1.    #1  
    hi guys-

i'm new to palm and treos and i just got my treo 600. its great and i love it and i've been installing lots of programs on it, trying to get them to work.

like java, real player, etc.... and many of them dont work. now i want to remove these from my treo. i've done it by hitting menu at the applications screen and then choosing delete and removing the programs i dont need. but now a program that has been confirmed to work on this site, like palmvnc, cause my treo 600 to reboot after starting it and trying to connect.

i'm afraid that the other programs have screwed up my palm os. i know with windows/linux you can do a clean install, kinda wipe the disk and start over. is there something similar in palm?

what suggestions do you have for reinstalling and deleting applications and palm os 5 ? what should i backup first and how do i do it?

thanks for the help, this is a great site!!!
    Originally posted by wahooka
    hi guys-

i'm new to palm and treos and i just got my treo 600. its great and i love it and i've been installing lots of programs on it, trying to get them to work.

like java, real player, etc.... and many of them dont work. now i want to remove these from my treo. i've done it by hitting menu at the applications screen and then choosing delete and removing the programs i dont need. but now a program that has been confirmed to work on this site, like palmvnc, cause my treo 600 to reboot after starting it and trying to connect.

i'm afraid that the other programs have screwed up my palm os. i know with windows/linux you can do a clean install, kinda wipe the disk and start over. is there something similar in palm?

what suggestions do you have for reinstalling and deleting applications and palm os 5 ? what should i backup first and how do i do it?

thanks for the help, this is a great site!!!

Hotsync to back up your Treo. You can then do a hard reset (look it up) to clear all programs in RAM (main memory). Then go into your Treo backup folder on your desktop and delete the offending app if it's there. Then HotSync to recover your other programs (reload them back into RAM).
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply

will having a program in the backup folder cause it to be re-hotsynced to my treo?

or do i have to manually selected those again to be re-sent to the treo, so leaving the old programs in the backup folder can't hurt.

btw, i have already deleted those that i know dont work, but a few programs that i have in there i dont want to reload on the treo now, but keep them there in case later i want to.

thanks again
  4.    #4  
    posted twice by accident
    thanks for the reply

will having a program in the backup folder cause it to be re-hotsynced to my treo?
    Yes.

btw, i have already deleted those that i know dont work, but a few programs that i have in there i dont want to reload on the treo now, but keep them there in case later i want to.

thanks again
    When you HotSync, if you have deleted an app on the Treo, it should get moved from the Backup folder into the Archive folder and shouldn't be loaded when you HotSync in the future.