Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so, what are the chances that handsping will be selling the gsm version tonight\this morning?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    so, what are the chances that handsping will be selling the gsm version tonight\this morning?
    I've been wondering that all day. The most optimistic report is Monday morning at 9AM on the HS web site. Would that be Pacific time?
    Originally posted by Felipe
    I've heard the same rumor as elysian9, 9am Pacific time for Treo 600 on Handsprings website.

I'll be checking in after midnight just in case though......

I can just picture the hoard of GSM users repeatedly clicking on the refresh button on Handsprings site waiting for the update to be posted.

See you all there...............
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I'll be staying up till 2am Central just to see if it becomes available on their site. Sad, but true.
    If it is anything like the Sprint 600 was, I wouldn't wait up all night. I did that with the Sprint on HS site and it didn't come up on the site until late in the morning.
    Originally posted by pcsnpixels
    If it is anything like the Sprint 600 was, I wouldn't wait up all night. I did that with the Sprint on HS site and it didn't come up on the site until late in the morning.
    Thanks for letting us know. I assume the 9AM EST rumor is probably the best thing to follow. However, I know I'll check HS at 6AM CST before I leave for work, then constantly once I get to work tomorrow!

By the way, where are you located? You say "late in the morning"; I'm wondering what time that would be for me (Central time).
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Prismatic: "I can just picture the hoard of GSM users repeatedly clicking on the refresh button on Handsprings site waiting for the update to be posted."

Can you say "Slashdot Effect"? :-)

Oh, and, Treocentral moderators -- it's going to get busy here in the morning with the GSMers posting their customer service experiences (or despair if it's delayed)... Hang in there!

<<Tips hat to the mods>>
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Is It Pacific time or Eastern time?
    Am I crazy? I set up a program to check Handsprings site every 15 minutes to see if the Treo 600 purchasing page changes, and if it does it will send an SMS message to my phone. I suppose I'll have to sleep with my phone next to me tonight.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Is It Pacific time or Eastern time?
    OOPS! My bad. I meant 9AM Pacific.

My mind is a little messed up tonight. Anticipation.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Originally posted by johnd23
    Am I crazy? I set up a program to check Handsprings site every 15 minutes to see if the Treo 600 purchasing page changes, and if it does it will send an SMS message to my phone. I suppose I'll have to sleep with my phone next to me tonight.
    Slick! Since there is definately no way my programming skills can craft such an invention, would you be so kind as to put my # in the prog?
    Wow! You guys are major GEEKS! Let me guess... software engineers?
    Sorry, I can't set my program up to send to other people, it would be complicated.

I'm sure someone will post to this board as soon as the GSM 600's are available (and after they've already made their purchase).

I'm just hoping they have more stock of GSM 600's than the Sprint one's, those seem to be pretty heavily backordered already.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I'm sure that they'll have enough for the nuts like us waiting to purchase the second it's available.
    funny comment about the software nerds, so being one myself, here you go
    http://www.aignes.com/
    Good luck guys (kinda doubt it's gonna happen tonight though)

Anywho, hope all goes well. I for one am holding off for a few months. Heh, after five replacement 180's I'm no longer willing to accept the early-adopter penalty.

However, the visor dlx and edge which I owned previously were rock solid quality peices of hardware so I'm willing to give them possibly 1 more chance. Judging from all the recent problem posts from CDMA T6's though...

---------------------------------------
    update:
    12:24 Central

Mobile Phone service provider: T-Mobile

Within the next few weeks we expect to ship a version...
    yeah, being an early adopter doesnt always mean the quality sucks...i got my p800 a year ago, and its been rock solid, same with my blackberry, hiptop, and quite a few other products as well...

my primary concern about getting a treo is that something will break or malfunction due to crappy solectron build quality and cheap components.

kind of makes me wish handspring would either use better components, or ditch solectron and find a manufacturing partner in the pacific rim who won't ship half the units with the speakers rattling around...

anyways, hopefully i'll be able to find out soon enough...sunday night...
    Its 1:37 CST, no Treo GSM.. oh well, till the later-morning then.
    -- Go Illini!
    Where's my phone?! This is driving me crazy. Nothing on HS or TMo's site.
    it is 7:26 am eastern time on Monday and there is no update yet, hope to see it soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast