Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

...you can't scroll through the days of a week in week view...

True, but you do not need to: week/month views on a Treo 600 are hardly worth using except to see a whole week at a glance. Week view is designed to scroll by week. Day view by day, etc. One can scroll by day in day view.

... nor select a day in week view...

Half or mostly true. If one is in week view for the current week, the current day flashes. If you press rocker-center that will take you to a full screen view of the current day's events. Fromt here you need to tap the screen. But I would never do this from week view. Just for a glance.

...Also, the Calendar hard button doesn't scroll through the different views, even though I have the function set through the preferences.

You have it set incorrectly then. And I know, it's a bit confusing to configure, but it definitely works correctly. In fact, I've got DB5 configured to work like a mini-launcher for DB5's enahnced versions of MEMO, TODO, CALENDAR, CONTACTS. Each of these is mapped to one of the four hardware buttons and these buttons will only launch them while in 'DB5 mode.' Not in 'DB5 mode' then the hardware buttons return to your custom configurations.

As far as not having full 5-Way support, for as complex a program as this, it has an amazing amount of 5-Way support, including FULL 5-Way support in ALL the Pref menus.

FYI, I will post all the Treo 600 5-Way indicators later. I think you(s) will find at least a few things about 5-Way support in DB5.1a.Sj you did not know.
    These are for all the recent step releases though 5.1a.Si. Sj is listed separately at the end. Also, if you are thinking about getting the most current version Sj, I reccommend waiting for Sk as it will include a few fixes that cropped up in Sj. Sk will be most likely be available by the end of the weekend.

These are listed in order of their step release sequence, whihch means that the most recent support forthe 5-Way,etc., are last.

(I keep a DTG file of this on my Treo for reference.)

If the insert pointer is in the first character position of a field, Rocker Up/Down will move to the prior and next event on that day.

Rocker Up/Down will move upwards and downwards through lines in the field and will move to the next/previous item if moved up on the top line of the field or moved down on the last line of the field.

If the insert pointer is to the left of the first character and Rocker Left is pressed, Datebk5 moves to the prior day (as it would if the insert pointer were not displayed).

If the insert pointer is to the right of the last character and Rocker Right is pressed, DateBk5 moves to the next day.

Option/Rocker Left moves to the prior week on the same day of the week and Option/Rocker Right moves to the next week.

To move to the next day when the insert pointer is in the left-most character position, press rocker left and then rocker right twice (at that point, no item is selected and rocker right will then continue moving to the next day on each tap).

Rocker Center acts like a push on the jog dial or Navigator button: if nothing is selected (no insert pointer), it moves to today's date. If an item is selected (insert pointer displayed), it toggles between displaying the Details, Note (if present), or Link (if present).

If Scroll Time Then Day is not set, the cursor would normally stop at the end of the day, so if you press Rocker Down under these conditions, the Popup list on the NEW button will appear so you can select from that list to create a new event, ToDo, etc. If you press Rocker Up at the top of the day, the focus moves to the split-screen if it is open.

To get to the controls at the bottom of the screen directly, pressing Rocker Down on an empty screen or at the bottom of the screen when Scroll Time then Day is not set, or by pressing Option/Rocker Down (Option does not need to be held down). Option/Rocker down is implemented at this point in the day view, graphical weekly view and list views.

A rocker up/down in the split-screen that does not move the highlight bar (because the bar is already at the top/bottom of the list), will remove the focus from the split-screen window. If you then press Rocker Down, the focus (insert pointer) is put on the first item on the day, whilst if you press Rocker Up, the focus is put on the last item on the day.

To switch the focus quickly from split-screen to the main table or vice-versa, press the Option button and then Rocker Center.
    The menu button in the day view first brings up the regular menu. Press it a second time to bring up the split-screen menu. Press a third time to close the menu.

To bring up the Saved Views Selection dialog, press Option/{Period}.

