Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had a very similar problem. First sync worked fine, tried to send a message and then every sync after that failed (the 0x00000c00005 error or whatever in the log). Turns out it was because I still had the message I had tried to send in the outbox. Deleting that message makes the sync work fine. So the problem for me seemed to be in sending - my smtp server requires a username and password, and I think BC doesn't send it... So it dies on the send and then never finishes the sync.

-e
    eagle - By chance can you post the 0x00000c00005 line and your line after that? It may help us all in comparing problems as that error mesage after that is a clue sometimes.

kd_cooke - More steps coming... give me another couple of hours.
    Wed Oct 29 13:10:00 PST 2003 (1164-756): *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005
    Wed Oct 29 13:10:00 PST 2003 (1164-756): (01): 0x0000338a18 sevenimpl_stringToCharsInCharset
    Thanks Eagle... who knows that may help some others out there if they get ambitous and look in their slingshot.log.
    kd_cooke -

Ok... here are some more steps for you.... kids don't try this at home and please no wagering!

Let's continue to use your test account with no emails in the Inbox.

1. Disconnect the Desktop Connection if it is running.
    2. Go to your Sprint \ PCS Business Connection directory and rename your syncroot to syncroot.old
    3. Rename slingshot to slingshot.old.
    3. Re-start your Desktop Connection. It should be green.
    4. On your device click on Mail -> Settings -> Biz Conn Info
    5. Click on Re-Register. It will tell you that your data is going to be removed for the device. Acknowledge this and it will ask you for your credentials again. Click Ok. It will generate new keys for you which will take a minute or so. It will take you to the sync prefs page.
    5. Now click on sync. Post your logs if it still gives you an error message. If not then send yourself a single email and then sync again.

All you are doing is telling the device to reset itself and we are starting with a fresh sync DB on the client side so everything is fresh.

Report back here as usual.
  6.    #26  
    MobileGhost,

Steps 1 -5 followed... Synching the first time with an empty inbox yielded no error (as far as I can tell; Palm did it's thing without complaining.

I then sent myself a message... Second sync worked!!!!

Before I do anything else... Can you explain what was fixed? Something fishy in the old syncroot directory?

Anyway, before I get too excited, how do I cut this over to my live IMAP inbos without hosing it in the process... I hope to not only change the computer the BS agent is running on, but want to change the IMAP account it's syncing with...

If this sticks, I owe you a beer!
    kd_cooke - Great News, we are one step closer to getting things working but not out of the woods yet. Now here's how you should switch back.. almost the same steps wiith a few differences.

1. Turn off the Radio on your 600.
    2. Shutdown the Desktop Connector.
    3. From the PCS Business Connection click on Tools -> Settings and then the Messaging Tab. Change your credentials back to your original email account.
    4. Rename your slingshot.log and connector.log files (for the purposes of having a fresh log if things go wrong)
    5. Rename your syncroot to syncroot.old
    6. On your T600 turn the radio back on.
    7. On your device click on Mail -> Settings -> Biz Conn Info
    8. Click on Re-Register. It will tell you that your data is going to be removed for the device. Acknowledge this and it will ask you for your credentials again. Click Ok. It will generate new keys for you which will take a minute or so. It will take you to the sync prefs page.
    9. Now click on sync.
    10. Say a short Prayer to the Mobile Gods to have mercy on us.
    11. Post your logs if it still gives you an error message. If not then send yourself a single email and then sync again.

Essentially there was a problem in syncroot but it may have been compounded from existing data from your original syncs that went bad and could not recover. There may still be a problem in the original account email but at least we have a clean slate and log files now.
  8.    #28  
    I think we're running! I've switched over (per your instructions above) to another computer and pointed the PC agent at my personal IMAP account, and all seems good!

I have the first 25 messages synced and I can send and receive w/o any problem (I was unable to set outgoing mail to work with SSL, but it does okay in the clear).

I'm almost afraid to do any more tweeking :-) I don't want it to break!

Couple of observations... Why can't I delete sequential messages w/o exiting to the list view first? Any plans to allow for downloads to the device, rather than email attachement forarding only?

Thanks again MobileGhost!

***** FOLLOWUP *****

I fear I've spoken too soon. After about a half hour of flawless use, my BC connection stopped working. I did NOTHING, it just stoped. I now get a familiar message, "Cannot connect to desktop. Please check your desktop client and try again." I've tried to re-register; no luck.

I'm baffled.
    Last edited by kd_cooke; 10/29/2003 at 11:15 PM.
    Wow... just when I thought we were done. How about we take this one offline? I'll send you a private message. We'll come back here to post results as I'm going to want the logs again and we might as well do that via email.
    I have BC using a POP to my yahoo email. Works like a dream. No need to access yahoo directly on Blazer. BC automatically sysnchs at a specific time then alerts me of new mail. Responding is just as easy.....just respond to the email. Send at that time or let BC send it the next time it does an automatic synch. Excellent!!\

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I have been getting long delays and a "requesting info from exchange server" pop-up at my office. I had not associated this with BC. Do you think it is the same problem y'all are describing?
    socomon - I don't think this is coming from BC but that is curious. Can you post a screenshot of that message. Maybe some others here can comment on it.
    The Screenshot is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12