a look at

http://handspring.com/promos/treo600...uestid=1187124

and

http://handspring.com/promos/treo600_sprint_promo.jhtml

and drop me an email at Avery@averywong.com

Thanks alot!
    If you read some of the past threads, several people have done just what you are asking. The key I believe is to make sure that you call the Sprint phone number that Handspring lists on their website as the CSRs that answers those phones are aware of the Handspring promotion. If you call any of the other Sprint numbers to activate, you're probably not going to get so lucky.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, i'll probably order my phone tomorrow and see how it works out.

Also, because of a new law that will be in effect (at least where I live) on the 24th of November, you will be able to keep your current phone number when you switch carriers. Im planning to switch from Cingular to Sprint, does anyone know if it is possible to keep your number anytime earlier than 24th?
    Originally posted by Voidus
    Thanks, i'll probably order my phone tomorrow and see how it works out.

Also, because of a new law that will be in effect (at least where I live) on the 24th of November, you will be able to keep your current phone number when you switch carriers. Im planning to switch from Cingular to Sprint, does anyone know if it is possible to keep your number anytime earlier than 24th?
    Since carriers don't like WLNP, they will wait until the clock strikes midnight on 11/24 to implement WLNP.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
  5.    #5  
    Drat, what does the WLNP stand for?
    WLNP = Wireless Number Portability
    Originally posted by KnightOwL
    WLNP = Wireless Number Portability
    Actually, that's WNP. WLNP or Wireless/Local Number Portability is more specific.

But in this discussion they are the same.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by hatoncat

Actually, that's WNP. WLNP or Wireless/Local Number Portability is more specific.

But in this discussion they are the same.
    Whoops, forgot to type the Local part. LMAO!!!
  9.    #9  
    Another question for you sprint techies,

If I were to sign up with a plan today, can I get my number changed after the 24th of november to my old cell number I had with Cingular?
    I dont think so. The switch would have to be done after the 24th. Or maybe if you keep service with Cingular untill after the 24th, maybe then they could switch it. Hatoncat would probably have more info.
    Right now the answer is probably. You will probably be able to take a number from one carrier to a current account number on another carrier.

But... I stress, do not count on portability working at all come November 24. I would not count on any of this working until Janurary at the earilest. These companies have "agreements" with each other, but I just see a lot of system failing to work.

While everyone hails WLNP, I see it as the potential Y2K-bug of cell phones. Think about it: PCS-to-PCS relies on prefixes. With WLNP, prefixes are no longer carrier-dependent. Carriers are going to lock up real fast in doing switches when they realize that some of their oldest systems can't handle these changes...
    ChristopherPrice.net
    I have a bad feeling about WLNP myself. Hope it dont screw things up to bad.
  13.    #13  
    Hrmm thanks for the info

Maybe I should just live with my new number then. I'll have to reprint my buisiness cards and toss out my crate of 2500 cards with my current number on it lol :P Too bad is full color and glossy on both sides so I can't write on it :\