Option/Return will toggle the completion status of an event or ToDo in either the main day table, split-screen display or the list view. Note that unlike the built-in application, you do not need to hold the Option button down (so you can do this with one-hand).
    Option/Space in the Day View when an item is selected, pops up the context-sensitive list (as if a TapAndHold had been done on the description field of the item).

Set Time Dialog: You do not use navigation to select the hours and minutes here, but rather just key in the time using the numbers (no need to hit option button). Use 'a' or 'p' to select am or pm time after keying in time and use backspace to clear and start over. Enter moves from Start time to End Time and then closes the dialog. So to set the time 3:34pm, after entering the dialog, you would key in 334p{enter}{enter}.

Keyguard is now temporarily disabled for the Alarm dialog when it first appears but (new in sd version) only if you check the box in the Sounds & Buttons dialog of the Alarms tab of the main DateBk5 Preference panel (Options | Preferences in any view), so you can silence alarm repetitions in the normal manner (press down on the alarm screen (preferably top right where no controls are present). Note that after the Treo shuts off, if you manually power on and the alarm dialog is displayed, keyguard is enabled (as it should be).

In the Address Record Details screen (when you tap on an item in split-screen), the letters 'd', 'n' and 'g' on the Treo keyboard will invoke the DIAL, NOTE and GOTO buttons as a shortcut and key-accessible feature). You can also press Option/Rocker Down to highlight buttons on the bottom row and use rocker left/right to select them and Rocker down to operate the buttons.

Note: to have the Datebook button cycle through the views, you may need to go into the Views tab of the main DateBk5 Preference panel (Options | Preferences in any view) and put a '2' in the popup list next to the date legend since the Datebook function is on the second hardware button and not the first hardware button like most Palm OS devices. This is now done automatically by DateBk5 on any new installation.

Toggle completion of events and ToDo's in the List View using menu item in Record Menu (on Treo600, Option/Return will also toggle the completion of those events).

Option/left and Option/Right now move back and forwards by one week in the day view.

Insert pointer in Day View now moves off the event regardless of character position when Rocker-Up/Down are issued at the top/bottom line of the field.

Handles case of Rocker Right moving insert pointer into a collapsed field (where maximum number of lines was limited) and expands it.

Option/Rocker Center toggles focus between main table and split-screen window, Option/Down goes directly to put focus on NEW button in Day View and Address Details view.

Added in current SJ release:

Restores Option/Space to popup context-sensitive list (function was ok in SH, but got lost in SI due to other changes).

Now caters to Treo600's use of the sort-by-company field to mean sort-by-first/last name as there is no company sort on a Treo600. Also automatically sets/clears the preference setting for first/last name sort in split tab.

Restores proper operation of Option/Rocker down in full-screen mode and Address Details

Fixes problem of deleted items not disappearing from screen when option is set to hide and item is deleted using Option/Return to check it off.

Thanks to CESD for these readmefirst notes.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9
    [B]
    ...you can't scroll through the days of a week in week view...

True, but you do not need to: week/month views on a Treo 600 are hardly worth using except to see a whole week at a glance. Week view is designed to scroll by week. Day view by day, etc. One can scroll by day in day view.

That may be YOUR opinion, but I for one keep DB5 in week view, since that is the view I prefer. If just the left and right nav keys scrolled through the weeks, that would be fine. But up and down nav keys also scroll, which is just lame, IMHO.

... nor select a day in week view...

Half or mostly true. If one is in week view for the current week, the current day flashes. If you press rocker-center that will take you to a full screen view of the current day's events. Fromt here you need to tap the screen. But I would never do this from week view. Just for a glance.

If you have to tap the screen to see a full day, you do NOT have 5-way support! DB5 should work like ZLauncher: in Week View, you press the center key to highlight the current day. You press the center key again to see that day view, or you can scroll using the up and down nav keys to highlight any other day of the week. Then, a center button press to see that day in full view. A press of the Calendar button returns you to week view (or the default view), and pressing the Calendar button repeatedly should scroll through the chosen views. The left and right nav keys can still be used to scroll through the weeks (or days, or months, or years). This should NOT be that hard to do!

