Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Just curious if anyones used their Treo 600 as a remote for TV, stereo etc yet using a 3rd party program. I know I tried on the T300, but alas, the IR distance just wasn't workable. You had to be right up on the item you were trying to control to make it work (kinda defeats the purpose of a remote now doesn't it?). I wonder if this problem was addressed in the T600 and if it has the capablitity to send further distance now?
    Originally posted by nora
    Just curious if anyones used their Treo 600 as a remote for TV, stereo etc yet using a 3rd party program. I know I tried on the T300, but alas, the IR distance just wasn't workable. You had to be right up on the item you were trying to control to make it work (kinda defeats the purpose of a remote now doesn't it?). I wonder if this problem was addressed in the T600 and if it has the capablitity to send further distance now?
    I haven't actually found an application that works yet. NoviRemote states that the IR port cannot be used; OmniRemote causes a soft reset.