Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Went to a Sprint store during the weekend. A friend of mine is getting Sprint service as well as a treo 600. THe rep did not know that Sprint is coming out with SMS next month. he stated that they usually don't get updated information till about a weeke before there is a release or an update. Lame if you ask me.

He did say that people had been asking for the Treo 600 like crazy. He also said that people were willing to change to a different carrier just to get it and that they did not expect anymore 600s for a couple of weeks.

Treo 600?....the new standard in mobile convergence???

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Does anyone know if carriers pre-load some of their own software on the phone? If I buy a GSM today and then a few weeks later TMo offers the phone through their company, will there be certain software I'll be missing out on having not purchased it through TMo?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. I've never owned a Treo, much less a TRUE smartphone.
    Originally posted by winebrat
    Does anyone know if carriers pre-load some of their own software on the phone? If I buy a GSM today and then a few weeks later TMo offers the phone through their company, will there be certain software I'll be missing out on having not purchased it through TMo?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. I've never owned a Treo, much less a TRUE smartphone.
    If there are any differences you should be able to download an update from the T-mobile at a later date, anyway that is the way it worked for the 270.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    there's no special sw needed on the 600 to access any of T-Mo's features, so i would imagine IF they add anything it would be fluff or their annoying ringtone that somehow managed to work it's way onto my 180g from HS.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Thank you both for the info.
    guys, just thought i would call HS, asked about lauch today, but rep said NOT TODAY, maybe in A FEW DAYS ... but then he said or maybe a few weeks.

>>???>>!!

HS sucks
    This is starting to feel like the Visor all over again. Except its worse, since the Sprint people actually have there's...
    -- Go Illini!
    just got off the phone with a handspring CSR and he said it will be a few more weeks at least. What is going on , can anyone give a proper answer?
    I just called also and the rep said "no".
    I have a feeling its not going to happen.

I guess the "couple of weeks" is going to turnout to be 6-8 weeks. Sigh...

I really can't see any reason why they cannot at least explain the delay. An explanatoin is well deserved.

I have a feeling it will be well into december before the GSM customers get thier new phones.
    can it be that all the reps are not saying anything , and at 9:00am Pacific time they will have the release. Why on Friday they said today and now it is a different story.

They are making all of us nuts
    Did handspring say today? If they did please link me.

T-mobile did say today though, I have an email to prove it.

I just hope it becomes available today, and all of you have no problems ordering your phones. What a happy day that would be.
    Sadly, I live 15 miles from Handspring AND palm!! Its silly how I live in the same area as HS but that people in Europe have the phone 1st. lol, that just doesn't seem right.
    i thought I read it somewhere on Friday that it came from handspring. I could be mistaken.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    What I read suggested that someone from Tmobile stated that HS would release it today, that they (Tmobile) starting supporting it last Friday, and that Tmobile would offer it themselves in November.
    Originally posted by hockey Dad
    i thought I read it somewhere on Friday that it came from handspring. I could be mistaken.
    I received a letter from a T-Mobile CSR stating that the GSM Treo 600 would be available today from The Handspring site. I just checked 9:01 mst nothing yet, but I'm still hopefull.

In Countdown mode...........................
    No good deed goes unpunished
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12