1.    #1  
    I was just looking at the updated Sprint web site and noticed one of the features the site uses to sell the 600 is "an embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip necessary for utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available". Could this be used for other purposes?
    The consensus from another thread was yes but only with support of the cell provider.
    It would also allow law enforcement officials to track you everywhere you go. The assumption is that they would need a court order in order to compel the telecom to do it. However, according to the "Patriot Act", law enforcement could easily get a court order by crying "National Security."

Basically, Big Brother could be watching you, anywhere, anytime, for any reason.

oppss..did I say all this aloud? You all probably think I'm paranoid now LOL.

Dizzy
    While on the topic of GPS, I noticed earlier today when I was going through some of the options in the phone/dialing area (I think) was on option to select or deselect "location privacy". Food for thought eh...