...Also, the Calendar hard button doesn't scroll through the different views, even though I have the function set through the preferences.

You have it set incorrectly then. And I know, it's a bit confusing to configure, but it definitely works correctly. In fact, I've got DB5 configured to work like a mini-launcher for DB5's enahnced versions of MEMO, TODO, CALENDAR, CONTACTS. Each of these is mapped to one of the four hardware buttons and these buttons will only launch them while in 'DB5 mode.' Not in 'DB5 mode' then the hardware buttons return to your custom configurations.
    You have this on a Treo 600, or some other device?? I was not aware you can use the far right button (power/keyguard) to map anything. But if I have it set incorrectly, please, please, tell me how to correctly set this function! As I said, I have been using the software for many years and through many versions, and I have been setting it the same as always. And it has always worked perfectly, from the III to the V to the m505 to the m515. Only on the Treo 600 does it not seem to work......

Note: to have the Datebook button cycle through the views, you may need to go into the Views tab of the main DateBk5 Preference panel (Options | Preferences in any view) and put a '2' in the popup list next to the date legend since the Datebook function is on the second hardware button and not the first hardware button like most Palm OS devices. This is now done automatically by DateBk5 on any new installation.

Thanks elysian. This solved my problem. I am happy with Datebook5 once again
    Ed
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Originally posted by edkalama

Thanks elysian. This solved my problem. I am happy with Datebook5 once again

Thanks! The Calendar button is now fully functional again....maybe I should have read the manual......

Now, if they would only fix the 5-way nav support so I can use it in Week View.......
    Originally posted by dcpmark

Now, if they would only fix the 5-way nav support so I can use it in Week View.......
    You really do need to join the Yahoo discussion group and ply your 5-Way week view request there. CESD is very responsive to suggestions. You may get what you want. And the users in this group have a lot of experience with the app, and can be very helpful. I see a quite a few Treo 600 users on that board, including some from TC.

You have this on a Treo 600, or some other device?? I was not aware you can use the far right button (power/keyguard) to map anything. But if I have it set incorrectly, please, please, tell me how to correctly set this function! As I said, I have been using the software for many years and through many versions, and I have been setting it the same as always. And it has always worked perfectly, from the III to the V to the m505 to the m515. Only on the Treo 600 does it not seem to work......
    Yes, Treo 600. Did you figure out how to map ALL four hardware buttons?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

You really do need to join the Yahoo discussion group and ply your 5-Way week view request there. CESD is very responsive to suggestions. You may get what you want. And the users in this group have a lot of experience with the app, and can be very helpful. I see a quite a few Treo 600 users on that board, including some from TC.
    I actually joined yesterday for a few hours......then I started getting dozens of emails on tropics or issues I don't really care about, so I unsubscribed. Is there are way to limit the number of emails or topics you receive from discussion groups??

I actually joined yesterday for a few hours......then I started getting dozens of emails on tropics or issues I don't really care about, so I unsubscribed. Is there are way to limit the number of emails or topics you receive from discussion groups??
    I know what you mean. No, either you get the emails or you don't. I quickly look at the subject headers and delete them all except for the ones that look interesting. Anything from CESD, I'll read.

Alternately, you could turn off the email feature, and just occasionally have a look from your desktop, when you feel like it, and just read through the stuff that's relevant for you.

Thanks! The Calendar button is now fully functional again....maybe I should have read the manual......

BTW, have you tried the view that has the 5 horizontal-line-vertically positioned icon?

I get between 3 and 5 days on a single screen with that view and it has full 5-Way support. That should give you a full work week (if not too heavy with events) or at least 3.

I dealt with this by selecting the No Emails option. I just go to yahoo groups to read the forum, and it's a pretty simple matter to ignore those messages you have no interest in.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Yes, Treo 600. Did you figure out how to map ALL four hardware buttons?
    Yep.....thanks again! And I've now joined the group without emails, so I'll be making my request soon....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12