Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that you CAN do an upgrade with a great price. I upgraded from the T300 to T600 via Handspring's website for $399. Just sold my T300 on eBay for $200!!! So, the net is $199!

You can do it too.

Thx,
    TL
    I'm no accountant, but you forgot to factor in what you "paid" for the Treo 300 in your higher math.
    Well, let's see. I upgraded to the Treo600 (had it a week...LOVE IT!!). So, I only paid $399 plus tax (about $425 total). Called Sprint, *****ed and moaned about being a good customer (been with them for 6 years) and how much I pay them a month (between my wife and me, about $300/month). But, NICE *****ing and moaning. Service rep gave me $100 credit for the new phone, and then 1/2 of my monthly service (another $100) credit. Total of $200 credit (just showed up on this month's Sprint PCS bill). So, now I'm down to $225 (including tax). Put my Treo 300 on eBay. Just closed auction at $175!! So, total cost to upgrade to the 600 was $50!!! And, no, I didn't include the original cost of the 300...I got more than one year's service out of a great phone...got my money's worth!

I'm a happy dude!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well, the way I do the math, either I got a $400 dollar credit on the T600 or I got the T300 free for a year (of course they got to keep the interest). Either way, I'm a happy camper. There are numerous stories about a $50 T600, but this one was painless.

BTW, I also got a 5% monthly discount from Sprint for re-upping for another year bringing my total monthly discount to 30% after the other offers I have taken. Since the Sprint T600 won't work on other networks, even with number portability, it was a no-brainer.

Thx,
    TL