1. arg
    I have a small consultancy and we are interested in buying 3-5 of the treo 600 units. We would love to hear feedback from current users on how well the product would synch with our Outlook email. In particular, how well can you we use the treo 600 to manage email traffic back and forth - both real time over wireless connections or through a synch action with our laptops? Will I be able to detach and view attachments (I presume I would need to download viewer utilities for typical MS Office products - if they exist). I am also very interested in the reliability of these email actions across the Sprint network - mostly major metro areas in TX, CA, OK, FLA .

Thanks to all that respond.
    I don't use Outlook, so I'll just go by what I've read. Good Technologies' Goodlink could be what you are looking for. It will sync Outlook mail and contacts supposedly perfectly. If that's too expensive there are probably a few other mail options.

As for view MS attachments, the Treo 600 comes with a Viewer called Docs to Go (if you buy the package you can also edit them.
    I use the Peronal BC on my home desktop. Synchs w/o problems to Outlook on my W2KPro system. I can access my corp email via an OWA access page through Blazer. Our system is heavily secured and its a PITA, but it works.

As for file attachmments, I haven't yet tried opening any via the BC attachment access software. I could attach files from the desktop to outgoing emails with the T300 and I suppose that I will be able to do this as well with the T600.

Depending upon your corp network, security systems and firewalls, you should be able to accomplish this. I would give the SPCS Enterprise or Business Connection folks a shot at this issue. I suspect that they are a bit better than the usual lousy SPCS Customer Service people that we all suffer with.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Basejet is another option. You can find info here . . The Basejet solution utilizes a software client that is installed on a users computer which is connected to your network. I beleive they may also have a server/enterpriise solution as well.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I have been using Infowave.com's software on my Treo 270 access my Outlook e-mail on our Exchange server. All the descent solutions require Exchange server to really have a seamless mobile e-mail solution.

The only thing is that you will have to leave a desktop computer runnning all the time to "redirect" e-mail to your Treo. The good thing about Infowave's software is that it has a ton of controls for specifiying which of your e-mail get's sent to your Treo. I used it to only sent specific domain names through for my clients, etc. I get a ton of e-mail everyday, but there is only specific e-mail that I consider worthy enough of getting on my Treo. It is great software and it will keep copies of e-mail you send on your handheld on your desktop, etc. It will also also you to accept

http://www.infowave.com

If you are no using an Exchange servfer for e-mail, check out Snappermail for POP3 e-mail access.

http://www.snappermail.com
    Use exchange 2003 server. It has built in mobilie support. It works great.

http://www.microsoft.com/miserver/ev.../OMAEx2003.asp
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Use exchange 2003 server. It has built in mobilie support. It works great.

http://www.microsoft.com/miserver/ev.../OMAEx2003.asp
    Does Outlook Mobile Access give full access to multiple Exchange folders + Public Folders?

Also, do Palm OS PDA's accessing the OMA get the same functionality as Pocket PC or MS Smartphone users? It just says that it supports PDAs. I am worried that MS may be favoring their own OS's here...please tell me if I am wrong!
    I think you will have access to Public Folders, etc. with Exchange 2003. I will know more later this week. We are going to install Exchange 2003 at the office this week.

In regards to farzonalmaneih posting about just using the Exchange 2003 mobile features, Exchange 2003 just supports Outlook Web access via a microbrowser like Blazer. It does not have a Palm app. The difference is like using a mail client versus a Web based e-mail app. If you use e-mail a lot on your mobile device, you will get tired of this fast.
    Originally posted by rduckwor
    ...I can access my corp email via an OWA access page through Blazer...
    Bob Duckworth
    This may be related to the version of my companies' exchange server, but I'm not able to access outlook web mail using Blazer. I get through all of the security logins, but then Blazer hangs (gets stuck in "receive" mode while trying to load my Inbox page. My non-techie guess is that the exchange server is trying to send Blazer a bunch of messages related to loading specific browser components to support OWA, that Blazer doesn't support. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by crabkilla
    I think you will have access to Public Folders, etc. with Exchange 2003. I will know more later this week. We are going to install Exchange 2003 at the office this week.

In regards to farzonalmaneih posting about just using the Exchange 2003 mobile features, Exchange 2003 just supports Outlook Web access via a microbrowser like Blazer. It does not have a Palm app. The difference is like using a mail client versus a Web based e-mail app. If you use e-mail a lot on your mobile device, you will get tired of this fast.
    I don't really understand the difference between a mail client and a web-based email app....can you please explain? Also, WRT to "getting tired of this fast": are you saying this because Blazer will just be looking at the normal OWA screen but on a dinky 160 x 160 screen? So far nobody has been able to tell me if there view into OWA that is optimized for a microbrowser....I know there are 3rd party solutions like leederbyshire.com , but I was hoping Exchange 2003 would have this included.
    Originally posted by crabkilla

Yes it doesnt have its own palm app, but it doesnt need one!

Its NOT OUTLOOK WEBACCESS. I know this, I use it! Its called Outlook Mobile Access, go read the link I posted.

Anyway, it has full functionality. I currently use it on my 270, but it has more of a WAP feel to it rather than nice graphics etc. I suspect that since its new, there isnt a "profile" made for exchange 2003 for it yet. I expect to have a full Palm Graphical version anytime now. Ether way, the WAP style looking version works great. It has all my contacts, calander, folders, etc.