Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    OK, so I reset the Treo. Remove all the installed software from it. Uninstall Palm Desktop and Pocket Mirror.

So now I have a fresh virgin device. So I enter a contact manually on the handheld. Try to send an SMS and it works (well it doesn't crash).

So now I'm reinstalling Palm Desktop and Pocket Mirro and we'll see if it works after only syncing the contacts.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    I think I have the solution for you (above).
    Originally posted by sdotson
    Outlook. However I use Palm Desktop to install 3rd party apps.
    After a hard reset, click Hotsync Manager and choose custom. Set all the outlook conduits to 'Desktop overwrites handheld,' but system conduit to 'Handheld overwrites desktop.' Sync. All other 3rd party apps should not load. This should work but I've read a thread about corrupted contacts databases from syncing to outlook. But try it and see what happens.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    I think I have the solution for you (above).
    Sorry, this did not work. Still resets once you select the contact. Thank you for the suggestion however.

Chem Eng. After a completley clean install it still crashes. Perhaps this is a problem for Handspring?

I will attempt the suggestion in your last post however.
    Sean Dotson, PE
  5.    #25  
    Nope. That didn't work either.

Have you guys run out of ideas yet.

I'm syncing with the software that came on the CD. PalmDesktop and PocketMirror with Outlook 2000.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm beginning to think there is some other problem here (From a search I do see there are a few others that have had the same issue however)
    Sean Dotson, PE
    Nope. That didn't work either.

Have you guys run out of ideas yet.

I'm syncing with the software that came on the CD. PalmDesktop and PocketMirror with Outlook 2000.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm beginning to think there is some other problem here (From a search I do see there are a few others that have had the same issue however)
    Did any third party app get installed? I also sync with OL 2000. Do you set your Pocketmirror settings to sync with handheld categories only (less than 15 categories)? The categories segragation could be another problem.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #27  
    I set it to use less than 15 categories and then set the Desktop to overrite the handheld.

Tell me more about the categories problem.

In my Outlook I do have multiple categories checked for some contacts.

Another oddity. When I enter the contacts selection from SMS and click on a phone # with the stylus it girst highlights the first phone number in the list (At the top of the page) then on the second tap it highlights the number I want and promptly crashes.
    Sean Dotson, PE
  8.    #28  
    Well some good news..

I deleted all contacts from Outlook. Did a overwrite of no contacts to the handheld. Now I added a new contact in OL and resynced.

It worked.

Added another and it worked.

So it must have something to do with the formatting of the contacts in OL. What exactly I'm not sure.

Again, thanks for your time and help.
    Sean Dotson, PE

In my Outlook I do have multiple categories checked for some contacts.
    Palm 'Contacts' database does not support multiple categories - hasn't for a long time. I cannot be sure this is the problem. I started using Palm right after I started using Outlook, so I was aware of that missing feature off the bat and avoided it altogether. Make a backup of your personal folder file and play with your contacts categories. Try just one category per entry. Or try deleting contacts with multiple categories just to experiment. Sorry, this can be somewhat of a pain. Think of it as an adventure.
    I deleted all of my contacts from the phone and did a hotsync. Be sure to backup your contacts in Outlook first! I then went to Outlook and transfered one contact back to the contact folder. Did a hotsync and a test. Did this one at a time with all of my contacts except for one duplicate that Outlook complained about. Now my Treo doesn't reset anymore... at least not in regards to that issue...
    I'm getting the reset problem, but don't use Outlook. The reset problem happens with Picture Mail for me as I don't use SMS, but picture mail seems to run off of that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12