Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are there any good and cheap IMAP email clients available for the Treo 600? In particular, I'm looking for one that will download headers and not download all message text.
    I would also like to know of a T600 IMAP client that is very good...no matter the cost. I would love to buy snappermail, but they only allow for POP and SMTP. I emailed them and they said they will support IMAP in 'months'. That does not sound very soon to me.

Any ideas?
    I agree. I'd love to find an IMAP client app. for the T600 (Palm 5.x) that would work in an Exchange 2K secure enviroment. Snapper seems to get great reviews, but POP is a pain from a useability standpoint and not secure from a corp. standpoint.
  4.    #4  
    I'm certainly glad that there is interest in a good IMAP client for the Palm OS 5.x. I hope the Palm software developers are reading this.
    Chatter has IMAP functionality, but otherwise is pretty stripped-down as an eMail app (I designed it to be able to get real pushed email, reply, etc. But I don't have a need for attachments and other "power" features, so these don't exist in it). Can you tell me what IMAP features you'd like supported?

Marc
    OK. Maybe it's just me, but..... I can't find "Chatter" on the web. I've found a few people talking abut it on multiple sites, but i can't find it. I'd like to look at what it does today to be able to tell you what I might think it is missing. Where do I find it?

Originally posted by mblank
    Chatter has IMAP functionality, but otherwise is pretty stripped-down as an eMail app (I designed it to be able to get real pushed email, reply, etc. But I don't have a need for attachments and other "power" features, so these don't exist in it). Can you tell me what IMAP features you'd like supported?

Marc
    I made the experience that the IMAP Clients often will not work well in combination with MS Exchane. For example you can download the headers and also request the whole mail if you wanne read it but then you can reply with the imap client. So I wouldn't spend money on an imap client to use it with MS Exchange until it is specified in the manual that it works with MS Exchange.

Robert
    If you could just duplicate snappermail's capabilities into an IMAP client for the Treo600 - I think you will have succeeded.

Apart from what you have done already, I would put attachments at the top of the list. Start working on attachment viewing, saving, etc. and you will have a stronger and more competitive product.

By the way, where is your email client located on the web? Where can I download?
    -Andrew
    Iambic Mail supports IMAPv4 and works on the Treo 600. The 5-Way nav works to a point, but not how I would like it to. I found that I had to touch the screen too much compared to Snapper Mail. I never had the unit crash though using it. Check it out. They have a 15 trial. Maybe it will fit your needs.

http://www.iambic.com/mail/palmos/

It also has SMS support so when Sprint gets SMS working, you could have a one stop client that will do both.
    The big thing that's hard to find is IMAP w/SSL support. This is critical for most business-related e-mail systems (and is just a good idea in general). PaPi supports this, but it works in a rather painful manner.
    Jahead - When you say cheap.. do you mean free?

Sprint's BC can connect via IMAP and has the ability to do Headers only when syncing. Of course BC is not free but it has the security aspects as well.
  13.    #13  
    I'm asking in anticipation for the GSM Treo 600, so the Sprint service won't work for me.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Also check out basejet at www.basejet.com. I believe it has the features you are looking for.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Basejet won't do SSL, at least according to their FAQ

I tried VersaMail, which I thought worked, but now my Treo 600 crashes everytime I try to access the "Mail Servers" option.
    Bakaneko, which version of VersaMail were you using? See my post in the following thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t38731/s.html

--Mike
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Versamail 2.5, but I gave up on it after repeated crashes. Trying to use Business Connection now, but getting a little frustrated by the "client must be running on a desktop" requirement.
    It all depends on what you are accessing. Public POP and public IMAP don't need the Desktop Connector running but you will have limited features. If you are trying to access to email inside your corporation that is firewalled off then the Desktop Connector serves as your relay station to pull and re-direct things as needed to you on the go and on the road.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Really? Then I'm doing something wrong/missing something... Since when I launch BC, hit the sync button, and my desktop is not on/not running the sync client, it just fails saying it cannot find the desktop client. I am using a publicly available IMAPS connection to get mail...
    Bakaneko - The way it works in general which many people may not realize is if you configure the connector from the desktop then the desktop must be running. If you configure your connectivity via the Web Interfacein the Settings -> Services ->Add and the Service configured can get to the email server through public means then you don't have to have the desktop connector. So for example this is where you would configure your POP access and once setup then you can access POP without the Desktop running. The Desktop Connections offer more services, typically when you configure to Exchange for example.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast