1.    #1  
    My 1-year contract with Sprint expires next month. I have the following:

300/unlimited minutes ($30)
    Unlimited Vision ($10)
    Buisness Connection Personal ($5)

My new 600 should be here in a couple of days. I'm wondering what strategy I should use to activate my phone. Will I be able to get a better deal before I turn on the 600 or after?

Any advice? Thanks!
    Activating your phone will have no bearing on your contract with Sprint (unless you extend your contract to waive the $36 ESN swap fee - which can easily be waived by saying that the online activation (which doesn't have this fee) doesn't work).

Sounds like you have a good plan. Try giving the Retention department a call (tell a customer service rep you want to be transferred to the "cancellation department"). Retention reps can offer one-time credits and better, unlisted plans in order to keep you as a customer, provided you agree to a new 1 or 2 year agreement.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by dukdukgoos
    My 1-year contract with Sprint expires next month. I have the following:

300/unlimited minutes ($30)
    Unlimited Vision ($10)
    Buisness Connection Personal ($5)

My new 600 should be here in a couple of days. I'm wondering what strategy I should use to activate my phone. Will I be able to get a better deal before I turn on the 600 or after?

Any advice? Thanks!

I was in exactly the same boat, everything except BC. Called CSR after I got my 600 but pretended I didn't have it yet. I asked for any incentives to renew my contract - she didn't offer much. So I said I want to cancel and got transfered to 'retentions.' This is where I wanted to start with. Anyway, I then mentioned that I want to renew my contract and possibly get a new phone. She gave me $150 credit for two year renewal toward a new phone (she said activation within 30 days), 8 pm N&W, free PCS to PCS with the same plan. I forgot to ask for the 5% loyalty discount but maybe they only offer it to 3 yr old customers. Waited 2 hrs and then activated my 600 and made sure there was no activation fee. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!