1.    #1  
    Here's a link to a thread on pdaphonehome's Treo 600 page with an intersting idea, and pictures to prove it works. I think I'm going to try it.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=11632
    Last edited by libmanj; 10/26/2003 at 10:31 PM.
    I am sure it works, just afraid to screw up my warentee from sandisk. BTW your link does not work, or at least at the time of the writing of this posting, take care, jay

ps so far so good with the tape on the card!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks dessert, I have fixed the above link.

The only reason I don't want to do the tape on the card is because I'd like to use a card reader for faster transfers.
    You r welcome. I assume you mean it will not fit into your reader with the tape on? That seems not to be a prob with mine, but Uut I can surely understand how thta would be aprob in some designs of reader/writers. take care, jay
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    You r welcome. I assume you mean it will not fit into your reader with the tape on? That seems not to be a prob with mine, but Uut I can surely understand how thta would be aprob in some designs of reader/writers. take care, jay
    Actually not. If you put tape on it, I'm sure it sticks more, making it difficult to continously transfer between Treo and cardreader. I think the tape would be better if you just wanted to leave the SD card in the Treo at all times.
    Gosh, why file it - why not use the bench grinder! Touch once and you're done. Touch twice and it's done. Touch three times and you buy a new one!javascript:smilie('')
    javascript:smilie('')

Seriously, I'll break out the bench grinder and do it that way.

Ben

--------

Originally posted by libmanj
    Here's a link to a thread on pdaphonehome's Treo 600 page with an intersting idea, and pictures to prove it works. I think I'm going to try it.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=11632
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I filed down my sd card as well, it worked great.

I taped my orginal treo fake plastic card to my SanDisk 256. This way I could make sure I didn't overfile.

Then a used my Dremel to file it down, buffed it out a little with a buffer pad, and finally painted it back to match my phone.

I am very happy with the results.

Good Luck