Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Good day, From reading posts on this site, I have discovered that datebk5 which I would like to buy, does not support the 5way for the t600. However, a number of posts have said that the creator is working on it. Has it happened yet? thank you and do take care, Jay
    I still like it better than the native datebook.

And remember, if you are needing to be in a handsfree mode, use the native Calendar--it's still in sync the next time you can use a stylus.

As I recall you have a disability, so I'm not sure how crucial the 5-way is for you, or whether you can use the stylus in a limited fashion.

The main time I would need to use the stylus would be to alter details or time of an event. It's true you can't do this with the current version of DateBk 5, though you might try to make these changes when you are back at your PC/Mac/desktop/laptop.

A lot of other functions are OK without a stylus.
    You can change the views (today, this week, etc.) by simply repeatedly pressing the Calendar button, for example.

If you want to post or PM more about any limitations you have, I can try out the DateBk functions with that in mind and see how it seems to stack up...

Finally, you might just prefer some of it's display options better, even if the data entry / editing is all through Calendar, but then again, just a slighly improved display may not be worth the price tag.

Tell the developer your issues and maybe they'll work with you.

Good Luck!!!
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the input and remembering that I am disabled. I have read all over this board that datebk5 is much better than the native calender. It also seems to be the one more of the mebers are using and happy with than the others.

I do have one more ? Will I have a problem if I download the trail and decide not to keep it. In other words will removing it screw up my native calender?

Thanks again and do take care, jay
    The developer has released a new version of datebk5 that adds support for the 5-way navigator:

http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/datebk5-v51a-sa.zip

From announcement:

Treo600 - a signficantly improved implementation of the rocker switch is
    included here. Don't expect it to be identical to how the built-in calendar
    app uses this rocker (not sure I like how it's implemented in their calendar
    app anyway in some cases). And yes, I do expect to add more refinements to
    this as time goes on, but it's now very usable in the day view. Look at the
    Read-Me file for details on it. Note that if you have SCROLL TIME THEN DAY
    unchecked, a page down on a blank screen or in the last event of a day
    automatically pops up the NEW button list for you which makes it easy to
    create new events, ToDo's just using the rocker dial. Times can now be
    entered without numlock, the accented character problem is fixed, etc.
    Hope that helps...
  5.    #5  
    will try it now, thanks and do take care, jay
    Hi Jay,

I'm probably almost as happy as you about the update to DateBk 5 (though I haven't tried it yet) !

In any event, if you still decide it's not as facile as the Calendar program native to the Treo, it won't mess up your data with a few minor exceptions: your alarm settings may not keep and certain features like the advance display of events if set may not be remain active.

These really are pretty minor, however, and I doubt it should be much of an issue. Especially if you don't set a lot of these things during your "trial period."

Let me know what you think of the new version!

Take care.
    I had better luck with the "S9 interim preview" of 5.1a.

According to the readme file this version "Adds full navigation support for Treo 600 5-way Navigator dial (in a manner basically identical to Tungsten 5-way Navigator dial) ".

However, the readme also notes:

"Known issues not yet addressed, not verified:

Pin Mgr V-1.1 support not added yet for T3, so some display anomalies are still expected.
    TREO 600 - navigation through all the controls on a form requires some rework on many of the forms to make them navigate "nicely"
    TREO 600 1 report: having some problem with characters in extended character set
    TREO 600 1 report: TREO 600 not automatically shutting off (My Treo600 and the Treo600 simulator power off normally though)"

So, the author of Datebk5 owns a Treo 600! Even if he didn't, I'm confident these little bugs would have been worked out. This is by far the best calendar software for the Palm OS.

The link for the S9 version is on the main Datebk5 page, though it does not note that it is modified for the T600:

Tungsten T3, Clie UX-50 or Garmin iQue3600? Download this S9 interim preview for support of these new device's features. You MUST use this version with the new UX-50!
  8.    #8  
    [i]

Pin Mgr V-1.1 support not added yet for T3, so some display anomalies are still expected.

So, the author of Datebk5 owns a Treo 600! Even if he didn't, I'm confident these little bugs would have been worked out. This is by far the best calendar software for the Palm OS. [/B]
    Yes, I too have display anomalies and wantedd to post ehre about it and email them, well it looks like i will not have to. So far I love datebk5 much better than the t600 own's calender. take care, jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 10/28/2003 at 05:16 PM.
    I see there is a new update to Datebk5

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5-v51a-sc.zip

Claims to have more T600 support, will be trying it tonight.
    I have a question. If the ringer is turned off, will alarms set in Datebk5 vibrate?
    The latest 51a-sc version does not seem to implement using the rocker down to move the cursor into the times in the calendar, although it seems to imply it will do so in the read me.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5-v51a-sc.zip
    I just downloaded the most recent version and I don't understand how to get the alarms to vibrate much less work with Treo Butler Attention Grabber. Do they work with Alert manager? Did Pimlico really not include a vibrate function for alarms???
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    I just downloaded the most recent version and I don't understand how to get the alarms to vibrate much less work with Treo Butler Attention Grabber. Do they work with Alert manager? Did Pimlico really not include a vibrate function for alarms???
    From any page in Datebk, select menu / preferences (or menu /options / preferences. Select the Alarm tab. The first 3 lines let you select alarm preset, vibrate and flashing LED for alarms.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    It says "Datebok handles alarms" w/ a check box and then right under that, nothing (I noticed all this first while reading the manual) then "Sounds & Buttons" no vibrate or led option. Is this enabled after you register or something?
    That's interesting. Not sure about the registration, as I've been using it for years. And it's always handled vibrating alarms. You are using the si preview version, correct?

I assume you DID check the "Datebk5 handles alarms" box, right?

There is a datebk group on Yahoo groups (groups.yahoo.com) that can probably answer this question for you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I just downloaded another copy and installed again and its got the vibrate and led check boxes. thanks for the help and quick replies.
    As Meyerweb points out, the latest version of DateBk5 which I believe is "V-5.1a, sj", can be found at the Yahoo "pimlicodatebk" user group and does support vibrating alarms (as well as 5-way Navigation)!
    Ndugu
    Folks, how about just going here

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5.htm

look on the right hand side, the latest version (as of this posting it was Si), is available. I have been using this for a long time on the treo 600 and it supports all the 5way features one would expect.

Unbeatable in any category and is a hella lot more usable than agendus or pocket informant for the pocket pc.

/v
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Originally posted by vgill
    Folks, how about just going here

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5.htm

look on the right hand side, the latest version (as of this posting it was Si), is available. I have been using this for a long time on the treo 600 and it supports all the 5way features one would expect.

Unbeatable in any category and is a hella lot more usable than agendus or pocket informant for the pocket pc.

/v
    Nope. I have this version, and it still doesn't fully support the 5-way functionality. Don't get me wrong.....I LOVE the program and have been using it since datebk3, but you can't scroll through the days of a week in week view, nor select a day in week view. Also, the Calendar hard button doesn't scroll through the different views, even though I have the function set through the preferences.

I'm going to keep using it, but I can only hope for a much better upgrade soon....
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/

All anouncements about Beta versions including great 5-way support
    .no sig.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast